Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-31-2006, 01:49 PM   #1
Skoolie

kohler generator

i have one 3.5 or 4 kilo watt kohler generator sitting covered up on my patio that needs a good home. i bought it from a friend of mine for 300 bucks but i decided its to much work hooking it up in my bus. it has the electrical box (inverter/converter/ shore power) thing with it. it is out of a winnabago type rig. ive never tried running it but 100 $ and its yours.i live in n.w. oregon , 30 miles inland from the astoria/seaside area along the columbia river. any one interested can leave me a message on this site or my e-mail is listed somewhere on here. thanks westport_wayne e-mail is mailto:jswintjr_6@msn.com

westport_wayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 04:34 PM   #2
Bus Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by lapeer20m
does it look like something like this?

Old 03-31-2006, 05:54 PM   #3
Skoolie

kohler generator

yes it does,same color as a matter of fact
Old 04-01-2006, 10:02 AM   #4
Mini-Skoolie

Send a message via AIM to Clyde
the shipping is a deal killer for me, or i would take it off your hands
Clyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 10:54 AM   #5
Skoolie

kohler generator

yah, it is heavy. it would probably be fesable only for some one around n.w. oregon . i just thought i would put it out there. the wifes getting tired of tripping over it
Old 04-01-2006, 07:24 PM   #6
Bus Geek

it is an excellent unit. It's an 1800 rpm generator air cooled with a squirrell fan on the end of the crank that allows the unit ot be built into an insulated box for quietness. It's a pretty quiet geni to start with, since it's only spinning half speed.

it's a cast iron single cylinder kohler that'll probably run forever. I had issues with the carberator on mine....then it fell off of the bus at highway speed and suffered some serious trauma...it is heavy enough that when i picked it up with my truck, they used a front end loader to put in in the truck bed.

if it's the same as mine, it's only 110 volts, but that's ok, so are most rv appliances.

The "starter" is actually the generator head itself. When engergized with 12 volts it works like an electric motor....i thought that was a pretty ingenious feature.