Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-07-2019, 05:43 AM   #1
Mini-Skoolie

Airride seats for sale

Sharing this Market Place add. Move to correct forum if this is not right.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...7884265810739/

I was looking for a used moblity chair and they popped up in search.

Billy n NC

Broachbilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 12:31 PM   #2
Bus Geek

Year: 1984
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: International 1753
Engine: 6.9 International
Rated Cap: 65
Those aren't much of a deal. Usually you can get air ride seats for 500 new from a company with a warranty.

Quite a few places will have used ones for cheap/free. I bought a set for my bus for 20 bucks.
Booyah45828 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 02:08 PM   #3
Bus Geek

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Genesis
Chassis: International
Engine: DT466/3060
Rated Cap: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booyah45828 View Post
Those aren't much of a deal. Usually you can get air ride seats for 500 new from a company with a warranty.

Quite a few places will have used ones for cheap/free. I bought a set for my bus for 20 bucks.
Why are they not a deal when you say a new one with a warranty is $500. These are new, still have tags and I'm sure a factory warranty.
o1marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2019, 09:35 AM   #4
Bus Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by o1marc View Post
Why are they not a deal when you say a new one with a warranty is $500. These are new, still have tags and I'm sure a factory warranty.
So buying from an individual at the same cost as buying from a store is a deal to you?

How's that factory warranty gonna work out when you need service and have no receipt showing the date of purchase?

Where are you going to take it to when the factory says to refer all warranty inquiries to the place of purchase, like a lot of manufacturers say?
Old 12-08-2019, 09:45 AM   #5
Bus Geek

Year: 1991
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: DTA360 / MT643
Rated Cap: 7 Row Handicap
I dont know these seats specifically .. has anyone looked the exact model number (plus options) and base type up onloine to see what they truly cost to order them someplace else?

often with these seats the model when you look up on line is a series and you need to add options.. these seats may have some $$ options you'd have to add to buy one new...

-Christopher
cadillackid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 08:56 AM   #6
Bus Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadillackid View Post
I dont know these seats specifically .. has anyone looked the exact model number (plus options) and base type up onloine to see what they truly cost to order them someplace else?

often with these seats the model when you look up on line is a series and you need to add options.. these seats may have some $$ options you'd have to add to buy one new...

-Christopher
They didn't give the specific model #, just the brand and type that is shown on the operators manual.

You're right that certain seats can be 2000+. Those usually have massage, lumbar, heat/cooling, exit options, etc.

I don't think these are those types. From the controls shown in the pictures, it looks like they have lumbar only on both seats. A quick google shows that the gray seats with those options can be had for about 5-600 bucks retail. The black ones can be had for about 750.

I could call my salesman and get a wholesale price for them, but I'd just about guarantee that it will be less then 500.

Still not much of a deal when you can get used ones in good shape for almost nothing.
Old 12-09-2019, 09:18 AM   #7
Bus Geek

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Freighliner FS65
Engine: Cat 3126
Rated Cap: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by cadillackid View Post

-Christopher
They're usually 700-900 new.
Sears seats are a very popular choice in the trucking crowd.
I'd buy one of these if I could. Especially if I could get the seller to knock off a hundred bucks.
EastCoastCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 10:26 AM   #8
Bus Crazy

Year: 2001
Chassis: All American
Engine: 8.3 Cummins ISC
Rated Cap: 75
My local marketplace has flippers that part out junk trucks. The ones that ask $500 for seats never sell. The ones that ask $100 or less are sold the next day.
WIbluebird is offline   Reply With Quote