Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-24-2016, 07:04 PM   #1
Mini-Skoolie

Smile Canadian folks searching for a bus to purchase

Hi again,
It has been a long ongoing search to find the right bus for us and we are considering several different options. If we cannot locate the right bus that has already been converted we are alternatively planning a unique bus design and build of our own creation using a full size or 3/4 size bus to work with.
To go with this 'plan B' we want to find the following key elements:
1) Diesel
2) Dog nose
3) Automatic Transmission
4) MANUAL front door opening handle (not AIR)
5) Preferably with fresh and grey water tanks already installed but NOT black water tank - we want a composting toilet.

With this sort of raw canvas we would build out our own design.
If anyone has any leads on where we might find such a vehicle please let us know.

US Conversion Bus sellers please note: As much as we would love to purchase several very nice bus conversions we have seen listed for sale south of the border, unfortunately Canadian vehicle importation laws do NOT permit the importation of CONVERSION BUSES. Certain years and makes of NON-CONVERSION Buses CAN be imported. We think these rules are ridiculous but that's the way it is. With this in mind we
would consider importing a non-conversion schoolbus from the US.

Thanks!
Regards, David and Laura

yyzfreeedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 12:00 AM   #2

Hey David and Laura!

My apologies for missing your messages!

Here are the specs of my build:
1) 5 Speed Manual (with highway differential. Rides a comfortable 90-100 km)
2) hydraulic brakes
2) INTERIOR HEIGHT = approx. 6'2"
Interior WIDTH= approx 7'6"
* I will be out this weekend to get exact measurements.
3) Mileage= approx. 80,000km fresh oil change
* again, I'll get back with exact KM
4) Body and frame rust? Frame has normal rust for year, nothing structurally damaging. Lower rust behind rear wheels on side skirts (was planning on trimming about 1 foot off both sides and adding underbelly storage. Take care of the rust and add storage!)

The best part of the bus is its engine and tranny. MINT! Does 450 km on one tank of diesel! (approx $150 CAD to fill)

Second Option:

This bus was initially planned for myself, but I planned on converting buses for skoolies looking for a custom build after I finished this one.

If you don't need a bus ASAP, but say for this spring 2017, I could put together a completely custom build to your specs and budget! I have certified contractors helping with electrical, plumbing, and mechanical and I myself have framed houses.

If you are interested, I know we could find the perfect bus ASAP, set out floorplans, lay out a budget, and I could get this looking incredible before spring rolls around!

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts!

Steven
thevanchronicles is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
3/4 or full size bus, bus wanted, to buy converted, wanted