Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-08-2011, 07:19 PM   #1
Bus Nut

BB Bus

I am looking for a Blue Bird Bus steering wheel. I really only need the center hub. The hub is 7/8 inch or .875 with 36 splines. This shaft is like no other. My goal is to rework a GM wheel of about 15-18 inches and install on my bus. Some years ago, I did the same with my Crown bus. There are lots of choises with GM cars and trucks. Just the wheel hub. Socket required is 1 1/4......Yep, I will pay.............. Frank ....frank.id.crownatgmail.com

frank-id is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 12:15 PM   #2
Bus Nut

Re: BB Bus

bump
Old 03-09-2011, 07:25 PM   #3
Bus Crazy

Year: 1991
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: AARE
Engine: 3116 Cat 250hp
Rated Cap: Just the two of us.

Quote:
The hub is 7/8 inch or .875 with 36 splines. This shaft is like no other.
Sorry to hear that, I was hoping to put some kind of aftermarket fancy something or other in my BB. I hadn't really gotten around to researching things yet. TS and flasher switches look GM to me.
somewhereinusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 11:54 PM   #4
Bus Nut

Re: BB Bus steering

I am not a big fan of large steering wheels. A company named VIP, Very Important Products will make many styles of wheels that is a direct fit for Blue Bird.
About $160-180, plus shipping and tax, and the perfect fit. I am old, unemployed, looking for work, but I only want a 15 inch wheel. I have a mill and lathe, and these help me make some different stuff. I like the old style 3 spoke cruiser steering wheels. Frank
Old 04-04-2011, 06:11 PM   #5
Skoolie

The stock steering wheel sucks how ever you will love it if you ever blow a belt on your power steering, this happen to me on my last trip I was able to drive the bus a far as I needed to get another belt if I had a smaller wheel I would not been able to steer it and would have been dead along the road until I got another belt installed.

I have had others tell me the over size steering wheel will save your life if you ever have a front tire blow out while driving.
hoser is offline   Reply With Quote