Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 09-06-2017, 12:22 AM   #1
Bus Crazy
 
M1031A1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Oberlin, Kansas
Posts: 1,398
Year: 1989
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Saf-T-Liner ER
Engine: 3208 CAT/MT643 tranny
Rated Cap: 87
Big Mac up for sale

Hey everyone!

Just to let you know, my first build, Big Mac is now up for sale. It's in the short buses category, you can read the thread there. Probably well buried by now. She needs two batteries and new tires. She has working A/C and working shore power A/C. Everything is included, frig., microwave, stove, shower, bed, sink, you name it, it's probably there and included. She's diesel powered with a 545 tranny and hydro brakes (not air). I have well over $5K in her, but will take $1K. She already has a storage spot if you want to keep her there. Rent is about $65/month.

PM me if you're interested. We're going full-time in Heavy Fuel, and need the cash to help recover from Hurricane Harvey.

Thanks all!

M
__________________
Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the American people’s liberty teeth and keystone under independence. — George Washington
M1031A1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 10:46 AM   #2
Bus Crazy
 
M1031A1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Oberlin, Kansas
Posts: 1,398
Year: 1989
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Saf-T-Liner ER
Engine: 3208 CAT/MT643 tranny
Rated Cap: 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by M1031A1 View Post
Hey everyone!

Just to let you know, my first build, Big Mac is now up for sale. It's in the short buses category, you can read the thread there. Probably well buried by now. She needs two batteries and new tires. She has working A/C and working shore power A/C. Everything is included, frig., microwave, stove, shower, bed, sink, you name it, it's probably there and included. She's diesel powered with a 545 tranny and hydro brakes (not air). I have well over $5K in her, but will take $1K. She already has a storage spot if you want to keep her there. Rent is about $65/month.

PM me if you're interested. We're going full-time in Heavy Fuel, and need the cash to help recover from Hurricane Harvey.

Thanks all!

M
UPDATE:

Wife and I have decided to GIVE AWAY Big Mac this summer! We're planning a road trip to Houston to finish up some loose ends, and Big Mac is one of them. Mac is in a storage yard in Patterson, Texas. Rent is $100/month if you want to keep Mac there and continue the build. PM me if you're interested. I have the clean title ready to sign over.

M
__________________
Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the American people’s liberty teeth and keystone under independence. — George Washington
M1031A1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 11:09 AM   #3
Bus Crazy
 
HazMatt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: E Central Tejas
Posts: 1,997
Year: 1998
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: IH 3800, 8 window
Engine: T444E w/ Spicer 5-speed MT
Rated Cap: I prefer broad-brims hats
And the POS, half-fast conversions are asking $60K+ on FarceBook & FleaBay...
__________________
Those who say that it cannot be done should not interrupt the people doing it.
HazMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 11:39 AM   #4
Skoolie
 
Dèsirée's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 171
Hello there, my name is Dèsirée and Hazz.matt160 just sent me your contact info. Where can I see Big Mac? Do you have pics online?
Dèsirée is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 11:52 AM   #5
Bus Crazy
 
M1031A1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Oberlin, Kansas
Posts: 1,398
Year: 1989
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Saf-T-Liner ER
Engine: 3208 CAT/MT643 tranny
Rated Cap: 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dèsirée View Post
Hello there, my name is Dèsirée and Hazz.matt160 just sent me your contact info. Where can I see Big Mac? Do you have pics online?
Hey Desiree;

Sorry about not keying in the accents on your name with my sausages-for-fingers....

Big Mac has it's own thread on site with pics of what I have done so far. Mac is located in Paterson, Texas at a storage lot there. My wife and I are planning a road trip to the Houston area this summer. I can PM you my contact info (I did give it to Matt earlier) if you would like more info on Mac. My wife and I have a few things we need to get from Mac, but nothing relating to the build, just a few camping gear items we accidentally forgot when we moved to Kansas.

I'll post the link to the build in my next post on this thread.

M
__________________
Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the American people’s liberty teeth and keystone under independence. — George Washington
M1031A1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 11:56 AM   #6
Skoolie
 
Dèsirée's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 171
Quote:
Originally Posted by M1031A1 View Post
Hey Desiree;

Sorry about not keying in the accents on your name with my sausages-for-fingers....

