Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-02-2016, 05:42 PM   #1
Bus Nut

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Chassis: IH 3800
Engine: Navistar DT466E
Rated Cap: 72 passenger
Marble Falls ISD Buses For Sale

I want to start this post by saying that I have absolutely no affiliation in ANY way/shape/form with Marble Falls ISD or any seller/vendor. What I AM is a very satisfied bidder/winner/customer of a MFISD bus auction a month ago. I bought bus 71016, and I could not be happier with my purchase. For the record, I paid $5,700 for my bus in a rather heated bidding war, and I'd do it again!!! "Johnson" is a 1999 (1998 engine) International 3800 71 pax conventional bus with a 190 HP DT466E and a AT545 and 4.88 rear end. 11R22.5's put it all to the pavement. There was not a single spot of rust bigger than a dime anywhere on my bus. I was deeply impressed by these busses, by the people, and especially the mechanics at MFISD (David and Cody were passionate and amazing, and Michael the Inventory Dude was completely candid about everything).

Marble Falls ISD in Marble Falls, Texas is offering some busses for sale on www.govdeals.com. I have personally examined each of the long busses being offered in late March of 2016, and if my own bus is any indicator, and if my interactions with the MFISD bus mechanics are any indication, you can expect a quality bus from these folks.

If you are looking for a rust-free and well-maintaind bus, this place deserves consideration. If you want to bid on one but you cant examine the busses personally due to distance/time issues, I will volunteer to help you. If you will simply cover my fuel expenses (about $60, or even make some lavish promises of beer-in-the-future), I would be happy to be your "eyes on the ground". I will photograph, Facetime, whatever... to your hearts desire.

Caveats: absolutely no dealers or resellers. My goal is to get a Schoolie member hooked-up with a quality, rust-free bus like mine.

If you want to talk, PM me. I can send you lots of pics of my bus, and share my experiences, with you.

Again, I have no commercial or financial interest in these folks, but would be happy to help a fellow Skoolie if asked.

Old 05-02-2016, 05:48 PM   #2
Bus Geek

Year: 1946
Coachwork: Chevrolet/Wayne
Chassis: 1- 1/2 ton
Engine: Cummins 4BT
Rated Cap: 15
That is very Texas of you GC. Sounds like some exceptional rigs up your way.
Tango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 06:05 PM   #3
Bus Nut

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Chassis: IH 3800
Engine: Navistar DT466E
Rated Cap: 72 passenger
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tango View Post
That is very Texas of you GC. Sounds like some exceptional rigs up your way.
These really were some good folks, Tango. Exceptional, actually!

On that whole Texas Thang, if we have any out-of-towners flying in and needing a place to stage a bus (or two), it would take (very) little in the way of suggestion to have us feed you some BBQ, let you pet the longhorn, ride a rare draft horse, shoot large caliber automatic weapons, and give you a day or two to PM/stage your bus before departing. We are roughly 4 hours from Marble Falls... Just about right to debug a bus and make a list of service points before taking her cross-country home!

Did I mention its firefly season here?