Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-21-2006, 01:37 PM   #1
Mini-Skoolie

Send a message via AIM to slade
Moving overseas - Must sell my Skewly. Make an offer.

I am moving overseas for my job and I can't take my Skewly. I am reluctantly selling it because I don't want it to sit idle for three years.

It has been to 8 states and over 5000 miles since I finished it in September 2005. It is a 6.9 liter diesel that runs amazingly well. It gets decent mileage (about 10 MPG) and drives on flat interstate highways at about 60 MPH. It has a complete towing package with a class IV hitch. I have towed a large car on a trailer with it.

All of the appliances and RV specific parts were brand new in 2005. Many still have manufacturers warranties. It has 2 Air Conditioners/Heat Pumps, 10 gallon propane hot water heater, a large capacity propane RV refrigerator, a microwave, Satellite dish that works while moving, Satellite reciever with digital video recorder, 24" flat screen (tube) television, DVD player, Shower, Toilet, Sink, lots of cabinets, 110 gallons of fresh water storage, 110 gallons of waste water (55 black, 55 grey) storage, 6 batteries 2X12 volts for the engine and 4X6 volts for internal power/inverter. All DC electrical is wired as 12 volt. I has a great high-capacity inverter/charger with remote battery status/charge/capacity/time and temperature readings. It has a 5500 watt quiet gasoline RV generator with a 27 gallon tank.

To see the entire conversion process and photos go to - http://www.walterstribe.com/skewly

I will entertain all reasonable offers. I have $14K and hundreds of man-hours into the conversion, so keep that in mind if you make an offer.

It can be picked-up anytime before April 30. I have a clean title and it is registered in Tennessee.

It has a few minor scrapes and the awning needs some parts but it is overall in great shape. As with any School Bus conversion, it has its quirks and would be great for a DIY type person.

I LOVE THIS BUS. I built it with my blood, sweat and tears. I don't want to sell it, but I don't want it to sit unused. Give it a good home.

1986 International Skewly
https://www.walterstribe.com/skewly
slade is offline   Reply With Quote