Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-27-2017, 04:01 PM   #1
Bus Nut

Year: 1987
Engine: 6.9L Diesel
Eviction Sale: Rooftop AC, Water Heater, and lots of other Junk

Hi All,

A little unnecessary excitement has entered my stable life, and it's looking likely I'll be having an "eviction sale". Over the past 5 years, I have spent a lot of time accumulating a lot of things I don't need. My landlord seems pretty displeased with my bus hobby and my boss and I have been butting heads over petty salary issues, so I think I should starting liberating myself of some of my material burdens in preparation for a move.

I will put it up on craigslist and may even consider dumping a lot of this stuff. But first I'd like to offer it up here to this lovely community. I am hoping to get some money for this stuff, but if I give it away, I would rather give it away here than elsewhere - so low balls and freebie dibs are welcome. As we get closer to April, I will be much more open to giving this stuff away. I have not tested a lot of the appliances so if you can prove to me it doesn't work after purchase I'd gladly give you some (or all) your money back via cash or paypal.

Rooftop A/C: it's probably atleast 10 years old, maybe 20. Never tried plugging it in. I'd like $80 for it.

6Gal Water Heater: it's probably atleast 10 years old, maybe 20. Never tried plugging it in. I'd like $80 for it.

Water Pump: It's just about old enough to make me think I'm better off buying a new one, I'd like $20 for it.

Chest fridge conversion
with temp controller: It's got some rust on it from being stored outside, it's not in the best shape, also a little half assed conversion - tested electrical draw during peak summer days, about 200 watts a day. I saw a new one on sale from home depot for $100 so I'd let this already converted one go for $60.

45 gallon water tank: Could be a good grey water tank, I was going to use it, I still might, but I'd let this go for $25.

Schoolbus windows: I got about 17 schoolbus windows. You can have em for $5 each or take them all for free. If you buy anything, you can take as many as you please with you for whatever low offer you provide.

I got 1 pair of coach seats much like the ones featured in Aaronsb's broccoli bus, I purchased these for $40, you can have them for $20.

I got two double sinks, one is in better condition than the other, but I decided I don't like them. the nicer one for $15, the crappy one for $10.

Electric Converter: Old, I'd let it go for $50

I got two propane oven/range combo's, one is in better condition than the other, but I decided I don't like them. the nicer one for $15, the crappy one for $10.

Two terrible plug in drills which I should've thrown away by now, free with any purchase/pickup.

I have a giant antenna (or satellite?) that came off an RV, no idea why anyone would need this. I'd trade this for one beer.

A lot of stripped misc bus junk, eye lashes for the flashers, stop sign, rear bus radiator, double door, my other old door. Declare your interest, make an offer (or don't offer anything and get it for free after no one offers anything)

Random Old RV stuff
: Vents in Questionable Working Condition, single pane windows, a vanity sink.

tiny wood stove very similar to the cubic Mini. I haven't tested it but I got it for $250. I think I kind of want to keep it, but I'd let it go for $200.

I have a lot more, but this is a bulk of the "big ticket" items, I'll try and put pictures up later if we are interested.

And if any of you want to come with your bus, truck, or trailer and just by it all we can certainly work out a deal!

Feel free and let me know if you have any inquiries. I'll try and get pictures up soon, measurement inquiries welcome!

TAOLIK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 07:06 PM   #2
Bus Crazy

Year: 2003
Coachwork: International
Engine: T444E
Rated Cap: 65 pax
You're keeping your Lucy aren't you? I love your web site and have gotten ideas off it. I'm about as far away from WA as you can get (south FL), but I hope you get some of your stuff sold and wish you luck.

Sandi
www.thismidwifetravels.com
Living full-time on my Skoolie.
WanderWoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 08:05 PM   #3
Bus Nut

Oh you bet! That bus is my livelihood. Thank you for the kind words! I'm going to embrace the role of a son again and get the bus liveable on some land where my mom and her boyfriend reside.

If someone came and took all my junk away for nickels and dimes I would be perfectly content. At this point, I'm just trying to narrow my focus when it comes to moving//and tie up some loose ends on the bus project so she'll be in good shape as a temporary u-haul.

Aside from a stressful few weeks of moving, and a strong lack of income it should all be for the best. I'll be transitioning from acceptable income/no time to no income/lots of time. I think I'm okay with it, just need a few brewskis for morale!
Old 02-27-2017, 08:21 PM   #4
Bus Geek

Year: 2002
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: All American RE (A3RE)
Engine: Cummins ISC (8.3)
Rated Cap: 72
Hey Taolik,

I am sorry to hear that life is giving you grief. I know how issues like that can turn life upside down.

IMHO: You are headed in the right direction by simplifying in the face of adversity. I went through a similar patch and took steps to reduce my monthly nut well before I suffered a loss of income and it served me well.

I have interest in the wood stove if it is available. Do you have pics?

Thanks.

S.
PNW_Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 08:33 PM   #5
Bus Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNW_Steve View Post
Hey Taolik,

I am sorry to hear that life is giving you grief. I know how issues like that can turn life upside down.

IMHO: You are headed in the right direction by simplifying in the face of adversity. I went through a similar patch and took steps to reduce my monthly nut well before I suffered a loss of income and it served me well.
Thank you for the kind empathetic words Steve! The change should be for the best, I'm just caught a little off guard. In my experience, the 3 weeks prior and the first week after a big move are the worst. After that everything is good. Hah maybe we should have a "bus problems" support group thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNW_Steve View Post
Hey Taolik,

I have interest in the wood stove if it is available. Do you have pics?

Thanks.

S.
Aye, aye aye the wood stove! I was reluctant to post that for I adore it so. But I'm not planning to use it atm, and it's pretty heavy/ takes up space. Yes simple is better. I'll get you some pictures tomorrow. It looks really similar to the cubic mini grizzly model, except it's kind of blue and doesn't look as fancy.

ps: I spend a lot of time in Federal way if that's convenient for you.
Old 03-03-2017, 03:26 PM   #6
Bus Nut

Okay, well I got a (modest) raise from my boss and my landlord has okay'd me until atleast June1st. That gives me 2-4 more months of much needed worry free bus work. I can work with this.

Steve,
sorry to get back to you so late. I wanted to put these up on Tuesday but I was too busy 'negotiating' (arguing) with my boss.

Hopefully those pictures make it through (let me know if they don't).

You can also access the shared album here.
Old 04-01-2017, 11:17 PM   #7

Any chance you'd ship a stove?
popkern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 02:20 PM   #8
Mini-Skoolie

Any of the range/stoves available still? Pics?
bartthebus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 03:19 PM   #9
Bus Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by bartthebus View Post
Any of the range/stoves available still? Pics?
The wood stove is still available the price rose back to $250.

The two propane gas range/oven are both still available. I'd let one go for $15, or you can take them both together for a 6 pack of IPA's.

I'd consider giving all 3 away for $200 + a decent bottle of sake.