Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-13-2007, 09:17 PM   #1
Mini-Skoolie

at545 transmission

i got two of these things in a package deal, but really only need one so i'm selling the other one. they will fit a variety of applications. cummins diesel, navistar/international 7.3, dt466, and various gas motors. i have an adapter ring, but honestly i'm not sure what motor they came from behind. it looks to be some sort of SAE pattern. adpater rings for other patterns are available.

these are VERY low mileage units that were used as R&D models for a street sweeper company.

asking $200obo for a transmission and adapter ring. $250obo if you want a converter and drum style output mounted e-brake assembly with it.

Old 05-13-2007, 10:59 PM   #2
Bus Nut

Allison transmission

I've been looking for a good AT545 for a 7.3 Ford diesel. Please send your addy and a phone number to... mailto:frank-id@crown.myfr.net
I need all parts as trans, converter,flexplate and belhousing adaptor.
I am in Idaho 83303, please get a freight quote for me to a commercial business, in my town. Thanks, Frank
frank-id is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 06:08 PM   #3
Bus Geek

Year: 1992
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Chassis: TC-2000 Frt Eng, Tranny:MT643
Engine: 5,9 Cummins
Rated Cap: 84

In case this is useful:
http://www.skoolie.net/forum/viewtop...?p=12668#12668

Elliot Naess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 11:27 PM   #4

Year: 1995
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: 3800
Engine: DT408, AT545
Rated Cap: 23 500 gvw
If Frank does not buy it, I am interested.

You Gotta Let Me Fly
crazycal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 12:34 PM   #5
Bus Nut

Hey Wander Are ya selling the trans ???

Breaker breaker one nine, ya got a copy?
Are ya selling a trans or not? I'm too old for games. Sh*t or get off the pot.
Life is passing. I'm 70 now and don't wanna wait till old age. Frank
Old 05-15-2007, 09:50 PM   #6
Skoolie

does anyone know where the temp sender is on an at545
Old 05-15-2007, 11:54 PM   #7
Bus Geek

Send a message via MSN to the_experience03 Send a message via Yahoo to the_experience03
Re: Hey Wander Are ya selling the trans ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank-id
70? I hope to be half as ambitious as you are when I'm half your age! I know it's a bit of a thread drift, but what ever happened with the Allison swap in the Crown?
Old 05-16-2007, 09:41 AM   #8
Bus Nut

The Allison into the Crown bus

Hey you must read my posts. I guess not many trucks or buses came with a 855 Cummins and a Allison. I got a couple trans but finding the bellhousing adaptor and flexplate was a real trial. I traveled from Idaho to Los Angeles to a very large salvage yard. The main man said he had not seen a flexplate as needed in about a year. The parts I needed were about $700 and last November went to $4000. I was ready to return to my home and the salvage guy called. He found a flexplate. I raced back to LA and bought parts. I was checking fit of parts and discovered, wrong parts. After I called the salvage place, another flexplate was found. Yahoo. Back to LA. I got the correct flexplate and also bought a Allison MT653. And while paying, and moving trans, some fine person cut the cd player from the truck I was borrowing.
A new cd player was $120 as the other unit was 2 weeks old. I hope the thief
breaks a needle off in his body.
I'm needing a Allison AT545 for my Ford F350 dually. This truck has had 3 E4OD by original owner and 2 used trans by me. Most trans seem to fail at about 90-120K miles. An Allison will fit with just a few changes.
I just love making a few changes to stuff. Yep. I'm old and tired. Frank
Old 05-16-2007, 04:44 PM   #9
Bus Geek

Send a message via MSN to the_experience03 Send a message via Yahoo to the_experience03
Re: The Allison into the Crown bus

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank-id
. And while paying, and moving trans, some fine person cut the cd player from the truck I was borrowing.
A new cd player was $120 as the other unit was 2 weeks old. I hope the thief
breaks a needle off in his body.
Amen

So as long as we're drifting...what about the idea of an MT653 in a 4wd vehicle? Can some sort of a tailhousing for a t-case be found? Does such an animal even exist? I just think that even with the enormous size the strength and really low gearing in 1st combined with the ease of an automatic would make an awesome drivetrain behind say a big block Chevy. I would just be afraid that that transmission, spud shaft, and divorced t-case might get a little long even for a long bed truck.
Old 05-16-2007, 06:42 PM   #10
Bus Nut

There are many applications

With an Allison and four whel drive. Our local airport had a 4 wheel drive emergency vehicle. A airplane landed on it. The body was destroyed but the engine and trans were saved for a future use. The truck had about 23K miles. Lots of military, abulance and emergency vehicles have diesel engines , auto trans and four wheel drive. There is not a big demand for this type trans setup. Ya never realize how many of any vehicle is, untill ya own one.
The best search is with salvage yards. I'll bet there is very little demand for an four wheel drive stuff up to an Addison. The most critical parts are the flexplate and bellhousing. Frank
Old 05-16-2007, 07:08 PM   #11
Skoolie

Coachwork: Amtran
Chassis: International
check out the army 6X6's..most are diesel and, for arguements sake 4 wheel drive (it just has extra wheels)
Demonknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 03:04 AM   #12
Bus Geek

I've seen a few 4wd dumps around along with some other vocational trucks, but I've never climbed under to take a good look. It seems to me that the transfercases would most likely be divorced, but if you could find one married to the transmission that sure could make a sweet set up.
Old 05-21-2007, 11:20 PM   #13
Mini-Skoolie

Quote:
maybe you could practice what you're preaching and give us a response to your own thread. http://www.skoolie.net:16080/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2112

sorry for the delay, i've been out of town on a trip (in my bus ). i'll get a shipping estimate for you tomorrow. do you have a forward air terminal anywhere close by? i have found them to be much cheaper than other freight companies in the past since they are a terminal to terminal shipper. that means you would have to pick it up, but it might save you alot if you have one close. you can check at http://www.forwardair.com

crazycal, i'll let you know what frank decides.
Old 05-22-2007, 10:41 AM   #14
Bus Nut

I guess it must be me

I do not regularly do any commerce via a BB site. I like direct interaction by phone or email. The folks who contacted me direct get first consideration. Making a contact does not guarantee payment. The water heater was thot to be sold but, funds have not been forthcoming. I did not want to make a premature announcement.
Wander, I have tried to send you an email, with no success. Please make your trans available to calcrazy. Frank
Old 05-22-2007, 11:27 AM   #15
Mini-Skoolie

crazycal, sounds like you're next in line. You can respond here or send me a pm if you're still interested.

Frank, you've had no success emailing me because I prefer not to list my address on a public board for reasons of spam, scams, etc. I was waiting to contact you at the address you listed above until after I had a freight quote for you.

If you happen to change your mind, just let me know and I will continue in obtaining an estimate and email it to you.
Old 05-24-2007, 12:13 AM   #16

Year: 1995
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: 3800
Engine: DT408, AT545
Rated Cap: 23 500 gvw
I sent you a pm. If you don't receive it, let me know here. Thanks.

You Gotta Let Me Fly
crazycal is offline   Reply With Quote