Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-10-2017, 11:05 PM   #1

Looking for a Crown!

So, I've finally gotten all of the fun stuff (insurance to transport, place to store/work on, etc.) handled, and I'm now in full "looking for a bus" mode!
You wonderful folks have been a source of constant motivation, so I wanted to start my search here.

And with that (drumroll, please).... I'm looking for a 80s Crown, preferably a 40' tandem/6-71/5 or 10 speed manual. I need something in good running shape since I live on the east coast and will making the poor thing go through a cross country trip immediately.

Looking forward to any advice/help/direction that might be available! Thanks ahead of time!

graymeiste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 11:34 AM   #2
Bus Crazy

Year: 1990
Coachwork: Crown, integral. (With 2kW of tiltable solar)
Chassis: Crown Supercoach II (rear engine)
Engine: Detroit 6V92TAC, DDEC 2, Jake brake, Allison HT740
Rated Cap: 37,400 lbs GVWR
Look at the Crown Coach Junkies facebook page. The folk there know of every Crown being sold now. There's an auction going on now for several Crowns in California, but I don't know if any are tandems.

John
Iceni John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 12:57 PM   #3

Thanks!

Already a member and watching that auction. Sadly, the fact that most of them have been sitting in storage for 12 years doesn't give me much if any confidence that they'd make the drive. Hopefully, the auction agency will be more forthcoming with information and pictures.

That said, anyone in Cali who wants a cheap Crown that will need work might want to keep eyes on ROKn Auctions - Central California School Surplus Auction Sales!
graymeiste is offline   Reply With Quote