Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-03-2009, 06:43 PM   #1
Almost There

Coachwork: na
Chassis: na
Engine: na
Send a message via Yahoo to drchefscott
BRAND New RV and coach windows

Hey everybody,

Even though I don't have my bus yet (another 10 days I hope) I am inquiring around to find some stuff I want(I'm a scavenger but who amoung us isn't??). Well I met this guy in Roanoke who said he has quite a few (about 100) RV & motor coach windows that are brand new. He would rather go thru me and be confidential which is fine by me...WIN WIN I see. Anyway I am supposed to see him in the next few days, get some pictures and some measurements. Some are RV windows, some Coach windows, etc. Is anybody looking for RV type windows at a discount. As soon as I have the pictures and info, I will post but wanted to get the idea out there. We will discuss price but he said he is willing to let them go cheap as he needs the room.

Let me know.

Scott

drchefscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 08:35 PM   #2
Skoolie

Year: 1991
Coachwork: BlueBird
Chassis: GMC
Engine: 6.2 liter diesel
Rated Cap: 24
Re: BRAND New RV and coach windows

I haven't gotten that far with my bus, so might be interested in RV windows if the price is right. Hurry with those pics!

-Ray
Old 02-03-2009, 09:06 PM   #3
Almost There

Just spoke to my friend. He said they are all brand new still in the crates. He has worked in the industry for many years. We are going to meet up on Saturday around noon (Eastern time) so I can get some pics and prices. He said they will be nowhere near Retail prices.
Old 02-07-2009, 10:40 AM   #4
Almost There

Im not quite there yet, but I'm always looking for a good deal
Castro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 04:02 PM   #5
Almost There

Ok all. Since this site will only allow 3 pics at a time, I will list these first. All windows are brand new. If you see any WHITE spots on the window, its not peeling, its the paper that separates them in the crates. A lil windex and they will come right off. There are assorted sizes. I only took 2 measurements but am expecting a list on Monday. They are 1 5/8" thick, the outter frame is 1" wide and they average 31" high. Widths vary. For example the slider is 40 1/2" wide. The Solid window is 52 1/4" wide. These are motor coach windows but he has used windows like these on a skoolie he modified before. The ones in this pic have the sliding windows on the bottom with screens. Originally $350. each... Make reasonable offers PLUS shipping. Some trades possibly considered. Remember that unless you will be in Roanoke, Va, they WILL need to be crated and shipped. Take that into consideration. In the next set of pictures, I will show a full glass window, another view of the sliders inside and a picture I snapped of all them in crates... there are a lot!! Remember these are all brand new.. never installed.

Scott
drchefscott@yahoo.com
If you email me, put your from here in the subject line as I don't open from those unknown.
Attached Thumbnails
Window 1.jpg   Window 2.jpg   Window 3.jpg  
Old 02-07-2009, 04:05 PM   #6
Almost There

Ok all. Since this site will only allow 3 pics at a time, I will list these first. All windows are brand new. If you see any WHITE spots on the window, its not peeling, its the paper that separates them in the crates. A lil windex and they will come right off. There are assorted sizes. I only took 2 measurements but am expecting a list on Monday. They are 1 5/8" thick, the outter frame is 1" wide and they average 31" high. Widths vary. For example the slider is 40 1/2" wide. The Solid window is 52 1/4" wide. These are motor coach windows but he has used windows like these on a skoolie he modified before. The ones in this pic have the sliding windows on the bottom with screens. Originally $350. each... Make reasonable offers PLUS shipping. Some trades possibly considered. Remember that unless you will be in Roanoke, Va, they WILL need to be crated and shipped. Take that into consideration. In the next set of pictures, I will show a full glass window, another view of the sliders inside and a picture I snapped of all them in crates... there are a lot!! Remember these are all brand new.. never installed.

Picture #5 is a picture of SOME of them in crates.. there are others crates not in the picture. There are lots of them.

Scott
drchefscott@yahoo.com
If you email me, put your from here in the subject line as I don't open from those unknown.
Attached Thumbnails
Window 4.jpg   Window 5.jpg   Window6.jpg  
Old 02-07-2009, 08:35 PM   #7
Almost There

UPDATE....

I went to the movies tonight and something came to me on the way there. The measurments I gave you were for the exterior of the window which includes the 1" border on all sides. So the 31" hight is actually 29" on the inside and 31" including the exterior frame. The same thing for the length. 2" needs to be subtracted from what was posted above.

Sorry.

Scott
Old 02-07-2009, 08:38 PM   #8
Skoolie

Year: 1991
Coachwork: BlueBird
Chassis: GMC
Engine: 6.2 liter diesel
Rated Cap: 24

I was never good at the whole "make me an offer" game. Ask him what he wants for them! Then ask him if that is the starting price from which I'm supposed to bicker him down from... or if it's the actual price!
In the meantime, I'll go make some measurements!

-Ray
Old 02-24-2009, 06:10 AM   #9
Skoolie

Year: 92
Coachwork: ward flat nose
Chassis: international
Engine: dt466 mt643 air ride
Rated Cap: 84

I'd like to know if any of those window are double pane and how many are in each crate? If so, I may be interested, depending on cost plus shipping. Thanks
kotflb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 05:07 PM   #10

Year: 1972
Coachwork: Superior Coach
Chassis: Chevrolet C50
Engine: 366 Chevy
Rated Cap: 66

I found some great dual pane windows on e-bay for my bus. These came with smoked glass and sliding screens. The vendor is Callen Campers in El Cajon, CA. http://www.CallenCamper.com. Check e-bay for window pics and pricing.

I paid $49 for the 22" x 46". The 22" x 72" were a little more. The height was perfect for the original openings in my '72 Superior Coach. All I had to do was cut out the vertical beam and weld in a new 1" x 2" post.

IIRC, shipping is $25. I picked them up since I was fortunate enought to live about 20 miles from them.

Here is a pic of the Phool Bus with the windows that I purchased from Callen Campers
Attached Thumbnails
PIC_0041.JPG  
Phool Bus is offline   Reply With Quote