Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-26-2019, 09:33 AM   #1

In search of a bus.

Hi Everyone.

My wife and me are in search of a bus. We are looking for something around a mid-sized, 7 or 8 window bus, although if it were full sized, we would consider that as well. I would prefer that the it didn't have any seats, but if it's the right deal and has seats ok, I am disabled and will be attempting to do the work my self and not having seats is a good start. Traveling to pick up bus would be ok too, we live in central Illinois and would go 1000 or so miles for the right bus. We have $4000 right now to spend on a bus. Thank you for reading and happy trails.

Bob

Grateful_nomads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 10:55 AM   #2
Skoolie

Year: 2001
Coachwork: Me
Chassis: 2001 IC
Engine: DT466
Rated Cap: 72
There are so many buses for sale out there. Many of the school systems are going to this bus contractor deal where they get new buses every three years. I have seen many around here for sale in the 2500-3000 range with very low miles. Do your shopping and don't jump on the first one you see. Be patient and get he one you want with all the add ones your after. A good note to look is if it has boxes under it prolly has the right tranny and motor you after. We had one right down the road from us for 2500 with Cummins in it already white painted. I will see if it is still there. on the web go to "tempest search" in your google browser and type in "bus" there it will give you all the craigslist posts around you for 500+ miles. We gave 3200 for ours with 114k miles on it, was already painted white from being a church bus, has aluminum wheels and very clean. No kiddie burgers!!
Ciscokid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 11:39 AM   #3
Bus Geek

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Genesis
Chassis: International
Engine: DT466/3060
Rated Cap: 77
I have a 97 TC2000, 31', 11 window. Seats removed. Good running bus. In you budget.
PM me for details
Where are you located? Fill out your UserCP so we know a bit about you?
Attached Thumbnails
20190410_165752 (2).jpg  
o1marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 02:58 PM   #4

Thanks Ciscokid. I am on your frequency man. I am doing just as you explained and have already several. I am just waiting to pull the trigger on the right one. Thanks for your insight here. Travel on!
Grateful_nomads is offline   Reply With Quote