Old 04-10-2018, 06:07 PM   #1
Mini-Skoolie

Looking for a 9 window

Heres what we are looking for, although it might be a little too specific. We currently have $5000 saved but are hoping to find something closer to $3500 so we can start the conversion.

9 window, or aproximately 54 passenger.

1990 or later.

Type C (conventional). Ideally an International chassis, with a blue bird body. An amtran body would be 2nd choice, 3rd choice would be a thomas even tho thomas slants below the windows.

DT466 is what we want. Only other acceptable engine would be a cummins 8.3. Would possibly consider DT360, or cummins 5.9 if the bus meets all other requirements.

Hoping for under 150k miles, but would consider around 200k.

The MT643 tranny would be ideal, but would be happy with any allison other than the AT545.

No rust.

Air brakes.

Fuel injection (no carburetor).

No emergency exits/handicap lifts, unless at the rear of bus (the very back, or the last window on either side).

No major/expensive mechanical issues.

Bonus points (not requirements) for:

Non-perforated ceiling panels, so we can recycle as exterior skin.
Recently out of service.
Geared for highway/MFSAB.
Short ceiling height.
Emergency exit (or maybe a wheelchair lift) on the side rear, mainly just for the floorplan.
Emergency window(s).
Dashboard air conditioner.
Non-tinted windows.
Heated mirrors.
Understorage.
Kandall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 11:55 AM   #2
Mini-Skoolie

Also, we are currently in Portland, Oregon, and looking for a bus as far east as Colorado, and as far south as San Diego, CA. Anything further than that is probably not an option for us.
Old 04-12-2018, 01:34 PM   #3
Bus Nut

Year: 2004
Chassis: International
Engine: T444e w/ 2000 Allison Trans
Rated Cap: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kandall View Post
Also, we are currently in Portland, Oregon, and looking for a bus as far east as Colorado, and as far south as San Diego, CA. Anything further than that is probably not an option for us.
I am in the same similar situation and also in Portland. Let me know if you have your heart on something so I don't bid you up and I will do the same.
Rovobay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 04:12 PM   #4
Mini-Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rovobay View Post
I am in the same similar situation and also in Portland. Let me know if you have your heart on something so I don't bid you up and I will do the same.

Sounds good. Not alot out there that fits our needs. I saw a 10 window crown in NoPo, but they're asking $10k. Probably worth it from what i hear about crowns, but way out of our price range.
Old 04-12-2018, 05:12 PM   #5

Geographically Flexible....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kandall View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rovobay View Post
"IF" either of you "do" find what you're looking for out here in the upper Midwest...don't be afraid to post up / ask for help. I'll be heading to SE Oregon (Corvallis) in August to visit family. Planning to make the trip on two wheels....but I'd be willing to pilot a bus out, as long as I can park my moto inside for the ride out....

It's a long shot...if for no other reason that buses in the Upper Midwest typically have rust issues tied to the use of brine / road salt for 6 months / year...

All part of the "Skoolie" adventure....
Cheddarhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 07:53 PM   #6
Mini-Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheddarhead View Post
"IF" either of you "do" find what you're looking for out here in the upper Midwest...don't be afraid to post up / ask for help. I'll be heading to SE Oregon (Corvallis) in August to visit family. Planning to make the trip on two wheels....but I'd be willing to pilot a bus out, as long as I can park my moto inside for the ride out....

It's a long shot...if for no other reason that buses in the Upper Midwest typically have rust issues tied to the use of brine / road salt for 6 months / year...

All part of the "Skoolie" adventure....
I'll keep that in mind, thank you Cheddarhead
Old 04-19-2018, 08:43 PM   #7
Mini-Skoolie

Found this today, but its not exactly what I'm looking for, but close. Thought skoolie peeps might like it tho.

https://tucson.craigslist.org/cto/d/1997-international-bluebird/6565753244.html