Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-13-2015, 11:29 AM   #21

69 crown bus parts

hey serpent i think i found some glass!! it is gonna cost me a fortune but im gonna save up for it!! you say you might have other parts? i do need a few other odds an ends..like the headlight trim and bumper gaurds?? what part of the world do you hail from? maybe we could get together sometime!!

arbuckle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 12:26 PM   #22
Bus Nut

Year: 1986
Coachwork: Crown Super Coach
Chassis: Built on a Crown Chassis
Engine: 300HP BIG CAM TURBO 855
Rated Cap: 78
Too funny Serpent. I fear you may be correct as far as a race is concerned with my over laden HP Intercity the higher roof line...............I would get you off the line.............but you would over-take me about the quarter mile mark.............but my additional Horse Power might make it interesting in the Long Haul once we're rolling.........I bury the needle on the HP at about 2100 and still a couple more RPM to go..............I put 2700 miles on the HP returning from Florida much of it on wide open Road: Of course even if ultimately you were more powerful, you might have to come to my Coach for a hot meal and a shower. ;)

But. The thought of you being faster of course leaves me rather restless. To think that I might not have the fastest Crown on the Planet does cause me some sleeplessness. It is with that in mind that I just purchased a 69 Eagle Model 04.......maybe the only one in America. Ah I know what you're thinking: 8V71 with a auto 4 speed and highway gearing "my Crown is still going to be faster." And if that were the case you might be right. But of course that isn't the case: The Eagle has a two stroke Detroit DDEC 6V92TA mated to a Fuller fully air shift 10 speed OD....engine and transmission have a thousand hours on them. And you can check it out here: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...3912450&type=1

I am fond of the GMC other than the fiberglass aspects of the front clip: But really? Comparing it to a Bus? And hauling a 27 foot vehicle behind a 40 ft Crown..............Really? That's how you want to go? 70 Feet? Nah I'll put my 10000 Watt Electric Bike in the closet and be quite content: Or in matter of the Eagle just stash it in one of the bays: Granted rolling into Dodge with a GMC strapped to the back of a Crown will be Eventful. But only practical if you leave the Crown somewhere on the outskirts of town

So Buses Gone Wild it will have to be: Or Bonneville............but the dynamics have changed a bit. I might have to bring my Eagle:
Attached Thumbnails
eagle5.jpg   eagle2.jpg   eagle3.jpg  
Old 06-16-2018, 12:26 AM   #23
Mini-Skoolie

Wtb

Could you give me a buzz if you still have a bus for sale.
Jay

I would like a 4 valve sixer with a manual.
jayster is offline   Reply With Quote