Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-11-2019, 09:10 AM   #41
Skoolie

Yea, I'll probably throw a bid here soon on the first, but I'll see what happens.

Kinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 09:24 AM   #42
Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastCoastCB View Post
These are the sort of buses I'm talking about. If I didn't know you were wanting one I'd probably throw a $2500 bid at one and sell it on CL this summer.
Good luck with the auction.
Looks like someone may be trolling here and took your advice. Right after I said I'm going to bid... hmmmm
Old 03-11-2019, 09:28 AM   #43
Mini-Skoolie

Too rich for my blood... I’m out
okinawascuba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 09:30 AM   #44
Bus Geek

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Genesis
Chassis: International
Engine: DT466/3060
Rated Cap: 77
All fair prices for those, you hung in there for awhile.
o1marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 09:34 AM   #45
Skoolie

You can doooo eeeeet Tony!!! See how drastically it changes at last second?
Old 03-11-2019, 09:37 AM   #46

Nope: They just jumped over my comfort level. I will watch to see where they land and learn the market. It's never a lost opportunity, just a new lesson that I didn't know I needed to learn.
tonyandselena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 09:37 AM   #47
Skoolie

It looks like we are getting bullied by flippers or companies.
Old 03-11-2019, 09:39 AM   #48
Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyandselena View Post
Nope: They just jumped over my comfort level. I will watch to see where they land and learn the market. It's never a lost opportunity, just a new lesson that I didn't know I needed to learn.
Good choice. Adding whatever rust repairs needed would add more to what they are already at. At least that's what was going through my mind.
Old 03-11-2019, 09:44 AM   #49
Mini-Skoolie

And then there were none.. all 3 ended around 3500 or just above
Old 03-11-2019, 09:46 AM   #50
Mini-Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinson View Post
It looks like we are getting bullied by flippers or companies.
I agree. If I saw these buses in person or I was READY to build NOW I’d go higher but I’m looking for a deal
Old 03-11-2019, 09:49 AM   #51

Being too far away to look at them, I couldn't do battle with a dealer. The same user name is on 32 & 33. I could have won, but then the transportation and "discovery" fees to find rust, mechanical, or any other issues. It was fun to watch and learn. Next time!
tonyandselena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 10:12 AM   #52
Bus Geek

Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Freighliner FS65
Engine: Cat 3126
Rated Cap: 15
Quote:
Looks like someone may be trolling here and took your advice. Right after I said I'm going to bid... hmmmm
Quote:
Originally Posted by okinawascuba View Post
Too rich for my blood... I’m out
Most likely a dealer in FL. Its TOO easy to flip buses down here.
EastCoastCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 10:13 AM   #53
Bus Geek

Chassis: Freighliner FS65
Engine: Cat 3126
Rated Cap: 15
Quote:
Good choice. Adding whatever rust repairs needed would add more to what they are already at. At least that's what was going through my mind.
I wouldn't expect much rust on a GA bus.
EastCoastCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 10:16 AM   #54
Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastCoastCB View Post
I wouldn't expect much rust on a GA bus.
They didn't look too bad from the engine pics, but they are 4-5 hours south of me in northern VA. Southern VA where I lived for a little rarely had snow and they just shut everything down when it happened. I'm not sure about northern VA, but it the proximity to me had me worried.
Old 03-11-2019, 12:26 PM   #55
Bus Geek

Coachwork: Genesis
Chassis: International
Engine: DT466/3060
Rated Cap: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyandselena View Post
Being too far away to look at them, I couldn't do battle with a dealer. The same user name is on 32 & 33. I could have won, but then the transportation and "discovery" fees to find rust, mechanical, or any other issues. It was fun to watch and learn. Next time!
Yup, a flipper or dealer. Hard to beat them when there is auto extend. They will almost always pay more than we will, but never as much as they charge on the lot. I will say all went for fair prices.
Bus #33 had 33 bids, 30 of them in the last 20 minutes.
o1marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 01:24 PM   #56
Traveling

