Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-20-2019, 06:20 PM   #21
Mini-Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by herbali View Post
http://www.skoolie.net/forums/f14/19...-ii-29179.html

Please take a look at our unfinished 1990 Crown Supercoach Series II. I would say probably the best bus you could build a skoolie on and all of the hardwork is done. Please let me know if you are interested, i bought this bus from Al in California and drove it home last year.
It looks really good, it’s quite a bit out of my price range. I hope you find a buyer soon!!

Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 06:26 PM   #22
Mini-Skoolie

Look up my post, theres not any rust anywhere!!
fishbone1@att.net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 12:36 AM   #23

Year: 1998
Coachwork: GMC Blue Bird
Chassis: Savanna G3500
Engine: 6.5 l turbo diesel
Rated Cap: 12000
Unfinished short bus 4sale

I have a 1998 short bus. 20 ft. Bumper to bumper. 6.5 dessel with 162000 miles. All body work and paint finished. New brakes all around and all brake lines replaced. All seats removed. Runs good. Pictures upon request. 630-247-8093
Geno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 12:39 AM   #24
Bus Nut

Year: 2004
Coachwork: IC/AMTRANS RE
Engine: T444E 7.3 w/ MD3060
Rated Cap: 36000lbs / 78pass / 39'
I wouldn't touch a 6.5 gm diesel and would urge anyone to run away from one. Sorry to be mean about it but they aren't worth the hassle and money.
They blow head gaskets easy and are pretty gutless, those and ford's 6.oh are some of the worst and least reliable engines.
If you would like to check out my website that has all sort of information especially for the T444E/7.3PSD engines check out www.PatrickTheSalvageGuy.com I've got helpful downloads and articles as well as a link to my YT for other how to videos mainly on the F series trucks.
PatrickBaptist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 12:47 AM   #25

Year: 1998
Coachwork: GMC Blue Bird
Chassis: Savanna G3500
Engine: 6.5 l turbo diesel
Rated Cap: 12000
My must be a fluke then. Haven’t had any problems with mine. I have a good mechanic and he hasn’t found anything wrong with mine
Geno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 01:57 PM   #26
Bus Nut

Year: 1996
Coachwork: Bluebird, Collins
Chassis: G30 Bluebird Microbird, E350 Shuttle Bus
Engine: 1995 Chevrolet 350, 1992 Ford 460
As much as I like big buses if budget and mechanics is challenging I’d suggest getting a cutaway van on the 1 ton chassis. Most parts are inexpensive and most shops can work on it. You can always tow a cargo trailer for a little more space. Ive drove mine about town for 4 months and the drivability is not bad at all. But it’s only a 4 window bus. A 5 window or 6 window is a great compromise because there’s more room for a bed in back.
Someday I’d like a full size bus again. Ive had 4 full size. But currently on my small budget I’d rather be going places than waiting until I can afford tires or repairs on a full size bus. There’s a lot of variables. I inspired my friend to get into buses and he bought a PD4106 greyhound bus when his farm sold and plenty of money to fix it up the way he wanted it. And he needed the money it took way way more time and money than he anticipated. I did the solar electrical and saved him hundreds. So to each their own. My 2 cents worth.
Doktari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 07:58 PM   #27
Mini-Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geno View Post
I have a 1998 short bus. 20 ft. Bumper to bumper. 6.5 dessel with 162000 miles. All body work and paint finished. New brakes all around and all brake lines replaced. All seats removed. Runs good. Pictures upon request. 630-247-8093
Sorry, no way we could do a short bus.
Old 11-21-2019, 08:06 PM   #28
Mini-Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doktari View Post
As much as I like big buses if budget and mechanics is challenging I’d suggest getting a cutaway van on the 1 ton chassis. Most parts are inexpensive and most shops can work on it. You can always tow a cargo trailer for a little more space. Ive drove mine about town for 4 months and the drivability is not bad at all. But it’s only a 4 window bus. A 5 window or 6 window is a great compromise because there’s more room for a bed in back.
Someday I’d like a full size bus again. Ive had 4 full size. But currently on my small budget I’d rather be going places than waiting until I can afford tires or repairs on a full size bus. There’s a lot of variables. I inspired my friend to get into buses and he bought a PD4106 greyhound bus when his farm sold and plenty of money to fix it up the way he wanted it. And he needed the money it took way way more time and money than he anticipated. I did the solar electrical and saved him hundreds. So to each their own. My 2 cents worth.
Thanks for the input. With two adults, two kids, two cats and a dog, we will need the bigger bus. I want to live tiny and travel, but we also need room for bodies in our home. I also don’t mind learning and doing research, which I am, I’ve learned a ton on this site especially! As for budget, I can’t afford an 11k bus. I’m looking for 6k. I have resources to help build the bus that will help with price of renovating, and there is not real time constraint, other than my patience!! I’m sure we will be able to work it out and find what fits our family
Old 11-22-2019, 01:14 PM   #29
Bus Nut

