Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-22-2019, 10:29 AM   #21
Bus Geek

Year: 2002
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: All American RE (A3RE)
Engine: Cummins ISC (8.3)
Rated Cap: 72
You never can tell.

I listed an E450 5 window on CL out here in the sticks for several hundred dollars than I expected to get.

Got a call from a guy 300 miles away saying that he was interested in the bus. I told him where he could find one just like it 20miles from his house. No, he wanted to see mine and see it today.

He flew commercial into Walla Walla and I drove the bus down to the airport so that he could test drive it. Nope. I drove back to my house. I offered a test drive again. Nope....

He pulled out the full asking price in cash and that was it.. Didn't even pop the hood and check fluids.

I almost felt bad. He could have bought an identical bus, same milage, for $500 less.

People are crazy.

PNW_Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 11:15 AM   #22
Skoolie

Year: 2004
Coachwork: IC
Chassis: IC
Engine: T444e, 7.3
Rated Cap: 12
Some people are willing to pay extra for the convenience of working with someone who goes out of their way for them to see it etc.
consti2tion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 10:55 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokedown View Post
It's solidly in the afternoon here so I've chased most of the grumpiness away with coffee. But yeah I think as a forum with almost 0 emphasis on classified ads there should be a minimum post threshold before you're able to post in here.
Why?

I'm on a motorcycle forum that's like that and it's a huge pain in the ass. Everyone has a different use or reason for being on the forum. Who are you or anyone else to tell people what they should be doing? Does someone come over and tell you you can't have coffee in the morning unless x y z?

I'm curious to hear your point on what good it does? I'm sure it may prevent some scams, but it's far more restrictive than beneficial. imho.
scott78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 11:02 AM   #24
Bus Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott78 View Post
Why?

I'm on a motorcycle forum that's like that and it's a huge pain in the ass. Everyone has a different use or reason for being on the forum. Who are you or anyone else to tell people what they should be doing? Does someone come over and tell you you can't have coffee in the morning unless x y z?

I'm curious to hear your point on what good it does? I'm sure it may prevent some scams, but it's far more restrictive than beneficial. imho.
I think your may be misunderstanding. We are not talking about limiting all of the forums, just the classified ads.

There has been some occurrences of bad manners the this may help with.
Old 01-24-2019, 11:05 AM   #25

I understood it completely.

And I think it's ignorant.

There are people who are in their first five posts buying things in the classifieds.

What difference does it make.

Manners are manners. I'll be a dick with one post or one million, manners aren't really a valid argument for forcing a certain amount of posts before you can sell something.

I'm still of the opinion its counterproductive, and bullshit frankly.
Old 01-24-2019, 11:19 AM   #26
Bus Geek

Quote:
I understood it completely.

And I think it's ignorant.

There are people who are in their first five posts buying things in the classifieds.

What difference does it make.

Manners are manners. I'll be a dick with one post or one million, manners aren't really a valid argument for forcing a certain amount of posts before you can sell something.

I'm still of the opinion its counterproductive, and bullshit frankly.
You are not getting it.

It has been proposed that new members may not post a for Sale ad until they have 5 posts. All other forums would be unrestricted.
Old 01-24-2019, 11:24 AM   #27
Bus Geek

Year: 1946
Coachwork: Chevrolet/Wayne
Chassis: 1- 1/2 ton
Engine: Cummins 4BT
Rated Cap: 15

I absolutely agree that there should be a minimum # of posts before any merch can be offered for sale. Otherwise the forum will be overrun with ads for junk and scams.

Take that crap to Craig's List.
Tango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 11:30 AM   #28
Bus Geek

This thread is a good example.

OP signed up, posted an incomplete for Sale ad as their first post and have not been on the board to answer quest or accept offers. The original post was made 13 days ago and OP is MIA.
Old 01-24-2019, 11:39 AM   #29
Bus Geek

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Genesis
Chassis: International
Engine: DT466/3060
Rated Cap: 77
It's to help keep the site clean and keep people from coming here one time trying to unload their POS for some over priced amount. If they had to spend a bit of time here to see what we are all about they may not waste their time posting something the site knows is crap.
If not why not let people post anything for sale in the classifieds, even if not bus related.
o1marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 11:41 AM   #30
Bus Geek

Coachwork: Genesis
Chassis: International
Engine: DT466/3060
Rated Cap: 77
The poster bitching about our proposed limit came here just to bitch about our proposal.
o1marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 11:43 AM   #31
Bus Geek

Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Freighliner FS65
Engine: Cat 3126
Rated Cap: 15
I like that this site isn't crawling with vendors and stuff.
EastCoastCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 02:36 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNW_Steve View Post
You are not getting it.

It has been proposed that new members may not post a for Sale ad until they have 5 posts. All other forums would be unrestricted.
If IT is the rule, or proposal for the rule, yes, I get it. And I gave my opinion, and a couple of other examples I consider to be just as productive.

If IT is the reason behind the proposed rule, then you are correct, I am not understanding.
Old 01-24-2019, 02:41 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNW_Steve View Post
This thread is a good example.

OP signed up, posted an incomplete for Sale ad as their first post and have not been on the board to answer quest or accept offers. The original post was made 13 days ago and OP is MIA.
What does it matter man? Someone didn't get their question answered? Someone didn't get to buy a bus? Maybe the OP changed their mind, sold it, or is actually just a scam.

I could post five one word posts and do just the same thing, post a for sale add then go MIA. Oh well. But if I want to sell it legit for whatever reason, I have to be a puppet.

Just like craigslist has scam sellers, it has scam buyers. A site dedicated to a specialty, like skoolies, is a little easier to pick out the bullshit, and a more narrowed down field to sell a specific item.
Old 01-24-2019, 05:48 PM   #34
Bus Crazy

Year: 1997
Engine: DT466E
Rated Cap: 34
Quote:

I'll be a dick with one post or one million,
You're a little late to the party......we've already got someone serving in that capacity.

The Busted Flush
plfking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2019, 12:44 AM   #35
Mini-Skoolie

It's been re-listed on ebay

I guess he didn't get his $16,000.

Still no info on the engine or transmission.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Shorty-Scho...:pf:0#viTabs_0
Disastrogirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
international