Year: None
Coachwork: None
Chassis: None
Engine: None
Rated Cap: None
Not sure if this applies to the specific engine mentioned here, but Freightliner offered Mercedes-Benz engines in the Columbia and Century class trucks for a short while, and most have found them impossible to get parts for when they break. Do your research.
CHEESE_WAGON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 04:47 PM   #57
Bus Geek

Year: 86
Chassis: Ford B700
Engine: 8.2
Rated Cap: 60 bodies
Quote:
I agree. If I saw these buses in person or I was READY to build NOW I’d go higher but I’m looking for a deal
Hey okinawascuba.
I played marine and lived in OKI on camp Schwab in the early 90's and was the swim/dive instructor for the area. Beautiful waters for diving.
I live in NC but down south near he beaches.
Don't rule out the newer model electronic NC busses from the Charlotte,mecklenburg area's? They are mountain/hilly terrain areas and there busses have to run the interstate at the same time. Some more rural counties have the same power trains as the big cities and just shut down the schools during bad weather and the bus is built the same as the big city bus with out the road salt driving.
It might be speed limited by that district but it's in the computer program.
My NC all mechanical bus was very well maintained but before computers the speed was governed buy powertrain combination.
Kind of like I need new rear end gears to get my 180hp motor and 545 tranny to move my bus more than 49-mph but I bought a flatlands bus from the beginning without knowing any better. Look in the hilly terrain and mountaneous areas around you and you will find what you are looking for.
More at the school district's themselves that sell direct to the public instead of auction.
Go to the local school distric bus barns and just drive right up to the garage where they are working on them. There will be an older mechanic there that is in charge and if any is for sale he will walk and talk to you about anyone of them.
There are quite a few on govdeals right now but I ain't done an auction since I was a kid and that was cattle/horses,and barn/farmhouse stuff where you set out and held a number up with the man/woman speaking a mile a minute.
Good luck
Jolly Roger bus 223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 09:41 PM   #58
Mini-Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolly Roger bus 223 View Post
Hey okinawascuba.
I played marine and lived in OKI on camp Schwab in the early 90's and was the swim/dive instructor for the area. Beautiful waters for diving.
I live in NC but down south near he beaches.
Don't rule out the newer model electronic NC busses from the Charlotte,mecklenburg area's? They are mountain/hilly terrain areas and there busses have to run the interstate at the same time. Some more rural counties have the same power trains as the big cities and just shut down the schools during bad weather and the bus is built the same as the big city bus with out the road salt driving.
It might be speed limited by that district but it's in the computer program.
My NC all mechanical bus was very well maintained but before computers the speed was governed buy powertrain combination.
Kind of like I need new rear end gears to get my 180hp motor and 545 tranny to move my bus more than 49-mph but I bought a flatlands bus from the beginning without knowing any better. Look in the hilly terrain and mountaneous areas around you and you will find what you are looking for.
More at the school district's themselves that sell direct to the public instead of auction.
Go to the local school distric bus barns and just drive right up to the garage where they are working on them. There will be an older mechanic there that is in charge and if any is for sale he will walk and talk to you about anyone of them.
There are quite a few on govdeals right now but I ain't done an auction since I was a kid and that was cattle/horses,and barn/farmhouse stuff where you set out and held a number up with the man/woman speaking a mile a minute.
Good luck
Good tip, thanks for the info! If you get word of any please let me know.
Old 03-15-2019, 05:36 AM   #59
Bus Geek

Year: 2003
Coachwork: International
Chassis: CE 300
Engine: DT466e
Rated Cap: 65C-43A
Quote:

I also saw where others asked about rust and they replied "some rust on the steps. Nothing around the outside of the vehicles. Some rust on the under carriage on both vehicles"
Get detailed pictures of the rusted areas if you can. My seller's listing said "Some rust behind rear wheel wells and license plate area".

Some rust: https://imgur.com/a/yisoA9i
musigenesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2019, 03:55 PM   #60
Skoolie

MBE engine is a big NO for me.

There is a very good reason MBE diesels are no longer offered as standard or optional equipment on Thomas buses.
( after being in the market just few short years here in the states, despite the fact they were free (not an option) Nobody wanted them)
Mekanic is offline   Reply With Quote