Year: 1996
Coachwork: Bluebird, Collins
Chassis: G30 Bluebird Microbird, E350 Shuttle Bus
Engine: 1995 Chevrolet 350, 1992 Ford 460
You’re welcome. With good planning and patience like you are doing a full size bus can be wonderful. I’m sure you have weighed advantages of buses vs. RVs which already have the tanks and appliances. Just saying if no one can or wants to do the conversion then depending on a third party to convert it costs a fortune. A top notch conversion I looked at cost $55K. But that included a roof raise, radiant floor heat, new windows, etc. I have a RV to use while I’m converting my bus.
Doktari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2019, 09:15 AM   #30

Unfinished big school bus in Kansas City,

Hi Kitty!
We have your bus... My family and I bought an 11 window 2006 Blue Bird Vision this Summer. We've done most of the dirty prep work, and unfortunately are needing to let go of this dream for the time being due to city codes and life changes. We are wanting to sell this bus and get ourselves a pickup truck to cross the country with as soon as possible.
That's being said, this bus runs great. We already did a long trip with it. It's basically ready for the fun part of the conversion process. We are in Kansas City, MO. Valuing our bus around $5500. Would love to talk more with you. I'll PM you as well.
Cheers,
Rachel
WildRoseMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 09:37 PM   #31

Chassis: Freightliner
Rated Cap: 40
Are you still looking for a skoolie? What is your price range?
Old 11-28-2019, 08:56 AM   #32
Almost There

Year: 2001
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: GM CV 6600 I think lol
Engine: 3126 A Caterpillar AT2400
Rated Cap: 54 ps
I have a 1972 manual transmission, it's an International, with a Scout engine, it's ugly appearance wise and needs a camshaft, however, new brakes and fuel lines, rebuilt carburetor, and other repairs
Can use some new tires, the seats are removed and has electrical system, has a 4ft extension deck and a roof rack it's in New Port Richey, FL the mechanic said that once the camshaft is replaced that'll be a very reliable bus!!! selling it very cheap as I have another partially build skoolie that I intend to complete. I purchased this bus to build as a party bus for income, however, decided to not continue in order to fulfill my dreams of travelling, I basically selling it to pay the mechanic what I owe him, since he currently can't finish the job until he finds a new location as the building owner sold the property where his repair shop is

Asking $1500
Best way to contact me is text
I can send/text you pics of the exterior only currently as I'm currently in NJ
lemmeskoolu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2019, 09:30 AM   #33
Bus Nut

Coachwork: IC/AMTRANS RE
Engine: T444E 7.3 w/ MD3060
Rated Cap: 36000lbs / 78pass / 39'
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemmeskoolu View Post
I have a 1972 manual transmission, it's an International, with a Scout engine, it's ugly appearance wise and needs a camshaft, however, new brakes and fuel lines, rebuilt carburetor, and other repairs
Can use some new tires, the seats are removed and has electrical system, has a 4ft extension deck and a roof rack it's in New Port Richey, FL the mechanic said that once the camshaft is replaced that'll be a very reliable bus!!! selling it very cheap as I have another partially build skoolie that I intend to complete. I purchased this bus to build as a party bus for income, however, decided to not continue in order to fulfill my dreams of travelling, I basically selling it to pay the mechanic what I owe him, since he currently can't finish the job until he finds a new location as the building owner sold the property where his repair shop is

Asking $1500
You do know they said they wanted to stay around the midwest?
With a bus that needs that kind of work $1500 and having to take it so far really wouldn't be worth it at all..... Maybe to someone wanting to collect older buses.... $1500 doesn't seem that cheap even for a local deal though.
If you would like to check out my website that has all sort of information especially for the T444E/7.3PSD engines check out www.PatrickTheSalvageGuy.com I've got helpful downloads and articles as well as a link to my YT for other how to videos mainly on the F series trucks.
PatrickBaptist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 02:07 PM   #34
Mini-Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainGreenBean View Post
Are you still looking for a skoolie? What is your price range?
We are more looking for a bus than a full skoolie, and I think top end would be 5-6k we really can’t afford more than that. And preferably getting the perfect bus for cheaper would be best.
Old 12-02-2019, 02:09 PM   #35
Mini-Skoolie

Quote:

Asking $1500

Thank you for the thought, this doesn’t sound like something I could work with. Good luck on finding a buyer soon!
Old 12-03-2019, 12:16 AM   #36
Almost There

I didn't notice the Midwest , thx for ur feedback��
Old 12-03-2019, 12:19 AM   #37
Almost There

👌 check skoolie groups on fb
Old 12-03-2019, 05:58 PM   #38
Mini-Skoolie

Quote:
👌 check skoolie groups on fb
I’ve been looking there too. Thanks!
Old 12-26-2019, 03:54 AM   #39

Year: 2003
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: STL
Engine: Cummins 5.9L Turbo
Rated Cap: 36 pax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitty View Post
That’s an awesome idea!! I have been trying to navigate and look through everything on sale here, but I don’t want a finished skoolie or a new bus. I want one that I can still modify and lay it out the way I need for us, take over a project someone can’t finish. It’s hard to sift through everything.
I've just posted mine for sale:
http://www.skoolie.net/forums/f14/20...ale-29791.html
KrisKnudsen is offline   Reply With Quote