Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-07-2007, 12:12 PM   #1

Help! I want to buy a bus!

My wife & I have lived in a motorhome full time for the last 3 years and now we want to get a bus to do our own conversion. Does anyone know where there is a 35' Rear Engine 5.9 cummins for sale? We are located in Arizona but are willing to travel if we can find the right one. Thanks!

Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 08:25 AM   #2
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 90
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Chassis: TC2000
Engine: 5.9 Cummins
Re: Help! I want to buy a bus!

Hi Danny,
When I found mine I had been looking for a few months. I checked craigslist the newspapers and eventually a guy who had a bus I didnt want told me about the bus dealership I bought from. There are lots of companies who supply new buses to the schools and they often get the older ones in trade. I noticed you asked about mine. I have posted photos now. Mine is a front engine. I prefered it to a rear engine they had because I like the large rear door for loading stuff.
Excalibrate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 08:53 PM   #3
Mini-Skoolie

Re: Help! I want to buy a bus!

I have a number of good Gillig and Crown buses for sale. I'd stay away from a 5.9 Cummins in a large bus, the one I had in a Gillig was way too small to push it effectively. But they might work if they were in a lighter weight bus of about 30 feet.

I've owned about 85 buses and fire trucks, so if you need advice just call. It doesn't matter if you buy one from me, I'll give you my best, honest opinion on any machinery.

Have a good one

Patrick Young
Fresno, Ca
(retired schoolteacher)
559 251-3814