Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-05-2009, 04:53 PM   #1

Year: 1985
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Chassis: International
Engine: 9L family International
Rated Cap: 62
Buy My Skoolie!

Hi All,

After the greatest of intentions, my focus has wandered else where and its time to sell my skoolie. Its a 1985 International with the 9L engine. Has a 5 speed manual transmission that shifts very well. The bus is smooth running and starts on diesel on the first crank. It is also set up for WVO, with 3 55 gallon tanks in the back. One is set as the dirty fill tank, hanging up under the rear. The second is a processing tank with 2 80 mesh strainers, a Davco 380 FuelPro Filter and a centrifuge from PA Biodiesel Supply. The third tank is the super clean tank which is tapped up forward and fully plumbed with its own individual 12V pump for the heating loop. Tank one can send to two or recirc to one (strain and filter without the centrifuge), or can be used as extra clean storage and send to tank 3. Tank 2 can also send to either tank 1, 2 or 3. Tank 3 is for clean only and can only send to the engine. Has a very large marine shell and tube heat exchanger for heating the oil, the Davco has a preheater and there is a copper coil around the exhaust for further use of waste heat.

As for the bus: All seats are removed, rubber flooring removed, all galvanized metal was rust-treated then a new subfloor with linoleum flooring was laid down. There are 4 bunks in the back, which back up to the rear firewall (required when in CT if veg is onboard). There is a counter with a nice sink, which currently is not plumbed, but would be easy. A small mini fridge is under the sink/counter. There is a small settee with a table, 2 onboard power inverters (400w continuous and 750w continuous), a port a john (brand new, never used, $100 at West Marine). Also a co-pilots seat was mounted. This would be the perfect bus for someone wanting a veg-oil conversion at a reasonable price. Bus has 126,XXX miles on it. Formerly a PA Department of Corretions Bus, so it was fleet maintained, in great shape save a little rust. Color is black with a silver (maybe galvanized) roof. Really really cool looking. BRAND NEW REAR TIRES! Fronts are good, comes with a spare too. Also, has an airhorn for playing songs. Pictures available upon request.

hmacris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 04:56 PM   #2

Year: 1985
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Chassis: International
Engine: 9L family International
Rated Cap: 62
Re: Buy My Skoolie!

Also: Both Power inverters are brand new! Also, a brand new Sony Xplod deck with ipod hook up, auxillary input, and Sub Out, brand new Sony 5.5" speakers up forward, with lines run for future speakers in the back. Ready to Roll!
hmacris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 05:13 PM   #3
Almost There

PM Sent
Castro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 08:25 PM   #4
Bus Nut

Year: 1989
Coachwork: Thomas Transit Liner
Chassis: Freightliner
Engine: CAT 3208 Turbo

Sounds nice, what are you asking for it? Could you post some pictures so I may show a friend of mine? Thanks!
ezbme is offline   Reply With Quote