Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-15-2010, 12:28 AM   #1
Bus Nut

Crown Super Coach Search

Finding and buying a bus many miles away is a good thing. My trips have taken me to Pa.,Mo.,kansas, and Az. The trip is the joy not the destination. After a 1000 miles trip, you will learn a great deal about the "new" bus. I always carry a large note book and a few pens/pencils with several markers. As any flaw is noticed, the information is written in da note book. Mileage and towns along the way are recorded in da book. Even the fuel is noted. Also any change to be made is recorded. If the new bus does not have a rear bumper hitch, sometimes the seller will pay to have one installed, or direct you to a shop and salvage place. Most salvage places sell a complete hitch from a pickup for just $35. A muffler shop can weld what is needed. The first thing to do after taking control of the bus is to begin the seat removal. You will need to have a place to sleep at nite. Motel rates are spendy. And do not forget a camera. Later the pics will be great fun. The trip should be a great adventure. Take your time on the trip home, as ya got lots to learn. Before leaving home, get an insurance rider to cover the liability. Usually this service is free. If you are stopped and checked, the insurance document will be valuable. I'm ready to go on Monday...frank

frank-id is offline   Reply With Quote