Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-21-2019, 01:55 PM   #1
Bus Nut

Year: 2000
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: T444E
For sale, available end of summer

Hi all,

Photo gallery:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...oI?usp=sharing

Bus is located outside Syracuse, NY. I am putting my 2001 Carpenter T444E up for sale. ~68k original miles. Spicer 5 speed. There is nothing wrong with it ... we just bought a house and I don't have the time to invest anymore. Asking 15k, not looking to negotiate.

Bus is 35 feet long with approximately a 3 foot deck mounted on the back making it 37' total. 1/2 ton mini split mounted back there. 10kWh of Crown CR430 (430aH) batteries, 12v system, Magnum modified sine 12v 1500w inverter, Xantrex pure sine 2000w inverter, 120v wall electric available all throughout bus, 2 x Morningstar MPPT60 solar chargers, 1.2kW rooftop solar, 50 amp charger hardwired to keep the engine batteries topped off. 30 amp RV hookup, water inlet and 30 gallon tank equipped with pump, full cast iron sink and faucet, full sized brand new residential refrigerator, 30" brand new Samsung stove converted to propane, Nature's Head composting toilet ... the extras go on and on. The dashboard has been completely ripped out and replaced with a custom wood dash, the analog odometer has been replaced with a bluetooth piece capable of displaying a custom digital dash (tablet required). Hardwood floors through most of bus. Windows are finished and framed with molding by a professional carpenter. I installed blackout curtains over the windows and skinned about 3/4 of the outside. Bus is currently painted John Deere green on the bottom and elastometric white on the top. Also installed a 300w light bar on the front above the windshield for rural driving.

This build was designed to be completely off-grid capable. If you are looking for something to bring to an RV park, this is probably not for you. The solar system is designed pretty efficiently (I used to do it for a living) and is capable of powering the A/C all day, running the fridge, powering any small electronics, et cetera. You won't be able to run the mini-split all night but you will get a few hours before the batteries start to drain. The batteries are just about the best money can buy, with the exception of Lithium, and they are industrial.

I have a build thread somewhere on here. It's been awhile since I updated it. The price includes everything on the bus, all electronics, appliances, toilet, et cetera. It includes no labor and just covers the cost of all of the electronics. Aesthetically, inside is about 75% finished. I just never had the time to complete it. Structurally, electrically, it's finished. Just needs a little TLC so a new owner can make it their own. I probably spent nearly 25 or 30k on this thing but I don't expect to recoup that. If I'm high-balling, let me know in the comments. I figured 15k was fair considering if I parted it out I could probably make more than that. Also including a Nex-IQ2 clone for free. LOTS of extras. I don't have any use for any of it at this point.

Old 06-21-2019, 03:12 PM   #2
Bus Crazy

Year: 1975
Coachwork: Chevy
Chassis: 8 window
Engine: 454 LS7
Rated Cap: 24,500
Quote:
Originally Posted by warewolff View Post
Hi all,

Photo gallery:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...oI?usp=sharing

Bus is located outside Syracuse, NY. I am putting my 2001 Carpenter T444E up for sale. ~68k original miles. Spicer 5 speed. There is nothing wrong with it ... we just bought a house and I don't have the time to invest anymore. Asking 15k, not looking to negotiate.

Bus is 35 feet long with approximately a 3 foot deck mounted on the back making it 37' total. 1/2 ton mini split mounted back there. 10kWh of Crown CR430 (430aH) batteries, 12v system, Magnum modified sine 12v 1500w inverter, Xantrex pure sine 2000w inverter, 120v wall electric available all throughout bus, 2 x Morningstar MPPT60 solar chargers, 1.2kW rooftop solar, 50 amp charger hardwired to keep the engine batteries topped off. 30 amp RV hookup, water inlet and 30 gallon tank equipped with pump, full cast iron sink and faucet, full sized brand new residential refrigerator, 30" brand new Samsung stove converted to propane, Nature's Head composting toilet ... the extras go on and on. The dashboard has been completely ripped out and replaced with a custom wood dash, the analog odometer has been replaced with a bluetooth piece capable of displaying a custom digital dash (tablet required). Hardwood floors through most of bus. Windows are finished and framed with molding by a professional carpenter. I installed blackout curtains over the windows and skinned about 3/4 of the outside. Bus is currently painted John Deere green on the bottom and elastometric white on the top. Also installed a 300w light bar on the front above the windshield for rural driving.

This build was designed to be completely off-grid capable. If you are looking for something to bring to an RV park, this is probably not for you. The solar system is designed pretty efficiently (I used to do it for a living) and is capable of powering the A/C all day, running the fridge, powering any small electronics, et cetera. You won't be able to run the mini-split all night but you will get a few hours before the batteries start to drain. The batteries are just about the best money can buy, with the exception of Lithium, and they are industrial.

I have a build thread somewhere on here. It's been awhile since I updated it. The price includes everything on the bus, all electronics, appliances, toilet, et cetera. It includes no labor and just covers the cost of all of the electronics. Aesthetically, inside is about 75% finished. I just never had the time to complete it. Structurally, electrically, it's finished. Just needs a little TLC so a new owner can make it their own. I probably spent nearly 25 or 30k on this thing but I don't expect to recoup that. If I'm high-balling, let me know in the comments. I figured 15k was fair considering if I parted it out I could probably make more than that. Also including a Nex-IQ2 clone for free. LOTS of extras. I don't have any use for any of it at this point.

a lot of work went into that bus
Sleddgracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 09:48 AM   #3

Is this still available?
hominid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 10:27 AM   #4
Bus Nut

Yes, still available.
Old 07-01-2019, 12:14 PM   #5

Quote:
Yes, still available.
I just have a few questions, I am going to be in NY this weekend for Moe. so it would be a good time to come and check it out. Could I give you a call tonight?

