Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 04-20-2018, 09:43 PM   #21
Skoolie

Year: 2003
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: HDX
Engine: 3126 7.2
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentReprieve View Post
hes Wall Street so he can afford it... lol
perfect or the RIGHT bus costs money...or so Ive read on here

Old 04-20-2018, 09:46 PM   #22
Skoolie

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Chassis: TC2000
Engine: 5.9 Cummins
Rated Cap: 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twigg View Post
lol ... $20k and a C7 .... pass

Nice color though.
Not even a MD3060, either.
Old 04-20-2018, 10:06 PM   #23
Skoolie

Year: 2003
Chassis: HDX
Engine: 3126 7.2
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrailLifeBill View Post
Not even a MD3060, either.
I like my 12 window Thomas with a 3126 and an MD3060 no rot/rust new tires and brakes that are only 5000 miles old... for roughly a quarter of the price

Old 04-21-2018, 11:48 PM   #24
Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twigg View Post
lol ... $20k and a C7 .... pass

Nice color though.
LMAO..........
Old 04-22-2018, 07:10 AM   #25
Bus Geek

Year: 1999
Chassis: Freighliner FS65
Engine: Cat 3126
Rated Cap: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by CH777 View Post
Thanks for the advice.
But if I'm wanting to sell a bus...I only look at an ad like mine once. It applies or does not.
Second suggestion I do is unsubscribe to posts I do not want email updates on. It's easy... Under Thread Tools at top of post.
BINGO..no more alerts on that post.

A post that gets buried can be either lost..... or bumped back up....or a new post saying the exact same thing can be posted repeatably.

See the point? IMHO it's better to bump it up off and on than to have it buried and not seen...or to re-post the same info over and over.

Take this the right way...cause I mean it in a "friendly" constructive sense..........

but what's really not needed and an annoyance to the poster and readers are replies that are not offering a bus for sale or a place that bus may be found..... These posts..(LIKE THIS ONE) only serve to clutter a valid post and accomplish nothing else......except maybe hard feelings to the thin skinned ( I'm not one).

Hope this helps.

Again thank you for your advice. But I have already thought it through.
CHEERS
Totally agreed, cheers!
Old 04-25-2018, 06:18 PM   #26
Skoolie

Still on the hunt!

Well, I've looked at 4 buses in person this week and inquired about a dozen more.
Seems like all the ones I want are on the Northwest Coast, Arizona or Texas.

But I'm still looking..........
Old 04-25-2018, 07:28 PM   #27
Mini-Skoolie

Try This One

Hey- this bus seems to be similar to what your looking for. East coast, completed, reliable, no rust. Oh, and its mine.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford/192517890458
Old 04-25-2018, 09:06 PM   #28
Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtkuhl View Post
Hey- this bus seems to be similar to what your looking for. East coast, completed, reliable, no rust. Oh, and its mine.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford/192517890458
Thanks but not what I'm looking for.
Want a standard "Truck" School bus body...not the van bus body.
Loads of the ones like you have locally.

Old 05-01-2018, 11:41 AM   #29
Skoolie

Well.... looked at a couple more this week. Found a good one but got beat getting to it in time and it was sold.

So still on the hunt.
Old 05-13-2018, 09:58 AM   #30
Skoolie

Update---still shopping..............

Well missed a good one and passed on several over priced ones with the usual issues of shot tires, sloppy steering and bad maintenance.
Seems to be more coming up for sale now that school is ending and summer is starting here in the Ohio valley.

STILL LOOKING!
Old 05-13-2018, 05:20 PM   #31

Year: 1864
Coachwork: GM
Chassis: PD4106
Engine: 8V71 or 318 Detroit
how about a converted GM PD4105 Diesel Pusher w auto tranny. Needs some TLC but ready to go and priced right..Lyle at lylebus@yaho.com.. NewPort NC
Old 05-17-2018, 01:52 PM   #32
Mini-Skoolie

Hey, I know you don't prefer the van-front rigs, but I may have one that would give you a reason to reconsider. I am not quite sure I really want to sell, but I have some plans that might make sense to do so. It's a 91 G-30 shorty with side HC door. Brand new motor (Chevy 350 gas crate motor professionally installed last fall. Runs fantastic. New tires, brakes, pitman arm, Idler arm water pump, fuel pump, no leaks, drive great but slow up long inclines (as expected). Has thinsulated floor with hardwood, full restore and design interior w custom wood counter/undercounter sink and storage under, single bed with storage under, couch with 3 built-in seat belts!, drawing table in the studio (I'm an artist so I can work when I go play) that can be replaced with ??? you want, lots of overhead built-in storage both sides, new Marine battery w/inverter for lights and outlets (I would be putting a solar up top this summer but for my short jaunts the battery works great). I use cooler(s) for food and drinks, the water is counter set 5 gals that drain to another 5 gal (I didn't want built in water system and black n grey tanks because I prefer to control my water and its purity/cleanliness… and this is my preferred way. I have a flush Thetford Curve toilet!! Love it. H20 Cassette and tank. Full custom back metal deck! Lots more… Interested? PM me!
Old 05-17-2018, 01:57 PM   #33
Bus Geek