Big Mac has it's own thread on site with pics of what I have done so far. Mac is located in Paterson, Texas at a storage lot there. My wife and I are planning a road trip to the Houston area this summer. I can PM you my contact info (I did give it to Matt earlier) if you would like more info on Mac. My wife and I have a few things we need to get from Mac, but nothing relating to the build, just a few camping gear items we accidentally forgot when we moved to Kansas.

I'll post the link to the build in my next post on this thread.

M


Hiya! Ok will check it out!
Dèsirée is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 11:59 AM   #7
Bus Crazy
 
M1031A1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Oberlin, Kansas
Posts: 1,398
Year: 1989
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Saf-T-Liner ER
Engine: 3208 CAT/MT643 tranny
Rated Cap: 87
Ok, here's the link. Starting on page ten where the links are not broken AND the most recent work happened (she's been cleaned up quite a bit since then as well).

http://www.skoolie.net/forums/f27/bi...a-5369-10.html

Page 11 has good pics too.

M
__________________
Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the American people’s liberty teeth and keystone under independence. — George Washington
M1031A1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 01:26 PM   #8
Bus Geek
 
EastCoastCB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Eustis FLORIDA
Posts: 19,088
Year: 1999
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Freighliner FS65
Engine: Cat 3126
Rated Cap: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dèsirée View Post
Hiya! Ok will check it out!

LOL IDK, Dez- its pretty macho looking and has no conversion blue ceilings!
__________________
.
Roll Your Own Build Thread
EastCoastCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 01:29 PM   #9
Bus Crazy
 
M1031A1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Oberlin, Kansas
Posts: 1,398
Year: 1989
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Saf-T-Liner ER
Engine: 3208 CAT/MT643 tranny
Rated Cap: 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastCoastCB View Post
LOL IDK, Dez- its pretty macho looking and has no conversion blue ceilings!
Des is cool! We just finished talking on the phone. She'll fit in perfectly in our "tiny" community.....
__________________
Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the American people’s liberty teeth and keystone under independence. — George Washington
M1031A1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 01:31 PM   #10
Skoolie
 
Dèsirée's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 171
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastCoastCB View Post
LOL IDK, Dez- its pretty macho looking and has no conversion blue ceilings!


Hey, hey, hey.... he contacted me a couple of hours ago... and just got off the phone with the owner! Need to check it out!!

Yeap.. it seems a lot of people just saw it!!

My phone is peeping from all sites!

Thanks for thinking of me!!!
Dèsirée is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 01:51 PM   #11
Skoolie
 
Dèsirée's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 171
Quote:
Originally Posted by M1031A1 View Post
Ok, here's the link. Starting on page ten where the links are not broken AND the most recent work happened (she's been cleaned up quite a bit since then as well).

http://www.skoolie.net/forums/f27/bi...a-5369-10.html

Page 11 has good pics too.

M

—-//

I can not locate the pics. The thread brings me to the random albums. Although I keep refreshing I can only get to a new set of pictures.

I will go on the site instead of using Tapatalk-
Dèsirée is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 01:58 PM   #12
Bus Geek
 
EastCoastCB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Eustis FLORIDA
Posts: 19,088
Year: 1999
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Freighliner FS65
Engine: Cat 3126
Rated Cap: 15



If roof raise and loft are your plan you may want one already empty.
__________________
.
Roll Your Own Build Thread
EastCoastCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 01:58 PM   #13
Skoolie
 
Dèsirée's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 171
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastCoastCB View Post
LOL IDK, Dez- its pretty macho looking and has no conversion blue ceilings!
—-//
From my end, can’t find BIg Mac. I’m on the site right now, but don’t see any pictures.... any where...

Hello Big Mac... where are you hiding??
Dèsirée is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 02:00 PM   #14
Bus Crazy
 
M1031A1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Oberlin, Kansas
Posts: 1,398
Year: 1989
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Saf-T-Liner ER
Engine: 3208 CAT/MT643 tranny
Rated Cap: 87
Des;

I'll assist. I'll post the pics here after I copy/paste..... See if this works....

