Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-24-2017, 12:38 PM   #1
Bus Nut

Looks like a nice bus in N/E Tex

This '31' Thomas transit bus caught my eye, but I decided that I still need to sell more of my "stuff" b4 taking the plung. Seller is the 2nd owner, and bought it from the city of Pasadena, Tx. Said it was for elderly transport, thus the low (31k) miles. Seller said that is has the 645 Allison, matched to a 5.9, but VIN check shows it having an 8.3. Could be a great keeper for someone. As far as I can see only minimum rust, 1 or 2 small bumps.
Biggest problem is that he has it priced higher than the nuts on a giraffe. Said he turned down 6k.

1olfart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 01:17 PM   #2
Traveling

Year: 2003
Coachwork: BlueBird
Chassis: TC2000
Engine: 5.9L Cummins
Rated Cap: '00
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1olfart View Post
Biggest problem is that he has it priced higher than the nuts on a giraffe. Said he turned down 6k.

My buddy and I were hunting vintage Broncos (truck, not horse) and found 4-sale sign on one in a yard in the boonies.

The guy comes out of the house, gnawing on a chicken leg- really going to town - and says: "I'll start talkin' to ya around $4 grand."

He found a pristine example and cut-out the rust free wheel wells for fender flares.

Click image for larger version

Name:	800x-1.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	77.4 KB
ID:	16863
Rusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 11:47 PM   #3
Bus Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty View Post

My buddy and I were hunting vintage Broncos (truck, not horse) and found 4-sale sign on one in a yard in the boonies.

The guy comes out of the house, gnawing on a chicken leg- really going to town - and says: "I'll start talkin' to ya around $4 grand."

He found a pristine example and cut-out the rust free wheel wells for fender flares.

Attachment 16863
Don't think I'll get what that Bronco will, but my old girl only was a true barn find, that has about 63k org. miles. I had a newly rebuilt 5.0 and rebuilt AOD transmission. professionally installed. (Then I had my stroke.) She has her original "makeup" (all be it thin) I'm the 3rd owner, but was never driven by 2nd. He started the rebuild, but decided that a masters degree would be better $ spent.
ANYWAY.... my dumb ass forgot to mention that I found the bus in The East Texas Craigslist, cars and trucks/bus. Bus is in Frankston, Texas.
1olfart is offline   Reply With Quote