Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-20-2017, 08:13 PM   #1

Looking for Bus Already Converted for Family

My husband and I, and our 9 month old son, are looking for a bus that has already been converted (or at least the essentials).
We have about a month left on our apartment, and really want to live freely, without another lease over our heads, able to travel and work remotely. If we had the time and space, I would be ALL OVER converting it myself, but it just isn't an option for us.
Our budget is around $20,000 (depending on how finished/livable it is).
We are currently in Des Moines, IA and probably will stay here for a few more months before heading down south to FL. We can travel a bit to pick it up as long as it is in great driving condition!
I'm new to this, so any advice is also welcome! (particularly in where we can park, financing, insurance, etc.)

brittamoriah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 11:28 PM   #2
Bus Crazy

Year: 2003
Coachwork: International
Engine: T444E
Rated Cap: 65 pax
Welcome to the forum. There have been a few threads recently about buses already converted. If you click on HOME, then scroll towards the bottom, you'll find the classifieds.

Sandi
WanderWoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 11:35 PM   #3
Bus Nut

Year: 2002
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Chassis: All American
Engine: Cummins 8.3/Allison MD3060
Rated Cap: 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderWoman View Post
Welcome to the forum. There have been a few threads recently about buses already converted. If you click on HOME, then scroll towards the bottom, you'll find the classifieds.

Sandi

Psst...

...this thread's in the classifieds.

Rameses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 11:46 PM   #4
Bus Crazy

Year: 2003
Coachwork: International
Engine: T444E
Rated Cap: 65 pax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameses View Post
Psst...

...this thread's in the classifieds.

Good Lord. I better go to bed! 🤣[emoji849]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
WanderWoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2017, 10:42 AM   #5

Hello Britt!

My name is Glauber and my wife's name is Veronica.

We live in Florida (Miami) and we have a beautiful school bus in perfect driving conditions already converted, and she is gorgeous, our family calls her Lolita.

She is a 1996 Thomas Vista T444E 7.3 Navistar Diesel school bus with an automatic Allison transmission and air brakes with clean Florida Title in hand.

We still need to add electricity and plumbing, but the hard work has been completed (Removing Seats, Removing Old Floor, Brushing, Rust Treatment, New Flooring and Painting)

This is her current condition:

- 6 Brand New tires.

- All seats removed.

- Cleaned and treated floor with rust inhibitor.

- New plywood sub-floor finished with wood look vinyl flooring.

-New Beige Leather Class A Drivers seat.

- Freshly painted inside with primer and top coat.

- Exterior is painted Country Beige with stock white roof.

- Full bed (with mattress) and two bunk beds (no mattresses)

- Small island with new never used microwave.

There is a lot work already done in Lolita, and only the right buyer will appreciate that is in the market for a Skoolie or tiny home conversion will really appreciate.

This conversion was for the family to take road trips and camping trips. The only things that I haven't installed is power (solar or generator) and plumbing.

We would love to keep her especially because the amount of money and labor that I has on it (the tires + installation alone cost $3000.00) but we need to let her go at the moment.

We would feel better if she goes with a family that will really appreciate it and call her home.

The Bus was a MiamiDade Public School bus from 1997-2010, the bus was well maintained and was still under current inspection in Miami Dade County to be utilized as a bus when it was previously purchased.

Her overall condition is great and we love her greatly but we move it to a new building and we can not keep it at the moment.

We are asking $7000 as is right now, I'm adding pictures here for your consideration.

As you are not in the state right now we can take more pictures and videos if you want or do a video call so you can better appreciate it.

Please let us now what do you think, we would love if it a family who takes her home, or made her their home.

Contact Info: Glauber Barcelo
glauber.barcelo@gmail.com
786-246-8944
glauberbarcelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 07:57 PM   #6

Year: 1970
Engine: V-8
Hey there. My name is Gustavo. I have a bus that is fully converted for 6500. It just needs the power steering fixed on it. If you send me an email to djstavo@yahoo.com I can send you pics
Djgustavo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 09:29 AM   #7

Hey, thanks! I think we may have found something a little closer to us, otherwise that would have been great! I hope you are able to sell quickly!
brittamoriah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 12:44 PM   #8
Mini-Skoolie

Hi,

I have a 1999 genesis international school bus with a two year old transmission. 160K miles on an inline 6 diesel DT466e.

It is ready to go. Fully working.

Check out my craigslist ad below

https://washingtondc.craigslist.org/...023207595.html
Rezein is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bus, converted, essentials, family, finished