Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-22-2016, 07:27 PM   #1
Mini-Skoolie

For Sale: 1990 GMC/Bluebird (gas) already converted

32 seater (had a wheelchair lift orig.) Denton, TX (north of Dallas) Needs a few finishing touches. I wasn't happy with the type of water line connections I used, needs a new water pump (for the running water, not the engine). I never ran a duct for the heather. There are a backup camera and a solar battery charger included that I didn't get around to installing. I converted it as a hippie type bus/RV, but the outside needs repainting. The inside is pretty cool. Fridge, TV, microwave, generator, kitchen & bathroom sinks, shower, range/oven, stereo, A/C on roof, toilet, fresh, gray & black water tanks. (2) brand new batteries. Plenty more pics. wretched_hyena@yahoo.com About to retire overseas. Need to sell quickly (by Jan. 3). Clear title ready to sign over. $2000 Heck, the parts are worth more than that!
Attached Thumbnails
01 Front.jpg   14 Ladies in the Booth 2.jpg   11 Refrigerator.jpg   22 Lady on the Toilet.jpg   DSCN2440.jpg  

wretched_hyena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2016, 05:57 PM   #2
Mini-Skoolie

More info

This skoolie has an automatic transmission, power brakes (disc on front) and power steering. More photos available.
Old 12-25-2016, 09:20 PM   #3
Bus Crazy

Year: 2003
Coachwork: International
Engine: T444E
Rated Cap: 65 pax
Darn... I sure wish this was for sale 2 months ago! Looks awesome, love the colors!
Sandi
WanderWoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2016, 10:26 PM   #4
Mini-Skoolie

Thanks. I never really finished the painting. Sorry the timing was off for you.
Old 12-25-2016, 10:42 PM   #5
Mini-Skoolie

Story behind the bus

By the way, there's a story behind Furthermore. There was a pop festival in Lewisville, Texas, in 1969, two weeks after Woodstock. I was there. There was a bus named Further, owned by Ken Kesey, author of One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest. It was the original hippie bus. There was even a book about Kesey's adventures in the bus, with his commune, and in other things, called The Electric Kool-Aid Acid Test. The bus, driven by Kesey's best friend, also in the book, Ken Babbs, was used at Woodstock. After Woodstock, they drove down to participate in the Texas International Pop Festival. After the festival, Babbs drove Further back to Kesey's farm, in Oregon, where it died. A second Further was built, and still runs. In 1999, I became a sort of historian of the festival. I had a website for fifteen years, but got tired of paying for it. I still have a Facebook page for it. I bought the bus on eBay to make into an RV and paint like a hippie bus for personal use and to use at festival related events. It served both purposes. Of course, I named it after Further. I never really finished the paint job. I visited some of the people who played there and organizers of the festival. I also visited Ken Babbs and both Further busses. A few years ago, I applied for and won an official Texas State Historical Marker. I held a fundraiser with several bands to pay for the marker (they aren't paid for by the state, but by a sponsor) and got permission from Denton County Transportation Authority to put the marker at the Hebron Station for the A-Train. That was built behind where the stage had been. I'm now retiring to the Philippines, and have to get Furthermore up. BTW, I actually drove it to Mexico. It got X-rated coming back, and there's a whole story to that. I was a sign painter, and that is the poster painted on the side of Furthermore. Check out the bands on the poster.
Attached Thumbnails
DSCN0153.jpg   05-02-10 in Ken Kesey's Bus Barn 62 Richard Hayner in Further II by Ken Babbs.jpg   05-02-10 in Ken Kesey's Bus Barn 66 Ken Babbs with Further II & Further I by Richard Hayner.jpg   IMG_5971.jpg  
Old 12-25-2016, 11:28 PM   #6

Very interested! Just emailed you!

- Julie
sephirai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2016, 04:25 PM   #7
Bus Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by wretched_hyena View Post
By the way, there's a story behind Furthermore. ... That was built behind where the stage had been. I'm now retiring to the Philippines, and have to get Furthermore up. BTW, I actually drove it to Mexico. It got X-rated coming back, and there's a whole story to that. I was a sign painter, and that is the poster painted on the side of Furthermore. Check out the bands on the poster.
Wow! Thank you so much for that history lesson! I have seen pics of "Further" and knew a bit of the story, but not that much. I'd love to see more pics of Furthermore... I love the paint job and would like to glean some ideas from it!

Sandi

if easier to upload pics to email mine is: sandiblankenshiprm@gmail.com
Old 12-26-2016, 08:48 PM   #8
Bus Geek

Year: 1946
Coachwork: Chevrolet/Wayne
Chassis: 1- 1/2 ton
Engine: Cummins 4BT
Rated Cap: 15
The bus came by and I got on
That's when it all began
There was cowboy Neal
At the wheel
Of a bus to never-ever land
Tango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2016, 10:31 PM   #9
Mini-Skoolie

Hurry

I installed new batteries today. It fired right up and ran like a champ. I'm so proud of that bus. It's been a really dependable vessel. It's at the apartment now for viewing (see picture). I have to sell this week.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_4955.jpg   IMG_4956.jpg   IMG_5809.jpg  
Old 12-27-2016, 08:14 AM   #10
Bus Nut

Year: 1998
Coachwork: AmTran International
Chassis: 3800
Engine: Navistar 7.6L
Almost looks like a "chicken bus" ! but not quite as gaudy.
DoubleO7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2016, 10:54 AM   #11
Mini-Skoolie

Nice

Thanks for your support.
Old 12-27-2016, 11:30 AM   #12
Bus Nut

Year: 1998
Coachwork: AmTran International
Chassis: 3800
Engine: Navistar 7.6L
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleO7 View Post
Almost looks like a "chicken bus" ! but not quite as gaudy.
As in they are pretty cool (to me anyways) but you can live in "Furthermore" and have a piece of mid-century history too.
DoubleO7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2016, 03:51 PM   #13
Mini-Skoolie

That's where we ride. )
Old 12-27-2016, 03:54 PM   #14
Mini-Skoolie

Anyone who is interested may contact me for a link to a Drop Box folder with more pics. I'm going to add a video this afternoon.
I have one correction to make to the description. I said the fresh water pump was out and needs replacing. I forgot that I had bought one but hadn't installed it, so it has a new one that the buyer can install.
Old 12-28-2016, 09:51 PM   #15
Mini-Skoolie

There is now a video of the bus made today on Drop Box. Anyone who wants a link to it, let me know.
Old 12-29-2016, 07:14 AM   #16
Bus Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by wretched_hyena View Post
There is now a video of the bus made today on Drop Box. Anyone who wants a link to it, let me know.
I'd like the link! I can't find it in the drop box with the photos.

Thanks!

Sandi
Old 12-29-2016, 11:59 AM   #17
Mini-Skoolie

Private Message sent. Interested in the link too. Thanks!
jasong71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2016, 04:06 PM   #18
Mini-Skoolie

Do you have Facebook? To see a video, go to https://www.facebook.com/Texas-Inter...l-Pop-Festival and see my latest post.
Old 12-29-2016, 04:07 PM   #19
Mini-Skoolie

Okay. It's on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/Texas-Inter...l-Pop-Festival
Old 12-30-2016, 10:54 PM   #20
Mini-Skoolie

SOLD, Thanks!