Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-13-2016, 04:57 PM   #681
Mini-Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy View Post
well, I think this is the third time he's posted it on ebay, but this time, NO RESERVE. Someone's going to get a great bus, and probably for a lot less than I paid for mine

Gillig | eBay
I'm in North Carolina or I would bid on that one.

x225x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2016, 05:49 PM   #682
Bus Geek

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Freighliner FS65
Engine: Cat 3126
Rated Cap: 15
I've asked the seller about driving it to FL for me if I bid/win. We will see if he responds. At the current price, I can barely resist bidding anyway and just flying out there to get it.
EastCoastCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 07:13 AM   #683
Bus Geek

Although its a Cat, this bus is gong to be a tremendous deal for someone. Goin CHEAP it looks like.
Public Surplus: Auction #1665609
Old 08-15-2016, 07:20 AM   #684
Bus Geek

Year: 1991
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: DTA360 / MT643
Rated Cap: 7 Row Handicap
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastCoastCB View Post
I've asked the seller about driving it to FL for me if I bid/win. We will see if he responds. At the current price, I can barely resist bidding anyway and just flying out there to get it.
I love driving busses.. I suppose thats how ive put over 5k miles on a bus ive had for 3 months...
Id drive it to Florida

-Christopher
cadillackid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 07:53 AM   #685
Bus Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadillackid View Post
I love driving busses.. I suppose thats how ive put over 5k miles on a bus ive had for 3 months...
Id drive it to Florida

-Christopher
How much you charge per mile?
Edit- sorta sketchy... the seller has ended the listing "due to an error in the listing".
Guess it wasn't REALLY for sale?? At least not on a no reserve auction.
Old 08-15-2016, 09:34 AM   #686
Skoolie

Year: 1988
Coachwork: Gillig
Chassis: Phantom Schoolbus
Engine: Detroit Diesel 6v92TA
Rated Cap: 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastCoastCB View Post
How much you charge per mile?
Edit- sorta sketchy... the seller has ended the listing "due to an error in the listing".
Guess it wasn't REALLY for sale?? At least not on a no reserve auction.
Yeah, really sketchy. This whole thing is sketchy—that's the 3rd time it's been up for auction now.
sammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 09:45 AM   #687
Bus Geek

sounds like for some reason this seller really wants the bus to go for more money... or someone came uo and offered him cash on the barrelhead..

i still have to wonder though if its truly a gem of a bus why it would be so low price and / or keep coming back for re-sale.... is there something un-said wrong with it?

-Christopher
Old 08-15-2016, 01:46 PM   #688
Skoolie

Year: 1988
Coachwork: Gillig
Chassis: Phantom Schoolbus
Engine: Detroit Diesel 6v92TA
Rated Cap: 84
Quote:
sounds like for some reason this seller really wants the bus to go for more money... or someone came uo and offered him cash on the barrelhead..

i still have to wonder though if its truly a gem of a bus why it would be so low price and / or keep coming back for re-sale.... is there something un-said wrong with it?

-Christopher
Well, it was in a head-on collision with a semi I think that, and the high miles are probably the biggest items. Personally, I think it sounds like the repair was well-done, so probably not an issue. But I noticed he didn't list that detail in the latest description, so maybe trying not to bring that to anyone's attention any more.
sammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 02:36 PM   #689
Bus Nut

I think the owner of the Gillig is in it for too much and wants to avoid a loss.

That being said, he answered my questions within 24 hours. We're talking about a medium duty chassis with a heavy duty drivetrain. If well maintained, the 6v92, with 300+ thousand miles is barely broken in. The Allison HT740, while not overdriven, is a stout tranny. It has full air suspension and tons of belly storage. This is a somewhat unique skoolie. To the best of my knowledge, only Gillig and Crown put HD drivetrains in their skoolies. It's probably as close as you can get to a coach and still keep the full ladder frame.

Even thought it's on the opposite side of the continent and retrieving it adds $1000+ to the purchase price, I'm resolved that I'll probably have to put up this cash for a good bus. If it were <35' long, I would have bid on it.
BusFiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 03:20 PM   #690
Bus Geek

$1000 for fuel and thats assuming you dont have something Bust along the trip home.. or you have to put up alot to have it transported...

to me id rather drive it unless its never gonna be driven and is mainly a home.. that way you know from a long ride if its road-worthy and is comfortable to drive... and if not what to do before you make the inside nice N pretty..

-Christopher
Old 08-15-2016, 03:23 PM   #691
Bus Geek

Quote:
$1000 for fuel and thats assuming you dont have something Bust along the trip home.. or you have to put up alot to have it transported...

to me id rather drive it unless its never gonna be driven and is mainly a home.. that way you know from a long ride if its road-worthy and is comfortable to drive... and if not what to do before you make the inside nice N pretty..