M
Attached Images
File Type: jpg img_51971_3062b483908e18900fde2f8cc563ee0e.jpg (62.0 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg img_51971_54853097fed3a16fe9f7e3ccbcf8c229.jpg (64.1 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg img_86737_1f6c5407bd59caa42a126096b1322999.jpg (88.4 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg img_86737_1faf80822ab5277e5c176fd5c173e27f.jpg (72.5 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg img_86737_2fe1b816771c1c794ee0cb2d05e8bde2.jpg (89.0 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg img_86737_3ee0320d2445abdb727181fe3d5ef16d.jpg (98.2 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg img_86737_5eeaf29e12af21b4c6c02ce321c95112.jpg (96.4 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg img_86737_e19b8d430a37c8eb2df6db30f7ceef19.jpg (86.4 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg img_86737_9b4bc4e04b2f8aeed9f9d955395fcbd5.jpg (89.8 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg img_86737_9dfb93df3ef1d0bb84f7ef57e6afaaef.jpg (100.3 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg img_86737_24cb7d5def6f5cf81aaee87ddc906a6e.jpg (88.4 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg img_86737_141b89f2087fb3dedecbc4b3564890aa.jpg (86.4 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg img_86737_c35f6447a344b8d6ff2a326b5899df78.jpg (63.3 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg img_86737_d9bc67e5807d8ad3c50a9bcfb78d0d6c.jpg (63.5 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg img_86737_d77617b79534b33df3c936ecc67ed65f.jpg (62.6 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg img_86737_e8d6d59dae6f9128458455fb8279d9e2.jpg (97.0 KB, 9 views)
__________________
Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the American people’s liberty teeth and keystone under independence. — George Washington
M1031A1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 02:01 PM   #15
Skoolie
 
Dèsirée's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 171
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastCoastCB View Post



If roof raise and loft are your plan you may want one already empty.
—-
Just saw the two interior shots... any other pics?
Dèsirée is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 02:05 PM   #16
Skoolie
 
Dèsirée's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 171
Quote:
Originally Posted by M1031A1 View Post
Des;

I'll assist. I'll post the pics here after I copy/paste..... See if this works....

M
—-///
Ok so I think I just saw the construction pictures, but is this before, during or after construction?

How is the bus at present time?
Dèsirée is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 02:05 PM   #17
Bus Crazy
 
M1031A1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Oberlin, Kansas
Posts: 1,398
Year: 1989
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Saf-T-Liner ER
Engine: 3208 CAT/MT643 tranny
Rated Cap: 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dèsirée View Post
—-
Just saw the two interior shots... any other pics?
I just posted them. Timing is a RIOT today..... LOL....

M
__________________
Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the American people’s liberty teeth and keystone under independence. — George Washington
M1031A1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 02:07 PM   #18
Skoolie
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Central MN
Posts: 153
Year: 1999
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: TC RE
Engine: 8.3L
Those two were from ECCB. M1031A1 just posted 16 interior shots.
__________________
GaryC
Gustav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 02:08 PM   #19
Bus Crazy
 
M1031A1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Oberlin, Kansas
Posts: 1,398
Year: 1989
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Saf-T-Liner ER
Engine: 3208 CAT/MT643 tranny
Rated Cap: 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dèsirée View Post
—-///
Ok so I think I just saw the construction pictures, but is this before, during or after construction?

How is the bus at present time?
This is towards the end of construction. However, the oven/stove is not hooked up, the shower is not hooked up either. There is plenty of space below the floors to install and hook up whatever capacity water/propane set-ups you want. The hard parts are done. Hope this helps.

M
__________________
Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the American people’s liberty teeth and keystone under independence. — George Washington
M1031A1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 02:08 PM   #20
Bus Crazy
 
HazMatt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: E Central Tejas
Posts: 1,997
Year: 1998
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: IH 3800, 8 window
Engine: T444E w/ Spicer 5-speed MT
Rated Cap: I prefer broad-brims hats
I'm seeing 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dèsirée View Post
—-
Just saw the two interior shots... any other pics?
__________________
Those who say that it cannot be done should not interrupt the people doing it.
HazMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:34 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
×