Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-08-2019, 04:54 PM   #1
Mini-Skoolie

Converted Skoolie For SALE!

Thomas Skoolie for sale! Seattle/Ballard(Crown Hill) : Washington.
ASKING: $20,000.00 or BEST offer
Miles: 109,000 :VERIFIED
Driving Hours (per hourmeter) 19000.00
*Air Break* System
Tire Condition: Excellent
Transmission: Automatic
Engine: Diesel, great condition! "pusher"
Thomas Built buses: 1992 Safe-T Liner
PLEASE SEE MY PROFILE FOR BEFORE AND AFTER PICTURES!!

We have transformed a 40’ Thomas school bus into a tiny home! Complete with a kitchen living room bedroom and bathroom that’s in the works, this bus is cozy and functional! The complete electrical system has had an overhaul, we wired in 10 outlets 9 12v lights on switches, it’s hooked up to shore power right now, we added our own “RV” plug to have a second option for charging the battery bank, there are 4 12v batteries wired in series, its capabilities ble of running completely on solar alone if need be, we have 4 solar panels to come with as well! They are each 320 watt panels. The bathroom is in the works but very close to completion! If you prefer we would be more then happy to finish it out! If at this time you have the option to build it out yourselves if you’re looking for a great project! We’ve got a tankless water heater ready to be plugged into the system for endless amounts of hot water, as much as the tanks will allow �� there are 3 water tanks each 48g one grey water and two fresh as we presume to hook up a compost toilet to avoid black water��we run the bus once a month to keep up on the fluids flowing and the air filling through out properly just good measure when it’s sitting for so long.The bus it self runs great and has low miles, kept in great condition by the Thurston county school district.
Pictures are located in an album on my profile here!! I also have video of the Engine running and more photos if you would like also!
INCLUDED With the BUS!:
-Tank-less water heater
-water pump
3x48 gal water tanks
4x 320 watt solar panels
Inverter and electrical system
Cables to plug in solar panels
200ft pex piping (100red and 100blue)
Stainless steal sink
Classic subway tile to tile bathroom
Propane stove/oven full sized!
Massive undercarriage for storage and h2o tanks
Small wood burning stove with changeable chimney
2 brand new plexiglass skylights
Specs:
109,000 miles
Diesel engine/automatic transmission
Comes with built in undercarriage: mass storage!
19,000 driving hours
Tires in good condition!
Air brake systems
Push engine (diesel in back)

MadisonY25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 05:07 PM   #2
Bus Geek

Year: 2002
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: All American RE (A3RE)
Engine: Cummins ISC (8.3)
Rated Cap: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadisonY25 View Post
Miles: 109,000 :VERIFIED
Driving Hours (per hourmeter) 19000
How was it verified?

19k hours on a bus with 109k miles is a unicorn.

From another site:

Step 1
Determine how many hours have accumulated on your engine.

Step 2
Multiply the amount of hours on your engine by 60.

Use the number you come up with to estimate how many miles are on your engine. For example, 1,235 hours on an engine equates to approximately 74,100 miles.

I don't know if I buy their methodology. That would have the engine run time would be the equivalent to over a million miles.
PNW_Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 05:21 PM   #3
Bus Geek

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Genesis
Chassis: International
Engine: DT466/3060
Rated Cap: 77
What makes you think the hours are all driving miles. Often the idle time is substantial. How would you explain a bus with 109k and only 19k was driving?
How was mileage verified? A large percentage of buses have dash failures early in life and the dashes replaced without correcting the mileage. A bus typically sees 10k miles a year. A 27 year old bus should have around 270k.
o1marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 05:40 PM   #4
Bus Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by o1marc View Post
What makes you think the hours are all driving miles. Often the idle time is substantial. How would you explain a bus with 109k and only 19k was driving?
How was mileage verified? A large percentage of buses have dash failures early in life and the dashes replaced without correcting the mileage. A bus typically sees 10k miles a year. A 27 year old bus should have around 270k.
I think he has already been called on the "driving" hours are actually engine hours.

Edit: sorry, that was in a different thread but I think he has it figured out.

I am still curious as to how the miles were verified.
Old 04-08-2019, 06:01 PM   #5
Bus Geek

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Freighliner FS65
Engine: Cat 3126
Rated Cap: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by o1marc View Post
If I've done my math right at 19000 hours run time and 109k miles its traveled an average of 5.7 miles per hour.
EastCoastCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 06:04 PM   #6
Bus Geek

Being a 1992 there is no computer to check.

Full service records would give some credibility to the milage. Maybe he has them?
Old 04-08-2019, 06:10 PM   #7
Mini-Skoolie

Bus was retired from Thurston County school district in 2017, we bought it from a guy who buys and stores buses for people to like us to transform! the maintenance was up-kept and the bus was pretty much just hanging out covered until we bought it the beginning of 2018. this bus is definitely a gem! and i am very sad to have to be selling but we hit a road block (my boyfriend and i) and now we are moving sooner than planned and just need to sell her. No games no BS just a couple trying to sell their tiny house project.
MadisonY25 is offline   Reply With Quote