Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-11-2018, 10:34 AM   #1

'97 International Bluebird T444E in Tucson AZ

Hey, I have a '97 International Bluebird T444E 9 window bus I drove out to Tucson with plans on building my skoolie. Unfortunately, my financial situation has taken a crash. So, I'm now having to sell it. It's in overall decent shape. I have a bunch of photos and a full description in my cl ad. I'm asking $3000 or best offer.
Thanks,
Steve
https://tucson.craigslist.org/cto/d/...565753244.html

broken onkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 11:18 AM   #2

'97 International Bluebird T444E in Tucson AZ

This is a 1997 International Bluebird bus. It's a 9 window body, about 32' over all and 21' behind the driver. I bought it last year with the plan to turn it into a skoolie. I drove it across the country to get it here, but realized I don't have the time or money to do this right now. So, I have to sell it. It has the Navistar T444E 7.3 diesel V8 engine with an Allison transmission. Everything is in pretty decent condition for it's age. All but two seats have been removed in getting it ready for conversion. I'm asking $3000 or best offer.

A bit about it:

The bus came from Parkersburg, West Virginia.
There is no rust apparent from the outside, but in the photo of the wheel well you can see the spot to the left at the wall. This is the worst spot I found.

It has air brakes which work very well. It took a little getting used to how fast they are capable of stopping the bus.

There are no fluid leaks, although the oil and trans fluid should be changed soon.

It has the AT545 Allison transmission. It takes off very smooth, but tends to run above 220 if you get out of the 2k - 2300 RPM zone. I tried to price the bus with this in mind. The transmission shifts very smooth, but I would have an expert check it out.

In driving across the country, the bus didn't like the mountains, either Appalachian or Rockies. However, coming across Kansas I was doing 60-65 comfortably and actually got about 10 mpg.

The rear tires are at about 50% The inner left is a different manufacture, but seems good. The outer left has a slightly odd wear on the inner half of the tread. The front tires are wearing evenly and have about 40% left.

The odometer reads 52k and the title says it's actual. But, considering the buses age, I'm not sure the odometer hasn't been replaced. The engine runs well and doesn't smoke. It just seems like 52k miles is low.

There is no engine hours clock on the dash. So, I really have no idea how many hours are on the engine.

I hope this gives you an idea of the condition the bus is in. If you're in Tucson, come on by and check it out.

Give me a call if you have questions or want to see it.
Thanks,
Steve
cell 540 229-2983
Attached Thumbnails
fl.jpg   f.jpg   back.jpg   ds.jpg   dash.jpg  

viewf.jpg   viewr.jpg   rust.jpg  
broken onkey is offline   Reply With Quote