Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-22-2019, 01:53 PM   #1
Scared to Post

BELUGA BUS - schoolie FOR SALE!!!! Vancouver

Vehicle Details:

• Safety certified in Ontario as of July 2018 (only driven for 2 months since safety, has been in storage all winter)
  • Currently insured with Ontario license plates, stickers valid until May 2019 (can be renewed for another 6 months without safety inspection in Ontario)
  • *Currently registered in Ontario as a Motorhome
  • 243638km on dial
  • Model: 2002 International 30S
  • Transmission: Automatic / Diesel
  • Including the driver seat there are 5 legal seat belts installed on the bus
  • Total vehicle length: 38.5 feet from nose to back.
  • Vehicle Height: approx. 10.5 feet
  • Brakes: Hydraulic! No air brakes here- so no special license needed
  • Vehicle weight: approx. 10,000kg
  • Vehicle colour: White

Space Features:

• Sleeps 4 adults comfortably (one full size double bed + two futons). Could fit an additional 2 with a tight squeeze on the futons - each futon is larger than a single bed, but slightly smaller than a double (would be great for kids). Of course, option to camp on the roof deck also an option!
  • Master bedroom features lots of storage underneath the bed and shelving above.
  • Two couches upfront convert into futons and feature ample custom storage in drawers below and behind.
  • Breakfast nook for two features two-person bench seat, and a folding chair stored by the master bedroom can add a third comfortably.
  • Great sized kitchen featuring live edge countertop, large kitchen sink , 4 burner gas stove (propane), good size mini fridge with freezer (electric), and lots of storage in shelving above and cabinetry below. Kitchen comes fully stocked with utensils/cooking utensils/plates/cups etc.
  • Bathroom walls are finished with reclaimed sauna cedar wood and features a tankless propane hot water heater (Eccotemp FVI12), washroom sink with vanity and full size shower stall with curtain. Ceiling light and exhaust fan in bathroom, with area prepared for easy compost toilet installation.
  • Co-pilot/navigation seat located up front featuring fold-down desk to keep the driver company and plan routes!
  • Mini fold down desk area / workstation by master bedroom
  • 12-16 foot long rooftop deck with access via vintage Ontario Hydro ladder mounted on back of bus.
  • Common area features a cubic mini wood stove perfect for chilly nights!
  • Steel welded frame under bus supports water tanks (1xfresh 55 gallon + 2xgrey 55 gallon) and 4 propane tanks installed with automatic relay. *kitchen has a seperate grey water tank from bathroom
  • 7 electrical outlets installed throughout bus with switch controlled lights in kitchen and bathroom
  • There is additional storage space in a large aluminum storage box installed on the side of the bus, on driver’s side (visible in images)

Solar Setup:

• Equipped with 5 solar panel setup on roof (1000 watt setup, with outback charge controller, 2000w Sini inverter )
  • Automatic charge alternator installed so that batteries can charge while you drive, in addition to solar charging.
  • 6x 12 volt deep cycle batteries to hold charge installed under bus
  • Capability to connect to ground power when parked, with RV plug adaptor included

Additional Details:

• All walls under the windows and floors are insulated with household grade insulation
  • Paint used on exterior is latex based and proven to lower the temperature of the bus body by almost 20 degrees celsius when parked in direct sunlight.
  • Beautiful brass hardware and hooks used throughout the bus along with kitchen sink basin, wood finishing throughout and cedar in the bathroom were salvaged from an old character home that was destined for demolition.

Contact for more details:
renier_bronn@hotmail.com
jjdiflorio@gmail.com

Follow us:

@belugabus - instagram

Lots more photos!
Attached Thumbnails
Screenshot_2019-04-19 Beluga Bus ( belugabus) • Instagram photos and videos(5).png   Screenshot_2019-04-19 Beluga Bus ( belugabus) • Instagram photos and videos(7).png   Screenshot_2019-04-19 Beluga Bus ( belugabus) • Instagram photos and videos(6).png   Screenshot_2019-04-19 Beluga Bus ( belugabus) • Instagram photos and videos(9).png   Screenshot_2019-04-19 Beluga Bus ( belugabus) • Instagram photos and videos(4).png  