Emily
hominid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 12:25 PM   #6
Bus Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by hominid View Post
I just have a few questions, I am going to be in NY this weekend for Moe. so it would be a good time to come and check it out. Could I give you a call tonight?

Emily

Sending you a PM now.
Old 07-01-2019, 12:53 PM   #7
Bus Geek

Year: 2003
Coachwork: International
Chassis: CE 300
Engine: DT466e
Rated Cap: 65C-43A
The price seems more than fair. Knowing what I know now (and discounting the window skinning which would kill it for me) I would have been much better off buying your bus than embarking on my own skoolification.
Old 07-01-2019, 01:09 PM   #8
Bus Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by musigenesis View Post
The price seems more than fair. Knowing what I know now (and discounting the window skinning which would kill it for me) I would have been much better off buying your bus than embarking on my own skoolification.

Thanks. Yeah, knowing what I know now I would have bought a complete bus too. I'm not trying to make any profit off of it ... just recoup some of the investment I made. Believe it or not I spent nearly 30k on this. I'm pretty sure I could make back 15k just by parting out the mini-split, inverters, batteries, solar panels, appliances, water tanks, composting toilet, et cetera. It added up fast. But I don't want to do that if I don't have to. I'd like someone to get some enjoyment and experience out of it.
Old 07-01-2019, 01:46 PM   #9
Bus Geek

Coachwork: International
Chassis: CE 300
Engine: DT466e
Rated Cap: 65C-43A
Quote:
Believe it or not I spent nearly 30k on this.
I believe it - I'm at 10K already (counting tools and supplies etc.) and just getting started.
Old 07-09-2019, 08:38 PM   #10
Skoolie

Coachwork: AmTran
Chassis: International
Engine: DT466e/Allison 2000
Rated Cap: 65
Is this already titled/registered as an RV? The more i look into doing a conversion the more attractive this looks. You've already done all the stuff I don't know how to do!
cdrobbins77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 08:44 PM   #11
Bus Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdrobbins77 View Post
Is this already titled/registered as an RV? The more i look into doing a conversion the more attractive this looks. You've already done all the stuff I don't know how to do!
Yes, currently registered as motorhome.
warewolff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 10:15 PM   #12
Traveling

Year: None
Coachwork: None
Chassis: None
Engine: None
Rated Cap: None
Me likey! Too bad I'm having to wait and
see what comes of *THIS* at the moment...
Click image for larger version

Name:	Crash 9-28-3.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	119.9 KB
ID:	35435

Name:	Crash 9-28 1.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	215.5 KB
ID:	35436
CHEESE_WAGON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 10:34 PM   #13
Bus Crazy

Year: 1998
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: IH 3800, 8 window
Engine: T444E w/ Spicer 5-speed MT
Rated Cap: I prefer broad-brims hats
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHEESE_WAGON View Post
Me likey! Too bad I'm having to wait and see what comes of *THIS* at the moment...
Attachment 35436
Worst parallel parking, ever..!
🤙
Old 07-09-2019, 11:01 PM   #14
Traveling

Year: None
Coachwork: None
Chassis: None
Engine: None
Rated Cap: None
Quote:
Originally Posted by HazMatt View Post
Worst parallel parking, ever..!
��

Name:	Buford T - Smart Aleck.png
Views:	11
Size:	686.1 KB
ID:	35437
Not bad, actually, considering I was pile-driven from the right-rear by an SUV running 40 at the stop sign just behind the ambulance.
Sorry to OP, not meaning to derail the thread...
CHEESE_WAGON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 04:33 PM   #15
Mini-Skoolie

Hi Warewolf,

I’m interested in your Skoolie, live 2 hours east of you in NY, when could I come check it out?
NewKidAtSkool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 05:06 PM   #16

would love to check this out if this website will let me get a msg through
My name is Justin. funny thing I'm up here in Watertown stationed at Ft drum getting ready to retire. Is the bus still available? I would love to come down and check it out. my retirement plan is just to go off grid. I'm a 30 year disabled vet with nothing to go back to soooo the nomad lifestyle is calling hard.
Please let me know if I can come down and check it out. Oh I'm also a mechanic
Hope to hear from ya
LFOD603 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 07:27 AM   #17
Mini-Skoolie

Curious

I am definitely interested in this bus, what kind of insulation is in there? Also, could I expand the solar system easily if need be? Thanks in advance.
BumblingAlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2019, 11:32 AM   #18
Bus Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by BumblingAlong View Post
I am definitely interested in this bus, what kind of insulation is in there? Also, could I expand the solar system easily if need be? Thanks in advance.
I peeled back the skin and the original fiberglass insulation was still pearly white, so I left it and added 2" foamular on the walls and floor. The roof is still original fiberglass. There are 2 x Tristar MPPT60's so yes, solar could be expanded easily. I doubt you'll need it though.
warewolff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 07:23 PM   #19

shower?

Hi. Do you have a shower set up in it? Thanks!
coolnaturegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2020, 03:18 PM   #20

Still for sale

I know it's been a while, this still for sale?
RStephens828 is offline   Reply With Quote