Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-24-2011, 10:39 AM   #1

Looking for a large converted Bus for a Non Profit

Hello,

I have been interested in Skoolies for a while now, and thought the community might be able to help with a project I'm doing called Bus 52.

Bus 52 is a year long project (52 weeks) where four young people will travel around the US in a converted school bus seeking out interesting and different people that are approaching community challenges in innovative ways. We will be creating video profiles and uploading them as we go, so that viewers from all over the world can come along for the ride.

The project is under a 501(c)(3) Non Profit called Exploring Community Inc.

We are spending this year fundraising and getting ready with the wheels expected to start spinning on January 1st, 2012.

We're starting the search for a bus, and wanted to ask the community if they would like to be a part of the process!

Basically, we need a large, fully converted bus (ideally a 73 seater) that would include the full RV treatment - Beds, shower, toilet, kitchen, generator, etc - that should be tough enough to last a year of constant use. The idea would hopefully be to buy an already converted bus, or pay an enthusiast to convert one from scratch.

If you have a bus that you're looking to sell that meets those specifications, or else would be interested in doing a conversion from scratch, please get in contact with me on robert@bus52.com.

Many thanks!

Robert

bus52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 05:13 PM   #2
Bus Nut

Year: 94
Coachwork: b/b
Chassis: tc2000
Engine: 5.9
Rated Cap: 72
Re: Looking for a large converted Bus for a Non Profit

where are you at ? i know of a 93 b/b with a 8.3 cummins with a 545 allison trans you can pm me about.its an empty bus or mine is for sale its 94 b/b 5.9 cummins w/545 trans with 36000 mile on the bus and its the right miles,needs an alternater asking$7.500 already converted sleep 4 but can be converted to sleep 6, ready to go.both bus's are in noth Ga.i was also told the the 93 has an rebuild eng,My bus has all that you ask for in it.so pm me or e-mail at fireman813@hotmail.com
thanks

unknow of the price for the 93 bus
also the 94 was just converted this past summer and everything is new,not put into service,and the bus is titled as a motorhome in Ga
keith is offline   Reply With Quote