Year: 1989
Coachwork: 1853FC International/Navistar
Chassis: 35' Retired Air Force Ambulance
Engine: DT466, MT643
Rated Cap: 6 souls and a driver
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastCoastCB View Post
Good stuff...
Milkmania- Thanks, IDK why but those pics made me smile.
it's all good....
I told my new wife I could make biscuits from scratch too!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_8470.JPG (127.5 KB, 1 views)
Old 06-21-2015, 03:16 PM   #32

This is a cool bus. Can you tell the length is a Crown by counting windows or something? Just wondering how much space are in these compared to the transit style buses. Hard to tell the headroom as well.
Nesma02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2015, 05:22 PM   #33
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by milkmania View Post
it's all good....
I told my new wife I could make biscuits from scratch too!

Looks like you've got the munchies. Jack in the Box invented a meal just for this occasion.

Jack In The Box | Stacked Grilled Cheese Burger Munchie Meal

You Gotta Let Me Fly
crazycal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2015, 06:32 PM   #34
Bus Crazy

Year: 1989
Coachwork: 1853FC International/Navistar
Chassis: 35' Retired Air Force Ambulance
Engine: DT466, MT643
Rated Cap: 6 souls and a driver
nope, haven't had the munchies since I was awarded custody in 2010.... before that, got the munchies a couple times in 2008..... but in 1988, Nacho Cheese Doritoes were my best friend
Old 06-22-2015, 10:24 PM   #35

I think the real interesting part of this auction is that it is titled as a van. It may make it tremendously easy for someone to get plates and insurance vs the normal hassle of arranging insurance during conversion. Maybe it could get added to a regular policy.
Nesma02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 10:29 PM   #36
Bus Nut

Year: 1986
Coachwork: Crown Super Coach
Chassis: Built on a Crown Chassis
Engine: 300HP BIG CAM TURBO 855
Rated Cap: 78
178 thousand original miles is nothing for this Crown..............true million mile engine highest quality Coach build..............It's a Semi-Truck that happens to have an aluminum cocoon tied in to the frame-rails............awesome bus.
Old 06-23-2015, 12:18 AM   #37
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nesma02 View Post
I think the real interesting part of this auction is that it is titled as a van. It may make it tremendously easy for someone to get plates and insurance vs the normal hassle of arranging insurance during conversion. Maybe it could get added to a regular policy.

As soon as the insurance company punches in the VIN, they will see what iy is.

You Gotta Let Me Fly
Old 06-23-2015, 12:30 AM   #38
Bus Nut

It's titled as a Van......straight up................you run the VIN you come up with Van............simple...........
Old 06-23-2015, 12:39 AM   #39
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by mokibrabrant View Post
It's titled as a Van......straight up................you run the VIN you come up with Van............simple...........
I had a Ford E450 school bus titled as a motor home. When I took it to Farmers, they punched in the VIN. They said 14,050# GVW. They said no. I told them it was registered as a motorhome. They didn't care. I didn't walk in off the street. I have insured over 15 cars, my home, my workers comp, etc. with this agent. You can't just show up and dictate what you want. This isn't my first rodeo. I am on bus number 9 that I have purchased.

You Gotta Let Me Fly
Old 06-23-2015, 01:03 AM   #40
Bus Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazycal View Post
I had a Ford E450 school bus titled as a motor home. When I took it to Farmers, they punched in the VIN. They said 14,050# GVW. They said no. I told them it was registered as a motorhome. They didn't care. I didn't walk in off the street. I have insured over 15 cars, my home, my workers comp, etc. with this agent. You can't just show up and dictate what you want. This isn't my first rodeo. I am on bus number 9 that I have purchased.

And your point is what. That your anecdotal experience is a template for all experiences to come. Maybe they just didn't like your vibe.

At this moment in time I'm more predisposed to accept what the School District has to say. If it turns out to not be true then that's a road that of course will have to be crossed. Personally I have had zero difficulty titling my Coaches as motorhomes and typically already have insurance in play prior to arriving at the the DMV it seems to help them along their decision making way in terms of titling: It's always caveat emptor.............isn't it? But your particular experience is precisely that. And I might add in your experience you claimed that it was "registered as a motorhome" I believe the School district claims that it is titled as a Van........but surely a point worth clarification.