Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-03-2019, 08:28 PM   #1
Mini-Skoolie

Looking to trade a boat for a bus

Just as the title says, I'm looking to trade a boat I have for a bus.

The family has gotten bigger and trips are becoming hard to take due to the number of kids we have (5) and it's time to fulfill a dream we've had of converting a bus and driving it all over. That being said, we have a boat that can't go with us but is very nice (and FAST). So we want to knock out two birds with one stone and trade the boat for a bus.

What are we looking for in a bus?
-Good reliable engine and must be a diesel. Cummins 8.3 would be first option followed by 5.9, CAT 3126 and so on.. We like our inline 6's if ya couldn't tell
-No rust. That's pretty simple right? I've got a lot of work ahead of me getting this thing built, ain't got no time for rust.
-Gotta be 30ft+, I've got a big family. You wanna be stuck that close to 5 kids under 10? Didn't think so.

About the boat:
-2006 SeaBoss 190DC
-MinnKota Riptide trolling motor on front
-150HP Mercury on the back. These things were built around a 115HP motor.. This is an upgrade that my friend's dad (original owner) thought would be a good idea.. and heck yes it was! This thing has power for days and is oddly fuel efficient as well.
-Comes with enough lifejackets to wrap around a small navy.
-Fuel gauge doesn't work. We never could figure it out but we have never needed it either.
-Has aluminum trailer that goes with it that just got 2 brand new tires since I let it sit on the old ones while deployed.
This thing is ready to drop in the water and have a ton of fun. Book value is over 10K. I'm not naive enough to think I'm gonna get that for it and I like bartering/trading more anyway. You meet cooler people that way.

Anyway, if you're interested let me know and I can send pics of the boat upon request (or when I figure out how to get them from my phone to here, I'll update this) and we can go from there.

Thanks!

Medico89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 08:32 AM   #2
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 1993
Coachwork: Thomas Transit Liner
Chassis: Front Axle Thomas - Rear Axle Eaton
Engine: Caterpillar 3116
Rated Cap: 72
Send a message via Skype™ to eduardoysla
I got this bus.

Hey Medico89,

I have this skoolie already converted that I have to let go, since my dad passed away recently and the priorities at home have changed recently. Take a look at it. I am not looking for a boat, but maybe we can get to an arrangement if you get to sell it.

http://www.skoolie.net/forums/f14/th...led-28843.html