Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-07-2009, 08:03 AM   #1
Bus Nut

Year: 94
Coachwork: b/b
Chassis: tc2000
Engine: 5.9
Rated Cap: 72
camp ground black list

come on skoolie's send me the name's of camp ground that don't let skoolies in ,,,ill make tha book for us........got 7 so far........the renegade

come skoolie lets be heard..................

keith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 03:01 PM   #2
Bus Nut

Year: 94
Coachwork: b/b
Chassis: tc2000
Engine: 5.9
Rated Cap: 72
Re: camp ground black list

i got 7 myself here on the east cost........so i say to all get off your butts and lets rally.. .... i want to see how many will go to the rv rally next july in KY,,,i know ill be there ........and if i can iam going to park right in beteewn two of them $175000 jobs and stick my nose up high .................................................. ............the renegade

iam on the war path..........
keith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 10:47 PM   #3
Bus Nut

I still say that every Skoolie owner should call these places up over the course of a week and ask if they take Skoolies. By the end of the week, they should get the idea.
Sojakai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 06:46 PM   #4
Bus Crazy

It would be nice to have such a book or website as a reference - but as for crashing them or committing "aggravated harassment" with a phone, it's not my style. I wouldn't want to stay in a place that secretly or openly didn't want me there, anyway. It reminds me that Groucho Marx is reported to have said that he wouldn't want to join any private club that would be willing to accept him as a member.

Besides skoolies, you have the stick-n-staple drivers who get turned away because their ride is over 10 years old. Then you have the "Class A only" places. I saw a place on the net near San Francisco which is basically a Wal-Mart parking lot with plugs in the pavement and no store. For $50 per night and 100 rules, you can stay, but you aren't allowed to extend your awning all the way so it touches your neighbor's rig. If you don't have a Class A, you have to move on in a couple of days, but if you have a Class A they will allow you to stay and be fleeced for several weeks at a time. WTF? Over.

I like state campgrounds. They have reasonable prices, everybody gets in, and everybody who behaves stays. There are real people there. I'm sure it's the same deal with federal lands. Comparing real people to stuffed shirts, I think of all the new TV commercials: "Your Miller High Life privileges have just been revoked!"
Someone said "Making good decisions comes from experience, experience comes from bad decisions." I say there are three kinds of people: those who learn from their mistakes, those who learn from the mistakes of others, and those who never learn.
Redbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 12:34 AM   #5
Bus Nut

While I agree that Green Lists (and School Bus Yellow) should have discussion more than black, but I would rather have my voice heard by those companies that want to turn me away. Its the same with any Market or Store where they don't carry a product, or in the less likely but common event, want them to stop carrying a product or disagree to the price. The only way these places know that they are in the wrong, is when someone complains and takes their money elsewhere.

We could also make a Petition like notice to be shown to places that turn-away apon arrival that we are a relatively large and growing group and we like to communicate with fellow RVers, Campers, and relative Publications and Forums.

Karma is fun... "What goes around comes around. And sometimes you get what's coming around." ... "And sometimes you are what's coming around." Taken from the book Grave Peril by Jim Butcher. I agree with this statement, cause karma isn't always dealt out by the gods, God, or the universe. But that doesn't mean that it cant be guided by them through us. ^.^
Old 09-16-2009, 07:27 AM   #6
Bus Nut

I kinda like the idea of calling them up to ask if they can refer you to a place that does accept Skoolies...
Old 10-04-2009, 06:54 AM   #7
Bus Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben2go
I say sue the snobby bastards that turn away skoolies!It's total discrimination.The only difference between a $500,000 class A $5000 bus, is shape and home brew paint jobs.
there are only a few things they legally cannot discriminate against. ie race, gender, religion (sort of), etc. Being a skoolie owner is a serious affliction, however it is not illegal to discriminate against us. private property owners have the right to allow/restrict any vehicles from their properties. The few times i've stayed at a campground, i have had no problems.
Old 10-04-2009, 05:50 PM   #8
Ob1
Skoolie

Year: 1963
Coachwork: Grumman
Chassis: Chevrolet
Engine: Chevy 292 I-6

Couldnt they let us sit in the back of the park...?

We could schedule a march on Elkhart...

I have a dream...
Ob1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 06:50 PM   #9
Bus Nut

You mean to tell me that Skoolies arnt just another Race of Bus?
Old 10-07-2009, 08:45 PM   #10
Almost There

Year: 85
Coachwork: Ward
Chassis: G.M.C. 6000 series
Engine: 366 G.M.
Rated Cap: 60

Any place that want take in skoolies should have well fouled their women run off and their livestock raped . That will learn-um a thing are two. Russell
Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 01:22 PM   #11
Bus Crazy

Year: 1993
Coachwork: Ward Genesis
Chassis: International
Engine: DT466/MT643
Rated Cap: 77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redbear
It would be nice to have such a book or website as a reference - but as for crashing them or committing "aggravated harassment" with a phone, it's not my style. I wouldn't want to stay in a place that secretly or openly didn't want me there, anyway. It reminds me that Groucho Marx is reported to have said that he wouldn't want to join any private club that would be willing to accept him as a member.

Besides skoolies, you have the stick-n-staple drivers who get turned away because their ride is over 10 years old. Then you have the "Class A only" places. I saw a place on the net near San Francisco which is basically a Wal-Mart parking lot with plugs in the pavement and no store. For $50 per night and 100 rules, you can stay, but you aren't allowed to extend your awning all the way so it touches your neighbor's rig. If you don't have a Class A, you have to move on in a couple of days, but if you have a Class A they will allow you to stay and be fleeced for several weeks at a time. WTF? Over.

I like state campgrounds. They have reasonable prices, everybody gets in, and everybody who behaves stays. There are real people there. I'm sure it's the same deal with federal lands. Comparing real people to stuffed shirts, I think of all the new TV commercials: "Your Miller High Life privileges have just been revoked!"
Well said! I have a feeling those "picky" places will end-up regretting their snobbishness (is that a word?). Let them all fold-up and go broke.....then when they're forclosed, we can camp there for free

Karma's a bitch
Smitty
Actually, when they get foreclosed, they'll be dug up & turned into condos.
Jarlaxle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 05:31 PM   #12
Almost There

Year: 85
Coachwork: Ward
Chassis: G.M.C. 6000 series
Engine: 366 G.M.
Rated Cap: 60

I gotta place about a mile from my house, it's called Clear Water R.V. Park I guess your gonna have to put it on the Black List. Iv'e been try'n to win these guys over to let skoolies in but they wish to remain on the dark side. Thats cool, I got two full hook ups at my place, and skoolies is all I will let in. Thats Clear Water R.V. Park in Carriere Miss.Ph#601 749 8142 a guy by the name of Tal Oliver owns the place. The place is located about 10 miles N. of Picayune Miss
Russell is offline   Reply With Quote