Year: 1993
Coachwork: Ward Genesis
Chassis: International
Engine: DT466/MT643
Rated Cap: 77
Re: camp ground black list

Originally Posted by Smitty
Originally Posted by Redbear
It would be nice to have such a book or website as a reference - but as for crashing them or committing "aggravated harassment" with a phone, it's not my style. I wouldn't want to stay in a place that secretly or openly didn't want me there, anyway. It reminds me that Groucho Marx is reported to have said that he wouldn't want to join any private club that would be willing to accept him as a member.

Besides skoolies, you have the stick-n-staple drivers who get turned away because their ride is over 10 years old. Then you have the "Class A only" places. I saw a place on the net near San Francisco which is basically a Wal-Mart parking lot with plugs in the pavement and no store. For $50 per night and 100 rules, you can stay, but you aren't allowed to extend your awning all the way so it touches your neighbor's rig. If you don't have a Class A, you have to move on in a couple of days, but if you have a Class A they will allow you to stay and be fleeced for several weeks at a time. WTF? Over.

I like state campgrounds. They have reasonable prices, everybody gets in, and everybody who behaves stays. There are real people there. I'm sure it's the same deal with federal lands. Comparing real people to stuffed shirts, I think of all the new TV commercials: "Your Miller High Life privileges have just been revoked!"
Well said! I have a feeling those "picky" places will end-up regretting their snobbishness (is that a word?). Let them all fold-up and go broke.....then when they're forclosed, we can camp there for free

Karma's a bitch
Actually, when they get foreclosed, they'll be dug up & turned into condos.
Optimism is a mental disorder.
Jarlaxle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 05:31 PM   #12
Almost There
Year: 85
Coachwork: Ward
Chassis: G.M.C. 6000 series
Engine: 366 G.M.
Rated Cap: 60
Re: camp ground black list

I gotta place about a mile from my house, it's called Clear Water R.V. Park I guess your gonna have to put it on the Black List. Iv'e been try'n to win these guys over to let skoolies in but they wish to remain on the dark side. Thats cool, I got two full hook ups at my place, and skoolies is all I will let in. Thats Clear Water R.V. Park in Carriere Miss.Ph#601 749 8142 a guy by the name of Tal Oliver owns the place. The place is located about 10 miles N. of Picayune Miss
Russell is offline   Reply With Quote