Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-17-2019, 08:34 AM   #61
Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HazMatt View Post
The post facto ellipses are typically indicative of a certain lack of veracity
—-//
Aweee you studied law too!!

Dèsirée is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2019, 12:56 PM   #62
Bus Crazy

Year: 1989
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Saf-T-Liner ER
Engine: 3208 CAT/MT643 tranny
Rated Cap: 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dèsirée View Post
——//
Happy Father’s Day to you and anyone who is a daddy, or a dad and is following the Big Mac saga on this forum.

I would love nothing more than to adopt your 30’ Big Mac. However, I don’t know if I should pay much attention to my stupidity when it comes to buses, engines, transmissions, fuel tanks, cables, wires, pumps, and a thousand other parts.

Or, if I should instead, just pay attention to my ignorance surpassing my stupidity.

As I think of Big Mac being stationary for two years, and gone through so many stormy nights and heat drenching days, I can’t help but to think of the amount of rust and algae in the fuel tank and fuel lines.

I also, can’t help but to think of the fuel pump injector locking up after sitting for such a long time... and yes, all the other injectors, and pigtails too! (“Pugtails???” Yeah, that’s exactly what I said, kid you not!)

And so, as my ignorance keeps surpassing my tailored idiocy, I can’t help but to think of all the cracked rubber seals, valves, camshafts, cylinders, diesel oil cooler, batteries, head gaskets, and of course tires too.

And those are just some of the things I personally, can think about. Can you imagine, the things, I don’t even know exist.. pooofff, mind blowing!!

To make Big Mac roadworthy, it’s going to take a lot of money or a person who knows what she or he is doing and will not have to pay retail for the work.

Even if some of those parts may be very inexpensive, like a head gasket, labor could range between, $1,000 to $2,000... and that’s a big ooouuch!

So between all the mechanics, and the logistics involved -getting to Texas, then to South Dakota and then to North Carolina for the interior rehab- my mind is telling me to see all the “complicated roadblocks,” the “unpaved and crater filled highways” and the many “hiccup contractions” that my vocal chords may not be able to handle.

So, no matter how much I may want to go forward with Big Mac, I know, I’m not the right owner for him. After all, he’s half my age, and at this point in my life, perhaps I should go for a much... much younger lad!

Thank you for all your help, and all the time you spent giving me a crash course in Mechanics: Big Mac 101...!!!

Again, my best wishes go to you for a wonderful and happy Father’s Day!

Dèsirée
Not a problem Des, Mac now has a happy home in the Houston area. Keys and paperwork are now being sorted out and I'm glad to announce DieHard is now the proud new owner of Big Mac!

Congrats DieHard!!!! Big Mac will serve you well! Thanks to everyone in this endeavor. I'm looking forward to seeing how DieHard finishes, or modifies the build!

Thanks to everyone in this community for the love and support in all you guys (and gals) do!

M
Old 06-22-2019, 04:42 PM   #63
Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by M1031A1 View Post
Not a problem Des, Mac now has a happy home in the Houston area. Keys and paperwork are now being sorted out and I'm glad to announce DieHard is now the proud new owner of Big Mac!

Congrats DieHard!!!! Big Mac will serve you well! Thanks to everyone in this endeavor. I'm looking forward to seeing how DieHard finishes, or modifies the build!

Thanks to everyone in this community for the love and support in all you guys (and gals) do!

M
——////
Congratulations DIEHARD, just by your handle alone, I can see you’ll be a good match for Big Mac!

Big Mac & Die Hard a match made in a Texas heaven!
Old 06-25-2019, 01:12 PM   #64
Skoolie

Quote:

M
—-//
By the way, forgot to mention, since meeting Big Mac, all I think about is eating a Big Mac with fries and a strawberry shake. But, I haven’t yet, because one Big Mac is never enough.

Now, every time I pass a McDonald’s, all that comes to mind, is your Big Mac and my DieHard cravings for a few indulgences!
Old 06-25-2019, 04:17 PM   #65
Bus Geek

Year: 1999
Chassis: Freighliner FS65
Engine: Cat 3126
Rated Cap: 15
Quote:
—-//
By the way, forgot to mention, since meeting Big Mac, all I think about is eating a Big Mac with fries and a strawberry shake. But, I haven’t yet, because one Big Mac is never enough.

