Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-27-2019, 09:31 AM   #1

Blueburd Microbird for Sale

I am selling my 1991 Blubird Microbird short school bus. It is a Bluebird body on a 1991 Chevrolet 1-ton G30 van chassis. The bus has dual rear wheels and 6 excellent Firestone Transforce HT (Highway Tread) tires. The drivetrain is a throttle body fuel injected, 4-bolt main, small block 350 with a GM Goodwrench 4L60 4 speed overdrive transmission. The rear differential has a gear ratio of 4.1:1, which makes for a great all around combination of hill climbing ability and highway cruising. The odometer reads 121,000 miles. The engine is strong, with good oil pressure and no leaks. It doesn't smoke or make any unusual noises. It always starts on the first try and idles perfectly, whether its hot or cold outside and no matter how long it's been sitting. It has a new cap and rotor, plugs, plug wires and coil. The air and oil filters have been replaced and the oil changed. The transmission has been drained and the filter, fluid and gasket replaced. The fluid was not burnt and the inside of the pan and the magnet were clean. The transmission, which appears to have been replaced at some point, shifts perfectly. The radiator was drained and new coolant was added along with new upper and lower radiator hoses. The bus runs cool here in the Nevada heat. The rear differential was drained, inspected, regasketed and refilled with gear oil. The gears look very good and there are no leaks. The brakes do need to be bled, but one pump and they are fully up. It has the GM hydroboost power brakes and the serpentine belt has been replaced also. The body is in excellent condition, except for some damage to the passenger side front fender. This Chevy van body style was in use for over 20 years, and these vans are plentiful in the junkyards if you want to replace the fender. I've just driven it as is. There is no rust whatsoever on this bus. There are no cracks in the dash and the interior is in good condition. The inside is a blank slate, as I've done nothing with it. It's an excellent candidate for a conversion. Mechanically the bus is sound, roadworthy and ready to travel. I would drive it anywhere. I've had it on the interstates in Nevada and Utah as well as mountain highways with grades up to 7% and she does just fine. She is mechanically sound, roadworthy and reliable. I would drive her anywhere. if you're looking for a short bus to convert, this one is an excellent candidate. I can be reached at (702)235-6662. Feel free to call or text, my name is Doug. I will try to add photos here, but if you contact me i can text or email them as well. Thanks.[IMG][IMG][IMG][/IMG][/IMG][/IMG]

Shortbluebird is offline   Reply With Quote