Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-02-2018, 03:21 PM   #1

Auatralian moving to canada

G'day!

My girlfriend and I are moving to canada at the end of the year to work and travel! We have always want to do the vanlife while exploring all of america including centeral and south america!. Been looking into it for months now! And have come to realise the skoolie life is the way to go. Im saying is does come with alot of questions.

My first one is as i do not have connections/know people in north america i am unsure on how and where i should be exactly looking for our bus!. We dont not car for short or long buses or front engines or back engines we do not mind in the end something that will run well and have the space. I personally dont mind the idea of the short buses easier to drive id assume and it would still be bigger then any van we would buy! But i am all up for suggestions!

One thing i wonder is there a serivice i can used for people too look at the buses for me before I am even in the contury i have no real mechainal experenice. I am a carpenter though so i feel like id have no problems chipping away and renovating the inside!

Love to get thjs thread going and i can ask more questions and really get deep into peoples ideas and thoughs

A quick conclusion here
We dont mind the look of a bus as long as its on the cheaper end and runs well. Also dont mind where in america or canada to purshace the bus as we havent booked any flights yet for the end of the year!

Thank you all in advance😊
JJ

Jjmate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 03:24 PM   #2
Bus Geek

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Freighliner FS65
Engine: Cat 3126
Rated Cap: 15
Check Colorado, Oregon, Washington, California, Arizona, Texas... Those are some of the best states to get great buses from.
Florida has low-end buses for TOP DOLLAR, that much I'm sure of.

If you're a positive, active member of the forum/community you can often find a nice person to go check out a bus for you. I've had folks look at buses for me, and its been super helpful.
EastCoastCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 09:13 AM   #3
Bus Crazy

Check out wegolook.com. I'm not aware of anyone in this community having used them and have no first- or second-hand experience to report, but they do seem to be what you're looking for. Somebody around here said that they were $90-100 USD a pop.
dan-fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2018, 04:29 PM   #4

Year: 2010
Chassis: E-450 Quigley 4x4
Engine: Ford V10 gasoline
Where are you moving to in Canada? There is a LOT of rust issues on the East coast (maritime provinces). Less rust the further West you travel. The West coast is relatively free of heavy rust concerns.
Chill_Seeker is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
new guy australian ideas