Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-23-2015, 12:18 AM   #41
Bus Nut

Year: 1986
Coachwork: Crown Super Coach
Chassis: Built on a Crown Chassis
Engine: 300HP BIG CAM TURBO 855
Rated Cap: 78
CrazyCal..........my apologies. I was running off what others had said here. So i went back to the listing and there IS NO MENTION that it is titled as a Van..........Only that it is registered as a Van. So you make a valid point.

I simply meandered through here and accepted that somewhere this "titled as a Van" had been established which clearly it hasn't. It may not be. So that does need to be cleared up. And to that end I have contacted the District and posed that question directly. It's indeed very easy for me to accept that you had a bus registered as a motorhome but was titled as a bus.

In all honesty this was never much of a concern for me and may still not be: As I don't title anything in California and as stated have found it pretty easy to get "housecar" Insurance on something titled as a bus. It gets confusing for Underwriters because on title it Always says Crown Coach. Or Crown Super Coach and there are production Crown RV's...... Anyway the question has been presented. If titled as a Van by the district I'm pretty much assuming that a VIN check will reflect that also.............kind of apples and oranges to what your circumstance was.

Old 06-23-2015, 01:09 AM   #42

Year: 1995
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: 3800
Engine: DT408, AT545
Rated Cap: 23 500 gvw
Quote:
Originally Posted by mokibrabrant View Post
And your point is what. That your anecdotal experience is a template for all experiences to come. Maybe they just didn't like your vibe.
My point is you don't just tell them what you you want. It doesn't work that way. If it did, you wouldn't have this section filled with problems about insurance.

Titles, Insurance, Registration and Money Matters - Skoolie.net

It doesn't matter what the title says. Many insurance companies won't insure school buses. The VIN tells them that it is a school bus. Maybe you're the popular guy that everyone likes and when you take a crap, rainbows come out and we all know that you are legend in your own mind...but...the real world is a whole different story. I don't care much if people don't like my vibe. I don't go out of my way to stick my finger in someone's eye but I'm not a doormat. Facts are facts and in California, you can't just do your dance and get whatever you feel like getting.

Quote:
And I might add in your experience you claimed that it was "registered as a motorhome" I believe the School district claims that it is titled as a Van
I'm not claiming anything. It was titled and registered as a motorhome. I don't know what they do in your state but here, titled as a MH IS registered as a MH. You can't title it one way and register it another.

Save your flowery talk for someone else. A few newcomers might be impressed but when they read enough of your writing, they will get the idea pretty quick.

You Gotta Let Me Fly
crazycal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 01:18 AM   #43

Year: 1995
Chassis: 3800
Engine: DT408, AT545
Rated Cap: 23 500 gvw
Quote:
And no matter HOW MANY times I tell the person on the phone that it is a motorcoach and I am in the process of converting it into a "MOTORHOME"! They always come back to "Sir your VIN comes back as a 1992 Neoplan BUS and so it will need to be registered and insured as a "non-commercial" bus for your purposes!"
Quote pulled from here and not mine.

http://www.skoolie.net/forums/f18/te...ems-11147.html

You Gotta Let Me Fly
crazycal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 01:24 AM   #44
Bus Nut

no flowery talk..........I believe that if a vehicle is titled then the title will correspond with the VIN........that's why we do it..............

I really don't care to hear your story again. I heard it the first time. You first claimed the vehicle was registered as a motorhome. You didn't mention at all that it was also titled as a motorhome. As far as I'm concerned that should take care of it even for the insurance company. There's a chance that it might not have been recorded properly or there was a ministerial error..........But if I run the Vin of My Crown it will come up as a House Car.........Fact. If you want to snivel about how mistreated you were by a Insurance company that your prerogative. But to suggest that it's this way and will be this way in all subsequent instances to come...........is just bleating.

Interesting how everything was quite civil over here until you decided to meander through isn't it? Interesting too that you mention " A few newcomers might be impressed but when they read enough of your writing, they will get the idea pretty quick. "

What's interesting is that it is the newcomers that are making this page work. Bring them on this page needs them. I encourage more and more newcomers. Enough of them participating in friendship will eventually bury the few who believe they hold some particular importance here: To be rude. To be arrogant. To be strident............Please. Many many Many more new subscribers, members to this page.................to dilute the core dominance of the misanthropic...............that flowery enough for ya..........I thought that it might be.
Old 06-23-2015, 01:50 AM   #45
Bus Geek

Year: 1992
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: TC2000 FE
Engine: 190hp 5.9 Cummins
Rated Cap: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazycal View Post
Save your flowery talk for someone else. A few newcomers might be impressed but when they read enough of your writing, they will get the idea pretty quick.
Yup.

I have wondered a few times what substance is causing such odd methods of expression?

Nat

Patently waiting for the apocalypses to level the playing field in this physiological game of life commonly known as Civilization
nat_ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 06:26 AM   #46
Bus Geek

Year: 1999
Chassis: Freighliner FS65
Engine: Cat 3126
Rated Cap: 15
EastCoastCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 01:18 PM   #47
Bus Nut

[/QUOTE]

I look at it very much in many lights....................the light shinning right now seems so clear that it works like this.
Attached Thumbnails
troll.jpg  
Old 06-23-2015, 08:28 PM   #48
Bus Geek

:bigg rin:

Nat

Patently waiting for the apocalypses to level the playing field in this physiological game of life commonly known as Civilization
Old 06-23-2015, 08:34 PM   #49
Bus Nut

Roasted Troll..............In a stew or on a roll...
Attached Thumbnails
troll.jpg  
Old 06-23-2015, 08:48 PM   #50
Bus Geek

You look like the kind I would stew.

A bit old and stringy, need to boil for a while to loosen up.

Nat