Old 03-03-2016, 01:42 PM   #11
Bus Nut

Year: 1993
Chassis: Thomas
Engine: International Navistar DT360
Rated Cap: 60
The sand and salt from the beach and the winter road salt from the mtns are big rust contributors. Alamance was right in the middle and we have ZERO rust because if it threatens to snow they call off school. Youll notice on the surplus website any buses with problems are $500 cheaper. If they had refunded the $500 that was supposed to be taken off of ours i would have been fine with it. We mamaged to rebuild the engine ourselves for $350. Also if it has been sorting fir more tham six months they take off $500. Sorry for spelling this ipod sucks.
Old 03-03-2016, 03:56 PM   #12
Bus Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by onenationundergoat View Post
The sand and salt from the beach and the winter road salt from the mtns are big rust contributors. Alamance was right in the middle and we have ZERO rust because if it threatens to snow they call off school. Youll notice on the surplus website any buses with problems are $500 cheaper. If they had refunded the $500 that was supposed to be taken off of ours i would have been fine with it. We mamaged to rebuild the engine ourselves for $350. Also if it has been sorting fir more tham six months they take off $500. Sorry for spelling this ipod sucks.
Cool, thanks for the insight on the pricing. How did you manage to keep the rebuild cost so low? I assume you only changed gaskets and other parts, not a complete overhaul with pistons and everything.
dgorila1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 05:21 PM   #13
Bus Geek

Year: 1992
Coachwork: Ward/AmTran
Chassis: International
Engine: dt466
Rated Cap: 78
Quote:
Sure... blame the ipod.
Or have you been into Dan's wine?
EastCoastCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 11:10 PM   #14
Bus Nut

Year: 1993
Chassis: Thomas
Engine: International Navistar DT360
Rated Cap: 60
Ha. He ran out of wine at the last place we stayed with the crazy lady.

We replaced the gaskets, three of the cylinder sleeves, the cylinder sleeve O-rings, injector nozzle rubber, main bearings, connecting rod bearings, and piston oil control rings. The good deal was due to the fact that I found a wholesale distributor to buy parts from. The same parts would be over $1500 on ag kits.
Old 03-05-2016, 08:25 AM   #15
Bus Nut

Quote:
Ha. He ran out of wine at the last place we stayed with the crazy lady.

We replaced the gaskets, three of the cylinder sleeves, the cylinder sleeve O-rings, injector nozzle rubber, main bearings, connecting rod bearings, and piston oil control rings. The good deal was due to the fact that I found a wholesale distributor to buy parts from. The same parts would be over $1500 on ag kits.
Awesome deal on the parts pricing. Does the distributor sell the anyone wholesale? If so can you provide their contact info. Thanks.
dgorila1 is offline   Reply With Quote