Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-17-2011, 04:47 PM   #1
Mini-Skoolie

Need a helping hand on your Skoolie? Florida

Need an extra hand on your bus project? I’m a contractor with mechanically minded talent who can work on almost anything. I have been following the ‘Skoolie’ threads for a while and looking to build my own very soon. If you live in or near the Tampa bay / St Pete Florida area and are looking for someone with builder/ construction experience and tools – give me a call.

I have a new Ford F150 HD 5.4L towing package with heavy load overhead ladder rack for large or long materials transport. I come with complete tools to do almost any job required short of welding. I’m knowledgeable on construction techniques (Licensed contractor) and blue prints as well as alternative energy applications, plumbing, electrical, solar power, etc.

I’m looking to help and learn more about ‘Skoolie’ bus building for my own project and am a reliable, mature hard working individual with an easy going helpful personality.

Mark

Contact me here

DaddyMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 10:34 AM   #2
Bus Crazy

Re: Need a helping hand on your Skoolie? Florida

so basically just wanna see how its done?
Stuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 02:10 PM   #3
Mini-Skoolie

I've been following the 'Skoolie' bus projects posted here some time.

I am planning my own project and in process of buying my first Bus.
I already am build confident and expereinced licensed contractor...but I feel its best to get some 'real expereince' in bus conversions
with all the real world expereinces that can go with it - before building and investing in my project.

I specialize in advanced technology oriented, forward thinking, constructing industry techniques in the repair, strengthening, and upgrading of industrial and commercial facilities through the application of state-of-the-art construction materials and techniques.

The 'Schoolie' I'm planning by design will incorporate many of these technologies for fabrication processes in exterior and interior applications. I'm working with fiberglass bus mold fabricators to develop 'bolt on' parts applications and conversions that may lend well to aftermarket apllications in 'Skoolie' build market. While there may not be a viable market interest in these fabrication panel parts at this time - it will be an interesting proto-type and fun build.

To answer you - Yes - I'm basicly looking to help someone out to learn more and develop some expertise in whats involved - before I jump into my own project.

While I'm a licensed contractor with advanced skills - I'm not above learning and certainly not the 'know it all' type of guy.

I figured I go with the ones who know - you guys here on the board - who have the 'real' expereince and know how.

Thanks for asking

Mark
DaddyMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 07:27 AM   #4
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 1997
Coachwork: Amtran
Chassis: International
Engine: T444E/Allison pusher
Rated Cap: 79

Hey Mark we are doing a skoolie in thonotosassa, I'd like to meet ya, I have a welding business here, I dont actually need more help but your welcome to drop by and see what we are doing to her, I have a 97 amtran diesel pusher we are going to raise the roof12-16 inches soon
gseufzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 09:35 PM   #5
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 1997
Coachwork: Amtran
Chassis: International
Engine: T444E/Allison pusher
Rated Cap: 79

get your bus yet?? ours is comin together and it has turned into a practice bus of necessity. lol
gseufzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2022, 11:11 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyMac View Post
Need an extra hand on your bus project? I’m a contractor with mechanically minded talent who can work on almost anything. I have been following the ‘Skoolie’ threads for a while and looking to build my own very soon. If you live in or near the Tampa bay / St Pete Florida area and are looking for someone with builder/ construction experience and tools – give me a call.

I have a new Ford F150 HD 5.4L towing package with heavy load overhead ladder rack for large or long materials transport. I come with complete tools to do almost any job required short of welding. I’m knowledgeable on construction techniques (Licensed contractor) and blue prints as well as alternative energy applications, plumbing, electrical, solar power, etc.

I’m looking to help and learn more about ‘Skoolie’ bus building for my own project and am a reliable, mature hard working individual with an easy going helpful personality.

Mark

Contact me here
Are you still available?
dawn1708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2022, 11:18 AM   #7
Bus Nut

Year: 1990
Chassis: Crown Supercoach
Engine: Detroit 6-71TA, 10 sp.
Rated Cap: 90 (40')
It never hurts to ask, but the last post by this user was 11 years ago. Maybe start your own thread asking for assistance? If you decide to go that route, please add user info like location and bus specs to help helpful helpers help you.
Tejon7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2022, 02:24 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawn1708 View Post
Are you still available?
Yes I'm here?
dawn1708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2022, 05:34 PM   #9
Bus Crazy

Year: 2003
Coachwork: IC / Amtran
Chassis: CE300