Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-06-2016, 11:10 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tango View Post
Whatever you are considering...drive it. Get it on the highway. Make some tight turns. Check out the brakes. I am constantly amazed at how many folks buy a pig in a poke.

Then, if it seems mechanically sound...spend some time crawling underneath. Some buses look great on the outside but are just about rusted through below. A "good deal" is only as good as the condition.
Most certainly. ^_^ I plan to get a mechanic to take a look at it as well before finalizing any purchases, since I have very little engine/parts knowledge and my boyfriends knowledge is still limited overall.

FieryFreyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 12:37 PM   #22
Skoolie

Year: 96
Coachwork: AmTran
Chassis: International
Engine: DT466
Rated Cap: 75
I've actually just decided to sell my bus, finances and time have not gone the way I was hoping when I started the project. I'm in the Georgia mountains, near Cleveland.

Specs: 38ft AmTran Genesis, DT466 diesel engine with a 545 Allison Trans. Model year is 1996, the last year of the mechanical injection models, so it will work with WVO or BioDiesel. I've removed all the seats, all the windows are still in, but one is broken. It has the emergency door in the back, as well as two on the roof and 4 pop out windows exits. It is all disc brakes, hydraulic, so lower repair cost and less to go wrong. Steering tires will need replacing in the near future, but are good to run on for now. Plenty of under belly storage. Batteries need replacing, they only hold a charge for a couple of days, but it will jump off and runs great. It's been parked in my back yard near trees for the last two years, so it needs a bath, but there is no rust and the paint is good. Asking $3000.00, which is a little less than what I have in it, but it's just taking up space right now. I'll start again when my finances allow.

Let me know what you think, I was going to start listing it, but figured I'd check here first.
Outcast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 07:06 PM   #23
Mini-Skoolie

I have a great one for sale in Shreveport, Louisiana.
Check out my CL add below and call or text me if you have any questions or are interested.

Magic School Bus/ mobile deer camp - $6850
http://shreveport.craigslist.org/rvs/5802323772.html

via cPro for Craigslist: http://tinyurl.com/cPro-Android
Bigswervin69 is offline   Reply With Quote