Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-01-2015, 02:52 PM   #1

Looking for the replacement value of a 1966 International school bus

I had a 1966 International School bus (48 Passenger) stolen and am needing an estimate on a replacement value to get a replacement for it. There was no rust or damage to it. Any help would be appreciated. Thankyou.

KennethHuskey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 09:32 AM   #2
Bus Crazy

As abus it would be worth the cost of scrap--somewhere in the $1K to
$2K neighborhood.

As a restored claasic or RV it could be worth the same to 10X depending on a lot of variables.

The real question is who would steal a bus?
cowlitzcoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 09:34 AM   #3
Bus Geek

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Freighliner FS65
Engine: Cat 3126
Rated Cap: 15
Depending on where it is, lots of folks.
EastCoastCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 09:40 PM   #4

Person's on the Sheriff Department. I bought 80 acres of land in Wyoming and it had the bus on the land. It wasn't rusted out or damaged other than some bullet holes. We have no trees on the land so we were going to convert it into a playhouse for our kids. While putting up fence posts around our property we had 2 attempts to remove it before the fence could be completed. The first was a salvager, the second time the Sheriff's Dept. They did it without a hearing or court order. They had done this in 2010 to a lady and ended up settling for 3.3 million with her. They have done much more malicious acts in dealing with me, so we're going for 7 to 10 million. They have violated my 4th and 14th Ammendments rights. That's the reason I'm needing a value for the lawsuit on the actual theft first. When it's all said and done, I'm going to buy a double decker bus to replace the one they took. Scrap value is not acceptable because we were not scrapping it but fixing it up.
KennethHuskey is offline   Reply With Quote