-Christopher
I want the colorado bus with 250 hp and low miles!
I've talked to the school, it sounds n looks pretty solid.
I'm willing to bet its SOLID. Of course if something goes awry I'd cough up whatever it took...
THat bus in CO is too good to pass up, I WANT it. How much you want to drive it back for me?
Old 08-15-2016, 04:28 PM   #692
Bus Nut

Agreed. My plan would be to fly out and drive it back, credit card in hand. A 2500 mile road trip should wring out any issues the bus may have. I'm not sure if I'd survive the trip this time of year, with no A/C.

Quote:

-Christopher
BusFiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 04:45 PM   #693
Bus Crazy

Year: 1989
Chassis: Saf-T-Liner ER
Engine: 3208 CAT/MT643 tranny
Rated Cap: 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by BusFiend View Post
Agreed. My plan would be to fly out and drive it back, credit card in hand. A 2500 mile road trip should wring out any issues the bus may have. I'm not sure if I'd survive the trip this time of year, with no A/C.

I did that last year with heavy Fuel from CA to TX..... 115* in the shade no less......
Old 08-15-2016, 04:58 PM   #694
Bus Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by M1031A1 View Post
I did that last year with heavy Fuel from CA to TX..... 115* in the shade no less......
As busy as I've been lately and as hot as it is, bus delivery is something I'd consider.
Doesn't matter now. Someone in a better financial state than myself bought both of them.
Old 08-17-2016, 08:32 AM   #695

https://www.onlinepros.com/servlet/S...crements-49647

I haven't seen this auction sight listed here before. Is there a reason why? Having "lemon" in your name isn't super smart, but the listing's look nice.
summum_bonum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 09:03 AM   #696
Bus Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by summum_bonum View Post
https://www.onlinepros.com/servlet/S...crements-49647

I haven't seen this auction sight listed here before. Is there a reason why? Having "lemon" in your name isn't super smart, but the listing's look nice.
Do not know, looks to be an auction house that travels to where the items are and auctions them off, I guarantee they know nothing about individual lots

You will have to check the stuff out quickly and personally

good luck
bansil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 09:12 AM   #697

Thank you for the insight!
summum_bonum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 03:05 PM   #698
Bus Nut

Question

Sightseer Bus (Siloam Springs Ar.
1963 GM

condition: good
cylinders: 6 cylinders
fuel: diesel
title status: clean
transmission: automatic

Extremely rare GMC "fish bowl" bus with the full "sightseer package" - standee windows AND roof windows. Spent most of it's life as an Alaskan Tour Bus (garaged in winter). Strong 6V71 Detroit diesel, automatic transmission, good tires ... drove it home from Colorado last fall without any problem. I have the hard-to-find service manuals, and even a GrayLines promotional brochure with pics. Includes 6 original seats, and a pile of stuff for the conversion. Already licensed in Arkansas as a motorhome, so the paperwork is done. Interior carefully stripped (everything labeled) so you have a blank canvas for your motorhome conversion ... or it would make AMAZING tiny house! Only selling because new job leaves no time to complete. $8,500 o.b.o. [ For inspiration, google "Magpul Bus" or "Skyview Bus". ] More pics can be found on the Fayetteville, AR (fayar) Craigslist.

Sightseer Bus

1998 Ford B700 Thomas body 65 passenger. 5.9 Cummins 12 valve with MT643 Transmission 123,000 miles.
Versatile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 09:46 PM   #699
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 1997
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Chassis: Blue Bird
Engine: Cat 3116
Rated Cap: 88 souls
Interesting bus for sale in Tampa

1993 FORD B600 BUS CUMMINS ENGINE

My thoughts:

This was a fire department vehicle, and the fire guys I know obsess about taking care of their vehicles.

It is not painted 'school bus yellow', so, if you can live with the color, you can avoid a re-paint altogether, or at least delay it. (Florida does not require that the yellow be painted over, but still, I think most people prefer not to keep the yellow for various reasons.)

I've got my conversion underway (finally), but I might go for this otherwise.
Buzzard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2016, 09:08 AM   #700
Bus Nut

1984 DT466 and retarder.

I don't want to but yes I will let it go for $2500 give me a call 970-880-0790 Mike

Diesel 30 ft partly converted Bus drive it any where! Trade for truck - $5000 (Pagosa springs)

Diesel 30 ft partly converted Bus drive it any where! Trade for truck

This is a great running driving Thomas 30ft 1984 international Bus it has the 466 turbo Turbo Diesel with the inline injector pump and this bus also has a electro magnetic drive line retarder for going down steep grades.this bus was in service up till about two years ago. It has good tires and is ready to go..I'm looking to trade for a Diesel 4x4 or?

I was going to purchase this bus but due to immediate health concerns in the family and the flooding in La. have suddenly put plans on hold.

Let me know if you get it. i don't know the guy.

1998 Ford B700 Thomas body 65 passenger. 5.9 Cummins 12 valve with MT643 Transmission 123,000 miles.
Versatile is offline   Reply With Quote