Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-17-2009, 11:44 PM   #1
Bus Nut

Re: Good luck to the seller

Wow! Neat conversion. He is going to need all the luck he can get at that price!

Abbott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 04:23 AM   #2
Bus Nut

Too bad there are no picts from inside the two VWs.
Sojakai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 07:33 AM   #3
Skoolie

*Tear roles down the cheek
Poor VW's. it saddens me when I see a classic VW chopped up and served on top of another vehicle.
Sorry I have a weak spot for classic VW's. having owned a 59 VW bus and am currently restoring a 70s Beetle

anyways good luck to that seller. (He is going to need all the luck at that price)
thesaltydog24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 05:37 PM   #4
Skoolie

Year: 96
Coachwork: Carpenter Crown
Chassis: Unknown
Engine: ISB Cummins
Rated Cap: 84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pied Typer
His wife must be making him sell it... "look honey, nobody is interested, I guess we will just have to keep it.... AW SHUCKS!"

Although if you are going to sell your soul for eternal VW damnation I suppose 30K is an okay place to start. I however would rather drive my VW than chop it up.... but then again, i do have a "totaled" passat wagon in my driveway...
Quote:
Originally Posted by thesaltydog24
*Tear roles down the cheek
Poor VW's. it saddens me when I see a classic VW chopped up and served on top of another vehicle.
Sorry I have a weak spot for classic VW's. having owned a 59 VW bus and am currently restoring a 70s Beetle

anyways good luck to that seller. (He is going to need all the luck at that price)
I concur. I've been looking for about a year and a half (only around the area / not too hard) for a VW bus, pop-top camper that has the bottom completely rusted out and the engine gone / junk. I want to do something similar with a bus mounted on top, but just don't have the heart to do it to anything but a completely un-salvageable VW bus. I consider that if I'm destined to do the project, one will come along.
John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 04:42 PM   #5
Bus Nut

Year: 94
Coachwork: b/b
Chassis: tc2000
Engine: 5.9
Rated Cap: 72

HELL ALL I WANT IS $10,000 OBO FOR MY RV BUS AND ITS READY TO ROLL JUST NEEDS TO FINSH THE PAINTING ON THE OUTSIDE AND HE WANTS $30000 FOR THAT ????
keith is offline   Reply With Quote