Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-19-2020, 03:55 PM   #1
Bus Nut

Year: 1989
Coachwork: Crown Coach
Chassis: 40ft 3-axle 10spd O/D, Factory A/C
Engine: 300hp Cummins 855
Rated Cap: 91
Crown in CA plus Thomas and Van Hool for sale

These aren't mine but belong to the company I drive for occasionally. I'm only listing them to get the word out and I will hand off to the actual fleet owner if anyone is interested. These are all located about 20 miles east of L.A. and have been California buses forever.

The Crown currently has an engine problem. I runs but seems to be losing a lot of oil which may be rings. It's a 1989 38ft 2-axle with a turbo'd 6-71 and Allison MT-64x automatic transmission. Overall condition is good underneath the obvious dirt and crap gathered by sitting around. It came from another charter company. It isn't pretty and I make no excuses for the looks.

It is in good enough shape and basically worth fixing up for someone not afraid of the task. It's located in the L.A. area and probably best considered by someone also nearby who can come see it and make arrangements to pick it up. It may need to be towed unless it's not going to go very far. If no one is interested I'm afraid it will have to be scrapped out and lost forever. He's asking $3.5k for it and come get it. That's about it's scrap value by the way.

Also for sale from his fleet is a 1994 40ft 2-axle Thomas Safe-T-Liner with a mechanical 3116 Cat engine and auto transmission. It's in real good shape even though it's been sitting for a while. I admit to zero knowledge about these but you can ask all the questions you want when I hand you off to the fleet owner when you show interest by replying to me here and at my email below. Asking $5k for the Thomas.

Also for sale is a real nice 1998 Van Hool T840 40ft 3axle coach currently still in daily revenue service and CHP inspections. It has a Cummins M11 turbocharged inline 6 cylinder engine which was very common in these. Air conditioninng of course, air-ride suspension, all the stuff every coach has and it all works fine. Asking $6k for the Van Hool.

I'm working on getting pictures and will make them available when I have them. I suggest strongly that you contact me at my email if interested because I can attach pics and make replies much easier. This is meant to be a heads up and quick informational post for anyone looking for something similar. I really don't have any interest in these other than to share them and get the word out for my friend who isn't on this forum.

Here's my email. mikemcc2k@yahoo.com

Crown_Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2020, 11:50 AM   #2
Bus Geek

Year: 2002
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: All American RE (A3RE)
Engine: Cummins ISC (8.3)
Rated Cap: 72
Somebody PLEASE save the Crown!!!!
PNW_Steve is offline   Reply With Quote