Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-04-2017, 11:04 PM   #1
Bus Crazy

Year: 2003
Coachwork: International
Engine: T444E
Rated Cap: 65 pax
Converted Skoolie on CraigsList

In the D.C. area. I know someone was looking last week.

Bus converted into RV - Skoolie

Sandi
www.thismidwifetravels.com

WanderWoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 05:12 AM   #2
Bus Geek

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Freighliner FS65
Engine: Cat 3126
Rated Cap: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderWoman View Post
In the D.C. area. I know someone was looking last week.

Bus converted into RV - Skoolie

Sandi
I'd bet good money on there being a significant amount of nastiness under those ceiling panels. IMO- It looks like a really QUICK "conversion". Sorry if I'm stepping on any toes here, but to me it looks half-assed.
I'd pay more for a bus fresh from the school, rather than something soemones already driven around the continent.
EastCoastCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 07:54 AM   #3
Mini-Skoolie

That is my bus!!!! I only put 10k miles on it. It is a tank with an inline 6 diesel that will last forever and a transmission that is only 2 years old, but whoever I sell it to I don't want that person to have buyers remorse so I understand this isn't what you are looking for.

Thanks for spreading the word Wonderwoman!

It's totally random I saw your post on here if you are wondering. lol
Rezein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 09:01 AM   #4
Bus Nut

Year: 2002
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Chassis: All American
Engine: Cummins 8.3/Allison MD3060
Rated Cap: 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rezein View Post
That is my bus!!!! I only put 10k miles on it. It is a tank with an inline 6 diesel that will last forever and a transmission that is only 2 years old, but whoever I sell it to I don't want that person to have buyers remorse so I understand this isn't what you are looking for.

What model engine and transmission does it have? And what rear end ratio is in it?
Rameses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 09:59 AM   #5
Mini-Skoolie

Engine is DT466E. 4 speed Allison. I can get it up to 70 on flat highway. You do have to down shift going up hills and mountains obviously, but you keep pace with most of the 18 wheelers. Would it be nice to have a 5 speed to power over certain inclines, Yes, of course, but when you drive across country you can't be in a rush. Got to enjoy the journey. Tranny was put in new in 2015. Only 10k miles have been put on it throughout 2016.
Old 02-05-2017, 10:01 AM   #6
Bus Crazy

Quote:

My friend, who lives in your area, sent this to me on FaceBook last night. I knew someone came on last week looking for a completed bus. Is that a 32" shower pan in the bathroom?

Sandi
Old 02-05-2017, 10:02 AM   #7
Bus Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastCoastCB View Post
I'd bet good money on there being a significant amount of nastiness under those ceiling panels. IMO- It looks like a really QUICK "conversion". Sorry if I'm stepping on any toes here, but to me it looks half-assed.
I'd pay more for a bus fresh from the school, rather than something soemones already driven around the continent.
I worry about what's under my ceiling panels, too. I didn't take mine down, mostly because I was moving on the bus just a mere 4 weeks after getting her home.

Looking forward to meeting you on Friday! I'm bringing the Fritos

Sandi
Old 02-05-2017, 10:04 AM   #8
Bus Geek

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Freighliner FS65
Engine: Cat 3126
Rated Cap: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderWoman View Post
I worry about what's under my ceiling panels, too. I didn't take mine down, mostly because I was moving on the bus just a mere 4 weeks after getting her home.

Looking forward to meeting you on Friday! I'm bringing the Fritos

Sandi
Likewise, Sandi!
EastCoastCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 10:22 AM   #9
Mini-Skoolie

It's a 36" X 36" shower pan.

There are access panels into the front and back compartments and the lights have been removed so you can see into the front and back roof compartments from the outside also. There is no mold, if that is what you are worrying about. Just old foam. If that isn't what you are worried about, what are you worried about in the roof panels?
Old 02-05-2017, 01:37 PM   #10
Bus Crazy

Quote:

There are access panels into the front and back compartments and the lights have been removed so you can see into the front and back roof compartments from the outside also. There is no mold, if that is what you are worrying about. Just old foam. If that isn't what you are worried about, what are you worried about in the roof panels?
Thanks for the info on the shower pan... I'm in the hunt for what I need in regard to shower needs, so I'm always curious what others have!!

My concern is what lies under my ceiling panels... I never took mine off, as I needed to get floor and bed in so that I could move in to the bus.

Sandi
Old 02-05-2017, 03:18 PM   #11
Bus Nut

Year: 1987
Engine: 6.9L Diesel
Quote:

There is no mold, if that is what you are worrying about. Just old foam. If that isn't what you are worried about, what are you worried about in the roof panels?
I say this respectfully, but do you know for certain there is no mold? Below is a pic of what much of my old bus insulation looked like when I pulled off my ceiling & wall panels.

Also since you're promoting your bus on here, a few more questions.

1. What (and where)have you done to waterseal your bus and insulate it?

2. Is your water tank inside or outside the bus? If it's outside is it insulated in any way to prevent freezing?

3. What does 110v ac power mean? Does it have an Inverter (what kind)? Does it have separate house batteries?
TAOLIK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 04:49 PM   #12
Bus Nut

Year: 2002
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Chassis: All American
Engine: Cummins 8.3/Allison MD3060
Rated Cap: 84
Quote:
Engine is DT466E. 4 speed Allison. I can get it up to 70 on flat highway. You do have to down shift going up hills and mountains obviously, but you keep pace with most of the 18 wheelers. Would it be nice to have a 5 speed to power over certain inclines, Yes, of course, but when you drive across country you can't be in a rush. Got to enjoy the journey. Tranny was put in new in 2015. Only 10k miles have been put on it throughout 2016.
A 4 speed Allison could be either an AT545, or an MT643, or some variant. Big difference in the two. If you put in the effort to find out which, and list that in your ad along with the engine model, it might help sell it. Or disregard the advice, and thereby also provide valuable insight to any prospective buyers.
Rameses is offline   Reply With Quote