Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-24-2019, 05:10 PM   #1

'99 Blue Bird TC2000

5.9 Cummins 24-valve diesel, automatic 4 speed Allison AT545 transmission with OD. Runs and drives good, mechanically sound, engine does not smoke, no rust, solid body, no leaks. Air brakes. 72 passenger / 13 window, 2 roof hatches. All glass good. Blank slate great for RV conversion or hunting camp, no seats , they're already out and conversion on ceiling and walls was started. $3,850. New float in fuel tank. Reply with your contact info, or call 409-423-3900, bus located in Kirbyville TX
Attached Thumbnails
SAM_0619.jpg   SAM_0621.jpg   SAM_0624.jpg   SAM_0627.jpg   SAM_0645.jpg  

ponyex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 05:13 PM   #2
Bus Geek

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Genesis
Chassis: International
Engine: DT466/3060
Rated Cap: 77
I love when flippers buy a bus and list it right away for double what they paid or it's worth. Another 1 poster trying to rip us off.

Another priceless 545 with overdrive, that's where the extra $2k came from.
o1marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 05:36 PM   #3

01marc I'm not trying to rip anyone off. I had posted this originally a few weeks ago with my same username, same bus, same price as before. When I moved, I took the ad down until I was settled in my new location. Now I've reposted it.

The bus is a good bus. If you don't like it, that's ok, to each his own. Someone else may like it. Have a good day 01marc, I don't know you, you don't know me. If you're not interested in the bus, ok; why do you feel compelled to trash it?
Old 01-24-2019, 05:36 PM   #4
Bus Geek

Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Freighliner FS65
Engine: Cat 3126
Rated Cap: 15
Looks like a decent bus for someone under 6 feet tall.
But do know that a 545 has no od.

GLWS!
EastCoastCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 05:42 PM   #5

EastCoastCB yes the inside clearance is low, I am 5'7" with just a couple inches to spare; bus needs a vertically challenged purchaser, or a roof raise. It may not have overdrive, but it does downshift from top gear (4th) to third when you punch the accelerator. Thank you sir
Old 01-24-2019, 05:57 PM   #6
Bus Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponyex View Post
EastCoastCB yes the inside clearance is low, I am 5'7" with just a couple inches to spare; bus needs a vertically challenged purchaser, or a roof raise. It may not have overdrive, but it does downshift from top gear (4th) to third when you punch the accelerator. Thank you sir
I bet it downshifts and upshifts in every gear if it's working. We here at Skoolie like to educate people before they purchase, many come here for that advice. Your bus has the least desirable drivetrain and is misrepresented. You had it listed here before? Why did you sign up for a new account if you are already registered here, you posting says it's the first post you have made here. Not that you'll say, but when did you buy it? Why are you selling it? What did you give for it?If I were looking for another bus, that would be a $2k at best to me and anyone who is knowledgable.
Old 01-25-2019, 05:04 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by o1marc View Post
I bet it downshifts and upshifts in every gear if it's working. We here at Skoolie like to educate people before they purchase, many come here for that advice. Your bus has the least desirable drivetrain and is misrepresented. You had it listed here before? Why did you sign up for a new account if you are already registered here, you posting says it's the first post you have made here. Not that you'll say, but when did you buy it? Why are you selling it? What did you give for it?If I were looking for another bus, that would be a $2k at best to me and anyone who is knowledgable.

Well, where to start. You have questions, I have some of my own.

"We here at ..." You and who? You have a mouse in your pocket? The imperial We? Are you the site owner or a forum moderator?

" ... like to educate ..." There are better ways to educate a novice like me than to unfairly accuse me of misrepresenting what I've offered for sale.

" ... least desirable drivetrain..." Please, point me to your poll or explain how you determined that. Oh, it's your opinion. You may be right, you may be wrong, but can we let a potential buyer who is negotiating in good faith after having seen the bus decide?

"You had it listed here before? Why did you sign up for a new account if you are already registered here, you posting says it's the first post you have made here..."

01marc, thank you for all your questions. Since you don't like the bus or the post, and aren't here to buy, I owe you no explanation. For those sincerely interested, and those just reading for grins, I need to answer them in any case.

Yes, I had posted the bus several weeks ago. When I moved from one state to another I asked the moderator the take the ad down since I was unable to edit it. I wouldn't be able to show the bus during the move. I could not edit or remove the post, so I asked the forum moderator to do it. More questions about how the site operates behind the scenes? Don't ask me, I have no idea; ask the moderators. And no, I did not sign up for another account.

" ... but when did you buy it?" February 28, 2017

"Why are you selling it?" After I bought the bus, I lost my job, I lost my apartment, I had two kidney stone surgeries and a sudden total deafness from a virus in my left ear. I’ve had to move in with family. All this on top of already dealing with heart failure with a defibrillator, severe Crohns disease, 10 prescriptions a day, and regular things like allergies, hangnails, bumps, bruises and trolls. I am selling personal items to come up with the resources to continue a near-normal life. How about you live your life and make your own decisions, and let me do the same.