Now, every time I pass a McDonald’s, all that comes to mind, is your Big Mac and my DieHard cravings for a few indulgences!
Gah! Its folks like you who ruin McDonald's milkshakes!
After you get that strawberry one the rest of the flavors are tainted till the machine is cleaned!
EastCoastCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 05:05 PM   #66
Bus Crazy

Year: 1996
Coachwork: Amtran
Chassis: International
Engine: DT466
Rated Cap: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastCoastCB View Post
After you get that strawberry one the rest of the flavors are tainted till the machine is cleaned!
No, not tainted....enhanced.
Old 06-25-2019, 07:05 PM   #67
Bus Crazy

Year: 1998
Chassis: IH 3800, 8 window
Engine: T444E w/ Spicer 5-speed MT
Rated Cap: I prefer broad-brims hats
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew Bru View Post
No, not tainted....enhanced.
Is, "enhanced," what 'taint is supposed to taste like..?
Sounds suspicious to me.
Old 06-25-2019, 08:41 PM   #68
Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastCoastCB View Post
Gah! Its folks like you who ruin McDonald's milkshakes!

—//
Really? I thought there were 3 dispensers.. Vanilla.. chocolate.. strawberry.. and I shouldn’t even be talking about this... am starving!!!
Old 06-25-2019, 08:54 PM   #69
Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HazMatt View Post
Is, "enhanced," what 'taint is supposed to taste like..?
Sounds suspicious to me.
—//
Hey HazMatt... you’re ALIVE! Was a little worried about you. Sent you a couple of messages, but no reply. Glad to know you are A-OK[emoji106]!!
Old 06-25-2019, 10:45 PM   #70
Bus Crazy

DieHard says he's going to have a bunch of photos to share about getting Mac from storage. I can't wait to see Mac on the road again!

M
Old 06-26-2019, 07:16 PM   #71
Skoolie

[QUOTE=M1031A1;334606]DieHard says he's going to have a bunch of photos to share about getting Mac from storage. I can't wait to see Mac on the road again!

M [/QUOTE
—-//
Even just by using his name rather than his real name, still makes crave a Big Mac, large fries and that strawberry shake!

But thanks for trying.

(((I guess you thought I wouldn’t really notice, right?)))
Old 06-26-2019, 09:59 PM   #72
Bus Crazy

[QUOTE=Dèsirée;334834]
Quote:
DieHard says he's going to have a bunch of photos to share about getting Mac from storage. I can't wait to see Mac on the road again!

M [/QUOTE
—-//
Even just by using his name rather than his real name, still makes crave a Big Mac, large fries and that strawberry shake!

But thanks for trying.

(((I guess you thought I wouldn’t really notice, right?)))
Old 06-26-2019, 10:00 PM   #73
Bus Crazy

Sometimes I just can't help myself....... LOL

M :facepa lm:
Old 06-26-2019, 10:16 PM   #74
Skoolie

[QUOTE=M1031A1;334877]
Quote:

—-////
Ohhhh you got me.. and got me good!!! Sooo totally unexpected because it popped up after I read what you wrote!

So from here at Tapatalk, perfect Delivery... hahaha!!
(( get it... perfect delivery... heeheehee)))
Old 06-26-2019, 10:17 PM   #75
Skoolie

[QUOTE=M1031A1;334877]
Quote:

—//
Do they really look like that? The ones I get are like miniature compare to that Big, Big Mac!!
Old 06-27-2019, 07:31 PM   #76
Bus Crazy

That's the usual size from all the McD's I've ever visited.... Of course I usually avoid fast food, too greasy and there are reasons why truckers call the "Golden Arches" the "Choke & Puke"...... The fast food of the good ol' days is far superior to what we have now.... I miss those days....

M
Old 06-27-2019, 08:43 PM   #77
Skoolie

Quote:
That's the usual size from all the McD's I've ever visited.... Of course I usually avoid fast food, too greasy and there are reasons why truckers call the "Golden Arches" the "Choke & Puke"...... The fast food of the good ol' days is far superior to what we have now.... I miss those days....

M
—-/
I never eat fast food. Had A Big Mac back in January and that’s it. However, I just had the Dutch dessert and for me was addicting.

But then along came Big Mac, and it’s a non stop craving!

Maybe tomorrow.

Yeah.
Old 06-27-2019, 08:58 PM   #78
Bus Geek

Year: 1991
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: DTA360 / MT643
Rated Cap: 7 Row Handicap
if it werent for fast food I probably wouldbt be here... many times I forget to eat all day.. then im starving after 2 days of that so I just go to mickey D's and get fries and sausage mcmuffins... but their expresso is terrible so I have to sneak my mickeyD's bag into my favorite starbucks
cadillackid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2019, 11:38 PM   #79
Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadillackid View Post
if it werent for fast food I probably wouldbt be here... many times I forget to eat all day.. then im starving after 2 days of that so I just go to mickey D's and get fries and sausage mcmuffins... but their expresso is terrible so I have to sneak my mickeyD's bag into my favorite starbucks
—//
Ha ha ha ... that’s too funny!!!