Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-20-2015, 03:58 PM   #1

looking to independently finance a bus

hello, I'm looking to make monthly payments on a bus. the make and model matter least, I just need it to be running and in a stable/reliable condition. I can make monthly payments of $100 until my house lease runs out, then I can afford more as the bus will be my only home. I plan to travel around and share the word of the bible and impending rapture. if anyone thinks they could assist in this endeavor, don't hesitate to email me at brantmreid1995@gmail.com

brantlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 06:38 PM   #2
Bus Crazy

Year: 2000
Chassis: Blue Bird
Engine: ISC 8.3
A personal or signature loan from the institution where you keep a checking and/or savings account is probably going to come closest to your target. Interest will be relatively high (probably at least 10%) because that type of loan is unsecured.

For the most part, the buses bought by people here have enough age and mileage that no lender will consider the bus as collateral and write a secured loan. Cash savings is the most common funding source.
family wagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 06:29 AM   #3
Bus Nut

Year: 1988
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Chassis: TC/2000
Engine: Cummins 5.9TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by family wagon View Post
A personal or signature loan from the institution where you keep a checking and/or savings account is probably going to come closest to your target. Interest will be relatively high (probably at least 10%) because that type of loan is unsecured.

For the most part, the buses bought by people here have enough age and mileage that no lender will consider the bus as collateral and write a secured loan. Cash savings is the most common funding source.
I got one of those unsecured loans from my bank last summer to pay my insurance deductible to put a new roof on my house. It's $3,800 at 9.25% for 12 months on an unsecured loan. It's a little over $330 a month for 12 months.

I bought my bus with cash.
austin1989us is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cheap, financing, monthly