Year: 1991
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: DTA360 / MT643
Rated Cap: 7 Row Handicap
Quote:
Originally Posted by CH777 View Post
Well missed a good one and passed on several over priced ones with the usual issues of shot tires, sloppy steering and bad maintenance.
Seems to be more coming up for sale now that school is ending and summer is starting here in the Ohio valley.

STILL LOOKING!
there have been a couple people get decent busses for a good price from someone in / near chillicothe, I was looking to try and figure out where it is, im only an hour from there.

-Christopher
Old 05-17-2018, 05:04 PM   #34
Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadillackid View Post
there have been a couple people get decent busses for a good price from someone in / near chillicothe, I was looking to try and figure out where it is, im only an hour from there.

-Christopher
As am I......... but south.
Ya find out.......message me and I'd appreciate it.
Thanks
Old 05-17-2018, 05:06 PM   #35
Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by toplessartist View Post
Hey, I know you don't prefer the van-front rigs, but I may have one that would give you a reason to reconsider. I am not quite sure I really want to sell, but I have some plans that might make sense to do so. It's a 91 G-30 shorty with side HC door. Brand new motor (Chevy 350 gas crate motor professionally installed last fall. Runs fantastic. New tires, brakes, pitman arm, Idler arm water pump, fuel pump, no leaks, drive great but slow up long inclines (as expected). Has thinsulated floor with hardwood, full restore and design interior w custom wood counter/undercounter sink and storage under, single bed with storage under, couch with 3 built-in seat belts!, drawing table in the studio (I'm an artist so I can work when I go play) that can be replaced with ??? you want, lots of overhead built-in storage both sides, new Marine battery w/inverter for lights and outlets (I would be putting a solar up top this summer but for my short jaunts the battery works great). I use cooler(s) for food and drinks, the water is counter set 5 gals that drain to another 5 gal (I didn't want built in water system and black n grey tanks because I prefer to control my water and its purity/cleanliness… and this is my preferred way. I have a flush Thetford Curve toilet!! Love it. H20 Cassette and tank. Full custom back metal deck! Lots more… Interested? PM me!
I will........thanks.
Old 05-19-2018, 01:10 PM   #36
Skoolie

Quote:
So this guy posts this.... says PM him.....I do..... and no reply!
?????????????????
Some folks I will never understand........

PS---------- still looking..........but PLEASE do not contact me unless you are serious and offer something priced in the realm of reality.
Old 05-21-2018, 01:11 PM   #37
Mini-Skoolie

Ha.. sorry about the "no reply"! I hate computers and tend not to use them on a daily (even weekly) basis. I'm trying to find a reason to sell other than to move on to some other project, and also trying to figure out a price that makes sense to me. I've been looking at lots of "for sale conversions" and man'o'man some of them are stoopidly-high and others are dubiously-low. I will PM you back as soon as I figure out a couple things. I promise I'm not flakey, just yo-yoing on whether I really want to sell… and if so, how much. I'll take some pics as well.

... and be advised, I might not be back on here for a week! ;)
Old 05-21-2018, 03:58 PM   #38
Bus Geek

Year: 86
Chassis: Ford B700
Engine: 8.2
Rated Cap: 60 bodies
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyle View Post
how about a converted GM PD4105 Diesel Pusher w auto tranny. Needs some TLC but ready to go and priced right..Lyle at lylebus@yaho.com.. NewPort NC
I live near this but and travel the Newport area weekly.
If anyone is interested In this one let me know and i will go check it out and get pics.
Old 05-21-2018, 05:04 PM   #39
Mini-Skoolie

Can you send me info to rwswwhite@msn.com? Looking for a bus in NC or SC
Old 05-21-2018, 06:58 PM   #40
Skoolie

Quote:
Ha.. sorry about the "no reply"! I hate computers and tend not to use them on a daily (even weekly) basis. I'm trying to find a reason to sell other than to move on to some other project, and also trying to figure out a price that makes sense to me. I've been looking at lots of "for sale conversions" and man'o'man some of them are stoopidly-high and others are dubiously-low. I will PM you back as soon as I figure out a couple things. I promise I'm not flakey, just yo-yoing on whether I really want to sell… and if so, how much. I'll take some pics as well.

... and be advised, I might not be back on here for a week! ;)

Don't bother....... not interested.
Closed Thread