Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-13-2015, 08:25 AM   #1

Diamond in the Rough?

I am still searching for a bus to start converting and came across this one. Sucks it is standard.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1954-BECK-SI...73971&pt=Buses

Preacher E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 04:00 PM   #2
Bus Nut

Year: 1986
Coachwork: Crown Super Coach
Chassis: Built on a Crown Chassis
Engine: 300HP BIG CAM TURBO 855
Rated Cap: 78
Guy's been trying to sell that for a very long time............it started at three times what his buy it now is....................I sent him a bunch of questions regard this: To which he never replied. It's a very interesting Coach..............the cool factor is very much there. And as well, It looks to have a "splitter" on the shifter............which would be way cool with a 671N.................
Old 01-14-2015, 07:23 PM   #3
Bus Crazy

It won't continue to run very well if he is putting Delo 400LE 15W40 oil in that DD 2-cycle.
cowlitzcoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 07:57 PM   #4
Bus Nut

Year: 1986
Coachwork: Crown Super Coach
Chassis: Built on a Crown Chassis
Engine: 300HP BIG CAM TURBO 855
Rated Cap: 78
That's a fact.........but he's had this thing for sale for a couple of years........I've forgotten the whole story but it had something to do with his Son..........Really don't think it's been driven much and for sure you want the straight weight 40 or maybe even the 50 depending on what's up. I do know of some people that have put the 15/40 in their two strokes, but they don't do a lot of driving: But they do leak a lot more just sitting as the oil just weeps through the gaskets.....................I don't really need another bus....I've got 4 Crowns right now: but If he had bothered to answer my questions, which admittedly were lengthy and exacting..............and I could from those answers and perhaps a follow up professional inspection...........I might have complicated my life further. But if you can't answer the questions, won't answer the questions, or answering the questions might lead to some other reveal.........then that's where it ends. And I get off the hook easy. Nothing to think about there.

But it is a pretty cool old Coach...............and it looks to have pretty good bones...........Glass do you know where to get it........Airs up no leaks holds air how long? guages and electrics and lights all working? Last time run what's the story where did you get it how long sitting............//????? Nothing.............No Sale.