Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-01-2007, 08:37 PM   #1

Bluebird Bus conversion shell (in progress) Trade? - $4500

1982 Bluebird 83 passenger bus conversion in progress. This is a 40' bus, the biggest of any schoolie. It is front engined, with a 8.2L Detroit turbo diesel engine, runs great (It'd been replaced with a factory reman about 55,000 miles before). The transmission is a manual 5 spd with a two speed rear end, giving ten forward gears. Two sixty gallon fuel tanks giving a range of well over 1000 miles (it got about 10 MPG driving it from Utah). Governed to 69 MPH. Tires are in good shape and hold air, and included in the price are six new General Ameristeel 10.00R20 tires with the label still on them!
Has rare underbays; four on left side, and one on right for a spare tire.
Side windows have been removed, replaced with 18 gauge galvanized steel riveted to body. Six RV windows (4 w/ emergency releases) have been installed. A 7th window is installed where the front door used to be. The opening was framed, floored, and also skinned with 18 gauge galvanized steel. New high-end transit bus mirrors are installed. A side door was installed just in front of the right rear wheel well, along with 1/4" diamond plate steps. Also installed is a used 16' foot awning.
Interior has been stripped and floor partially covered with 1/4" blue insulation and 7/16" OSB. I have a set of nice seats and folding bench/bed from a conversion van, with an air seat base installed on one of them (Another suffered a repairable burn in a tragic welding accident). I have LOTS of extra stuff that was never installed, including over 2 dozen doors for overhead cabinets. Miniblinds for all windows, and more. I will include a set of 6 near-new AGM/gelcell batteries with the bus.
I just have too many projects, and this one takes up the most room. I would be interested in doing full or partial trades for a decent fifth wheel or bumper pull RV trailer, black guns, military vehicles (anyone have an M35A2 or M38/A1?)
or most anything that catches my interest. Email for pics.
Jeff
254-228-6503
Temple, TX

Imapapallama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 12:16 AM   #2
Mini-Skoolie

Your Bus for Sale.

Please contact me ASAP about your bus. Could you send me photo's right away at mailto:kingneon@kingneonbooks.com I may be interested, but we have to act quickly as I may buy another this week. My phone number is 928 255 4478 if you want to call when photo's are sent. Hurry. Thanks. Jim in NE AZ.
greyguzziart is offline   Reply With Quote