"What did you give for it?" $3,850, just what I'm asking for it. That's a starting point, I expect to come down. That's how this works.

"If I were looking for another bus, that would be a $2k at best to me and anyone who is knowledgable..." Well, are you looking 01marc? No, you're not looking to buy. Does it feel good, to bully a cripple like me? If you have a problem with the post, then click “report post.” If you’re not looking to buy or sell, but to educate, then the powertrain forum or any other forum would really be the best place to go. An agreement between a willing seller and a willing buyer will determine the price, duh.

For everyone else, thank you kindly for looking and reading. I am not as knowledgeable as 01marc about busses. I do know a little about human nature. Which would you rather? When I bought the bus is didn’t know a thing, but I trusted the seller. It worked out fine for me. This site is an excellent resource and has helped me tremendously. For now my bus dream is on hold. Reply or call if you’re interested in the bus. Thanks
Old 01-25-2019, 06:24 PM   #8
Bus Crazy

Year: 1997
Coachwork: Bluebird
Engine: DT466E
Rated Cap: 34
Quote:
Does it feel good, to bully
You aren't the first newbie he's belittled, and, based on history, you won't be the last.....some people just enjoy doing that. Why it's allowed is a mystery to me.

Other than that, this is a great site to learn from for your future endeavors.....stick around.

The Busted Flush
plfking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2019, 06:48 PM   #9
Bus Geek

Year: 1991
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: DTA360 / MT643
Rated Cap: 7 Row Handicap
Geez marc.. leave the guy aloine... he wants to sell a bus, you dont want to buy one, thats great so quit reading for sale posts..

slamming people to the ground because the price isnt dirt??? really???

I like alot of what you say.. but this BS has no place ...

a more proper response mightve been

"the AT545 has no overdrive.. its a 4 speed non OD automatic"
-Christopher
cadillackid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2019, 07:53 PM   #10
Bus Geek

My apologize to the OP. We've gotten an influx of 1st posters trying to sell here. I could have been more supportive in my reply.
Old 01-25-2019, 11:24 PM   #11
Bus Nut

Year: 2010
Coachwork: IC
Engine: MF DT466
Rated Cap: 81
I think anyone selling a bus that is gutted is like a free $1k. Anyone that has done this knows the pain and time,plus disposal of all the tear out. And maybe it's me but the cheap prices of yesteryear have disappeared. If you sit forever and wait may get a deal but I see junk on CL for 5k that appears to sell. Wish the OP best luck on his sale and health comes around to run another try at a bus build.
Miles O Roads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2019, 11:48 AM   #12
Bus Geek

Year: 2002
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: All American RE (A3RE)
Engine: Cummins ISC (8.3)
Rated Cap: 72
Marc,

OP has been a member since April 2017 and has been responsive to questions. I think we should cut him some slack.

He obviously is not one of those "hit and run" classified ad posters who sign up and immediately make their first post a for sale post and never return.
PNW_Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2019, 12:01 PM   #13
Bus Geek

I've apologized, lets move on.
Old 01-26-2019, 02:37 PM   #14
Bus Nut

Year: 1997
Coachwork: International
Chassis: Vista 3600
Engine: DT466E / AT545
Rated Cap: 72
So all drama aside, and not trying to criticize OP in any way (honestly I'd buy it for that price, it's exactly what I was looking for a month ago).

If it has the 545, is there any possibility or hardware available that would enable overdrive (or locking TC) without changing the transmission, similar to a driveline retarder that doesn't require major work?
geminusprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2019, 02:55 PM   #15
Bus Geek

Year: 1991
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: DTA360 / MT643
Rated Cap: 7 Row Handicap
The 545 doesn’t have the intervals for lockup , there was a variant called a 1545 for military spec but isn’t a direct drop in to the 545. The best bet is to swap a different trans in. An overdrive unit would give you more gears but would strain the non lockup system even more as the converter would slip more.
Mechanically the 1000/2000 will fit in place of a 545 but you then need the electronics. An mt643 is not electronic but requires mechanical mods to install
Christopher
cadillackid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2019, 03:48 PM   #16
Bus Geek

Year: 1992
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Chassis: TC-2000 Frt Eng, Tranny:MT643
Engine: 5,9 Cummins
Rated Cap: 84
Transmissions are often mis-identified right from the school district.
A photo or two of the transmission itself (with the camera at ground level) should settle it. Also, a photo of the shift-controller on the instrument panel would tell us whether it is a pre-electronic 4-speed without overdrive, or an electronic 5- or 6- speed with overdrive.

Elliot Naess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 04:39 PM   #17

I've sold the bus. Thank you kindly to everyone who looked and commented