Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-31-2018, 12:29 PM   #1
Scared to Post

Talking 91 international Bus - 7.3l IDI Diesel + aftermarket Turbo

91 international Bus - Class C Camper remodel project/BOV $7500 Tucson/Vail AZ
Call/Text Bill 907-602-twenty four eighteen
This was my family transport vehicle for 2 years in Anchorage, AK before we traveled to Tucson, AZ. Have no need for it anymore, would you like my awesome, reliable bus?

Serious inquiries only

91 International 3700
******33,700 miles (I bought it at 11,000)*******
7.3L IDI diesel engine with aftermarket turbo (this is the same engine and turbo as the 94 ford truck)
7 3/4 MPG
Newer Paint - Professionally repainted in 2014 (always white - never Yellow) ($9K paint job)
Air brakes
Air ride seats for driver and passenger
Air Horn
23' 5" long
Turns on a dime (matches turning radius of minivans)
Seats 12 and has 6' of cargo space behind seats
Dual fuel tanks
Back-up camera (with kill-switch to stop power loss when not in use)
LED Headlights
SEE II wind screen (keeps back window clean from rain, dust and snow)
Locking back door
Tow hitch and can haul 12,000lbs (I hauled a 36' travel trailer down the ALCAN to AZ with this bus)
Extra-large tires 11x22R (2 spare tires)
Automatic Allison Transmission AT-545 (bulletproof)
Original Engine
All seats have seatbelts
Tie down straps installed back storage area.
Snow chains for back wheels.
Geared Mid-Range, can go up to 65 on the freeway.
Leaves no oil on ground.

Bus Walkthrough videos:
1 of 2 https://youtu.be/2HEHstoj8_4
2 of 2 https://youtu.be/vpis3NKMZfU

Milage is Authentic.
When I bought it, the most obvious fact was that it was under-used. Within the first two years I had all the glow plugs, fuel injectors and most of the seals in the engine replaced. I had a 20 year international mechanic look over it when I bought it and he said it wasn't even broken in yet.

It was a firefighter transport vehicle in Denali Park, AK for most of it's life. It was then sold to a company on the north slope of AK who used it as a backup bus for their primary bus. It was started monthly and monthly maintenance checks were performed. The office worker from that company bought it, had it trucked back to Anchorage, AK and let it sit for a year before I bought it from him. I have had it since just under 11,000 miles. I have used it as my family transport vehicle and had it professionally repainted, had a turbo put on, extra fuel tank, tow hitch, back up camera and windscreen. I towed a 36 ft travel trailer from Anchorage, AK down the ALCAN through CA to Arizona. It has been used as a farm vehicle for the last year hauling hay for my family farm.

Ideal for turning into a camper/class C RV or for using as a worksite storage truck for tools and supplies or even a BOV/BOB Bug-out-Vehicle/Bug-out-Bus

-Stand up inside and walk around throughout bus without hunching over 6'5" clearance
-Agile tactical vehicle with tight turning radius - turns like a Toyota sienna - u-turns within 2 1/2 lanes
-Higher ground clearance
-Can run on motor oil or waste veggie oil

Waste Veggie Oil (WVO)
My international mechanic friend also told me how to set it up for WVO. He had seen another bus with the exact same engine set up in a similar configuration and said they put the WVO in the back tank, started it in diesel to warm up, then switched it over to to WVO to drive, and 5 minutes before they turned it off it was switched back to diesel to clear out the system and did not have problems.

Known Problems
Center Bearing Assembly worn & needs replacement (~$380)
Fuel Gages - Front tank reads 1/4 full when empty, back tank does not read. (~$750) - Annoying but works fine.
7 of 12 windows in the back do not open, with one or both latches need replacing (plastic part @ $20 each).
Turn Signal does not auto shut off. (Just turn off manually, or Discontinued part - needs custom fix ~$560)

GreatWhiteBus is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
diesel, head room, international 3700, reliable, shortie