Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 05-24-2019, 07:31 PM   #1
New Member
 
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 5
Crown

I am looking to buy a Crown bus to do a complete conversion...
If you know of any, please send them my way.
Thank you
808ulaula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2019, 07:24 PM   #2
Skoolie
 
Crown_Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: SoCal
Posts: 108
Year: 1989
Coachwork: Crown Coach
Chassis: 40ft 3-axle 10spd O/D, Factory A/C
Engine: 300hp Cummins 855
Rated Cap: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by 808ulaula View Post
I am looking to buy a Crown bus to do a complete conversion...
If you know of any, please send them my way.
Thank you
I know of a 1989 Crown here in L.A. It has a turbo'd 6-71 Detroit Diesel with Allison automatic transmission, two axle, 38ft long. The engine is in process of being repaired and when done will be essentially good for another 400k miles of trouble free driving. This is all part of the price and included. If interested let me know And I'll share further details. The market for Crowns has transitioned somewhat to finding the ones in good condition, but maybe with engine troubles that when fixed restore them to much better run-able condition. It's complicated and directly related to the way commercial operators totally ignored maintenance until forced to get rid of them due to Kalifornia BS laws. As long as the underlying coach is sound they are usually worth repairing and getting back up and running. I've done this to a couple already and the results are very satisfactory. Crowns can be repaired and kept on the road for decades since parts are easily available, unlike most other brands. email for details and contact info, it's not my bus but a good friend. mikemcc2k@yahoo.com
Crown_Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2019, 01:12 AM   #3
Mini-Skoolie
 
tyndrgn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Garland, TX
Posts: 60
Send a message via Yahoo to tyndrgn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crown_Guy View Post
I know of a 1989 Crown here in L.A. It has a turbo'd 6-71 Detroit Diesel with Allison automatic transmission, two axle, 38ft long. The engine is in process of being repaired and when done will be essentially good for another 400k miles of trouble free driving. This is all part of the price and included. If interested let me know And I'll share further details. The market for Crowns has transitioned somewhat to finding the ones in good condition, but maybe with engine troubles that when fixed restore them to much better run-able condition. It's complicated and directly related to the way commercial operators totally ignored maintenance until forced to get rid of them due to Kalifornia BS laws. As long as the underlying coach is sound they are usually worth repairing and getting back up and running. I've done this to a couple already and the results are very satisfactory. Crowns can be repaired and kept on the road for decades since parts are easily available, unlike most other brands. email for details and contact info, it's not my bus but a good friend. mikemcc2k@yahoo.com
I am interested in a crown as well please let me know about any crown bus you know of?
tyndrgn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2019, 01:36 AM   #4
Bus Crazy
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Winlcok, WA
Posts: 2,127
I have a Gillig with a DT466/MT643 for sale.


Good engine, good transmission, recent brakes, decent tires, and many other upgrades and repairs.


The bus will cruise easily 60-65 MPH even while towing a tandem axle trailer full of luggage.



Asking price is $9,500.00 but willing to consider any reasonable offer.


Located in Longview, WA.
cowlitzcoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2019, 02:34 PM   #5
Skoolie
 
Crown_Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: SoCal
Posts: 108
Year: 1989
Coachwork: Crown Coach
Chassis: 40ft 3-axle 10spd O/D, Factory A/C
Engine: 300hp Cummins 855
Rated Cap: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyndrgn View Post
I am interested in a crown as well please let me know about any crown bus you know of?
use my email which I included for a reason, and contact me directly. It's better in all ways and I can give you all the info you need and answer any of your questions.
Crown_Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:55 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.