Screenshot_2019-04-19 Beluga Bus ( belugabus) • Instagram photos and videos(1).png  

jjdiflorio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 12:55 AM   #2

Hi. Where about are you now. I’m in New West, but it looks like you kinda get around. Would love to come check her out if your near. We’re looking for something just like your Beluga. You can email me at bluenoserick@gmail.com.
Thanks
Rick and Diane
Schoolboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2019, 09:42 PM   #3

Beluga bus questions

Hi! Gorgeous conversion! How much are you asking? Also, do you know much about selling it and retitling it in the US? We want to move to Washington and live in skoolie. Yours is close enough, but I never looked into buying from across the border.
Crowlp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 05:40 AM   #4
Bus Geek

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Freighliner FS65
Engine: Cat 3126
Rated Cap: 15
What's the price? Looks nice but low headroom and no insulation.
How old is the latex house paint??
EastCoastCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 11:24 AM   #5

Asking price?
fu7uresk00lie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 12:15 PM   #6
Bus Nut

Year: 2004
Chassis: International
Engine: T444e w/ 2000 Allison Trans
Rated Cap: 35
Many will want to know what specifics are in the drive train.

What engine? be specific
What transmission? be specific
Rear end ratio
tire condition/tread life

and...... duh.... the price.

Follow our build on Instagram at https://www.instagram.com/skoolie_doo/
Rovobay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2019, 11:08 AM   #7

Looking at this https://www.dropbox.com/sh/fii1heia8...kvrBAM9Va?dl=0 The PDF shows a price of $36K. If that is in Canadian $ then it should be around $27K US.
RyanR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2019, 01:17 PM   #8
Bus Crazy

Year: 1975
Coachwork: Chevy
Chassis: 8 window
Engine: 454 LS7
Rated Cap: 24,500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowlp View Post
Hi! Gorgeous conversion! How much are you asking? Also, do you know much about selling it and retitling it in the US? We want to move to Washington and live in skoolie. Yours is close enough, but I never looked into buying from across the border.
shouldn't be a problem as it was built in North America - I imported a Tucker sno-cat from the US to Canada and it was relatively simple, made even easier by the use of a broker who filled out the paper work correctly the first time - all I needed to present at the border was the bill of sale, hand the customs guy the paper work done by the broker, sign a couple of papers and I was good to go - ( after paying the local sales tax - there were no import duties )
Sleddgracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 07:16 PM   #9
Bus Geek

Year: 2002
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: All American RE (A3RE)
Engine: Cummins ISC (8.3)
Rated Cap: 72
I imported my truck into the US from Canada myself.

Minor PITA. Would have been downright easy if a had not had the poor luck of getting one of the "less energetic" customs officers to assist me. He had his priorities and I can really understand. I like doughnuts more than work too......,

I would have some reservations about paying top dollar for a bus conversion with the original ceiling still in place and "household insulation". I suspect that means that it has the original fiberglass insulation. For a weekend rig that may be ok but I have tried longer stays in hot and cold climates in a bus with original ceiling and insulation. Not my idea of comfortable. I put 2" of closed cell spray in my last bus and I would call that a good start.

Also, I would definitely want to be certain that the bus is equipped with a top notch drive train. At that price I would be looking for a DT-530 or an 8.3 and an MD3060 transmission.

Good luck.
PNW_Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 12:14 PM   #10
Skoolie

Year: 2002
Coachwork: Thomas Built Buses
Chassis: FS-65
Engine: Cat 3126
Rated Cap: 66/44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rovobay View Post
Many will want to know what specifics are in the drive train.

What engine? be specific
What transmission? be specific
Rear end ratio
tire condition/tread life

and...... duh.... the price.
Mt545 and probably a T444EClick image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190507-130025_Instagram.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	38.6 KB
ID:	32936
Ab01ns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 12:49 PM   #11
Skoolie

Year: 2003
Coachwork: Thomas
Engine: Cummins 5.9 + Allison 3060
Rated Cap: Full size
I've sent an email. Very interested in this. Can you post a photo of the engine and underside so I can see the rust level?
OlgaAK is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
busconversionforsale, schoolieforsale, vancouver